Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Popping in and out of Tortoise's head too.

I just read back a few pages and saw that EK was the suspect on 10/13 regarding a personal property thing and remembered reading it somewhere in detail...

I don't think there's just as big a chance that she wasn't aware. She was right smack dab in the middle of a dependency court case in which it was alleged that abuse was occurring. And her kids apparently knew it was happening in that small trailer.

As far as mom being a victim, fine. Then call up dad and ask him to come get the kids. Call up grandma and have her come get the kids. Call the social worker and get him or her to take the kids. I would die before I allowed some abusive monster to harm my children. And this woman had options.

IMO -I don't believe for one second that KW was a victim of anything. Early on, I read that her families pastor often gave KW and Mariah rides to Mariah's Dr's appointments. Most abusers would NEVER allow their victims to be alone for long periods of time with anyone, let alone someone like a pastor who would have the resources to remove them from the situation. And I agree I would rather die myself before I allowed anyone to abuse my child.

I agree. I also think it's possible the drug use may have escalated recently and was just a matter of time before EK was involved in another incident. I think the witnesses are credible enough for LE to determine the timeline. For all we know, they may have been on the neighbor's radar as being a home that was in turmoil and not uncommon for a neighbor to watching activity there. MOO

He was arrested for assaulting an officer. Whether you think that's a trumped up charge or not.

Also, I don't think there is anything to suggest that the neighbors, who saw him demolish his own car, and then heard him explain that he has "an adult temper", aren't credible. They could be witnesses and testify just as easily as anyone else if there is nothing out there showing they are lying or making something up. And nothing has surfaced yet to suggest as much.

Many of the cases in which "mama's new man" beats her kid to death don;t involve step daddies or boyfriends with long records anyhow. So what we know about him thus far just solidifies it for me.

Very true. Most are not. However, if you know the abused, especially if you know them well, then one can tell something is "off". Long sleeves, sunglasses, swelling, and knocked out teeth, only have so many excuses.

Also, if she were abused, at this point, if her parents suspected it, they'd be saying, hinting at, something. All we've heard is that grandma had a volatile relationship with bio Dad.
Your post made me think of two photos I've seen of the 5 yr old. In both he had on a coat with his hood up, once on Thanksgiving and the other time after Mariah went missing. Now it could just be his preference, I know they go through phases like that, and it could be he was dressed like that by someone else to keep warm, except most people around had on short sleeves. It could also have been to hide bruising. There's no point speculating about it but it had stood out when I saw them.

Very true. Most are not. However, if you know the abused, especially if you know them well, then one can tell something is "off". Long sleeves, sunglasses, swelling, and knocked out teeth, only have so many excuses.

Also, if she were abused, at this point, if her parents suspected it, they'd be saying, hinting at, something. All we've heard is that grandma had a volatile relationship with bio Dad.

So far, everything points to KW being the abuser and not the victim. She may have been the one barking the orders to EK. If it is true he took the boys to his family's for Thanksgiving, it may have been to keep them away from KW. At that point, Mariah may have already been injured or dead.

So far, everything points to KW being the abuser and not the victim. She may have been the one barking the orders to EK. If it is true he took the boys to his family's for Thanksgiving, it may have been to keep them away from KW. At that point, Mariah may have already been injured or dead.

Totally agree with you.

Are there any reports out there that state KW caused bruises or injuries to her children?

I'm having a hard time thinking a mother would dump her precious toddler in a lake to protect a child who is too young to be prosecuted, even if she felt she would be punished for not supervising. That action in itself shows no loving bond with the baby from where I am. She wasn't taken to the nearby woods and wrapped up in the hope she would be found and brought home for a burial and a ceremony. She was taken 25 miles away and her body and soul couldn't have been treated with any less care or respect.

So to accept she would do that I have to accept also that she had no care for Mariah. I can't rule her out of hurting Mariah if she had no care for her. She didn't even arrange for Mariah to be buried somewhere she could secretly visit, it was literally a disposal like rubbish.

Very, very good point.

It is possible they are both telling the truth. KW last saw the child at 11:00 PM as EK was carrying her out the door and EK last saw her at midnight as he was dumping her in the creek.

Aha! That's a good thought. And a sad one.

I've fallen behind here. Anything promising on the horizon for KW arrested? Any new info at all? COD? Anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump. I guess not?

Possibly or not a verified source of the van incident as reported on 10/13/17 of EK's arrest record.

attachment.php

I think for sure this is that:

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171204/man-accused-of-hiding-toddlers-body-protected-in-court

I do not think a neighbor made up a story that he smashed his windows in order to settle a score.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know. At this point we are really stretching and contorting beyond what is rational to try to find that this guy is not a violent monster.

So do you mean in general then, not specifically relating to this case, if there is an apparent cod like a stabbing, they always do tox testing?

They do it all the time. Or at least they withhold the results with the excuse that they're waiting for test results. And every time, people begin assuming there's no obvious cause of death. But it's not true. Kayltynn Cargill is a great example of that. She was found beaten to death two days later - quick enough to tell she was violently murdered. But they still delayed releasing the cause of death claiming they were waiting on test results.

I believe it is more of a tactic. More time is usually good for the prosecution.

Nope, nope, nope and nope....I'm in the same boat.

Omg. What is taking SO long. Are they seriously not going to convict KW of anything.?? is this an unusually long wait? What exactly ARE they waiting for?? People have been arrested for lesser things. [emoji35]

Totally agree with you.

Why? What facts cause you to believe EK is the one who killed Mariah? And if not based on fact, why is speculation about her role more credible than speculation about his role?

The thought that a man like this with a criminal record such as he has would get involved with the disposal of a child's body and not be involved in some way in her death, is not logical to me. Coupled with the statements by the kids?

If KW was responsible for Mariah death, I don't believe for one minute EK would cover for her and take the rap for murder.

This is going to be long, and I apologize in advance, but I've dug around on EK, and I think that, if the above is allowed, it could possibly be true.

Couple of thoughts.

I don't think they found her floating. I think they found her inside of something (suitcases seem a common trend among folks who do these types of things), but when they opened it, she was "face down".

If they were supposed to watch the elder child around other children, is it possible that he acted out, and hurt her, prior to that night? I think it is a possibility. It would depend on any diagnoses he may have, but, we don't have those. We do know he was to monitored around other children, though. She was tiny.

One thing about EK, in all of his history, we do not see drug use, or trafficking. We do not see domestic violence either. Neither are any of his indicators checked for Domestic Violence (that I've found, thus far).

We do see convictions for:

April 2005 - Alamance County
Class 1 Misdemeanor for Larceny

October 2011 - Onslow County
Class 3 Misdemeanor for Drunk & Disorderly
Class 1 Misdemeanor for Assault/Threat Against Gvt. Officer
Class 1 Misdemeanor for Malicious Conduct by Prisoner 14-258.4

November 2014 - Onslow County
Failure to Wear Seat Belt (Driver)

May 2015 - Brunswick County
Class 1 Misdemeanor for Larceny

Feb 2016 - Onslow County
Misdemeanor Probation Violation - Out of County
(Unless he was absconding, had drugs, etc..., not a huge deal. At least not here, unless you are a murderer, or a thief on the scale of Eric Conn, who decided to go get pizza... in the Honduras.).

With larceny on his record, he probably couldn't find a decent paying job (especially in his field, and was possibly trying to do odd jobs.) May have been getting some funds from both of their parents, since she doesn't appear to have been working, either. Probably got some food stamps, and ssi for the children b/c of medical issues, and a cheap, or govt. assisted, cell phone. You've been able to obtain the same, with a landline, for literally decades, if you qualified, prior to cell phone availability. A phone is seen as a necessity in this day and age. I kid you not, I know folks who still had a Party Line in service past the 90s. That's how rural some of these places are.

EK received suspended sentences, and some time served (75 days served, it appears, for the Assault on Officer) most likely, SS, because of the amount of time that had passed, in between incidents, and different counties.

These are not heinous crimes. He's got sticky fingers, and he becomes belligerent when drinking. Seen both. Separate and combined. The latter especially. Possibly a casual, or weekend, drug user. Money issues, a possible recurring drinking problem, booze is cheap, combined with a hot temper. Not a good mix. Always deadly? No, but it can be.

Not 100% sure what the scenario was, with the D&D, and the Assault on Gvt. Off. but, from the charges, and looking at the convictions, I've a feeling he was stupid drunk, belligerent, resisted arrest, and, at the jail, spat upon an officer. In this day and age, spit counts.

Charge of Malicious Conduct by Prisoner 14-258.4 on October 2011
https://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_14/gs_14-258.4.html

Could he have lashed out and struck her? She's seriously injured. Mom doesn't go, but stays behind with the child, and, ultimately M passes. No medical aid?! They are both on the hook. So, very possible.

Could mom have done the same, lashing out? Quite possible.

I think, that if the elder child hurt her, mom would cover up for herself, for not supervising the children, and having a bf living there, who was unapproved, more-so than covering up for her elder child. I believe that's entirely possible too. Is it possible that the child could hurt M and did not know how bad he hurt M? I'd think so. He may have even gotten an immediate belt whoopin', for hurting her, and then, later, they realize that she's not well. What to do?

Good I'm not the only one. (I was skewered by someone somewhere else for saying it so I just keep my mouth shut. People just sooo much want to see someone pay for this that I don't think they necessarily care about getting the 100% truth. They just want their worst suspicions confirmed and then a lynching.) Before I was 70/30 that EK did it vs the eldest boy. But now I'm about split down the middle.

Here's what gets me: children don't lie about SA. BUT seriously abused and traumatized children sometimes lie about certain things when they think they are going to get in trouble. I do believe EK was abusive. I think heavy handed discipline always went too far. He was known to have rage issues. I think the boy was immersed in that. I think if its accurate that he was SA that that also played a huge factor. What I took from the first leaked CPS documents was that he was SA in the past and had started acting out toward other children. This is actually something that's seen in child victims of sex abuse. Violence is also common. Its also very common that they do it to children their own age and younger. Even infants. (I promise I'll find links later. My phone has been acting weird and I'm scared to navigate away and lose all of what I've written. Its just finally good to get this out because its been gnawing at me and it gnaws even more because I can't discuss with anyone because its the unpopular opinion.). I also think that's why he got his nose busted that day. IF the documents AW leaked are accurate, KW tended to just ignore the problem. I'm thinking maybe the pair thought physical discipline was an appropriate corrective measure. I also think its possible the boy tried to deflect and blame EK for an act he himself did. (EK was volatile and possibly physically abusive. The boy had every reason to want to make him get in trouble. Its not unheard of in abused children to lie about abuse from their caregiver if they think it will keep them out of trouble. Because trouble for them has usually meant something different than a time out.).

I think EK and KW both knew and tried to cover it up. I do not think they were trying to protect the child. I think they were trying to hide possibly drug use and definitely their own negligence. Especially if they were aware the boy needed help and failed to do so.

I do not know if EK perpetrated any SA in the house. I tend to lean towards no but I'm not sure and wouldn't be surprised if the answer was that he did. I do know that the father did not allege that he did in the first report. Only that something had previously happened to the boy. What I took from the CPS papers was that he was caught with a child (friend of KWs child) doing inappropriate things and that he was therefore not supposed to be unsupervised around kids.

I also still think it's entirely possible that EK raged during a bender and went too far with a beating and they blamed the boy because he has a history with it and had "caused problems" for them before.

I think it happened before the night that they said it did. I think KW stayed home to both grieve and clean the house. I think they possibly had drugs or paraphernalia and since I genuinely think they were covering their own asses and not the child's that they wanted to make it appear that they weren't as negligent as they probably are- knowing that there would be police coming through for a missing persons investigation soon.

I think that's why we aren't seeing charges yet. I think it's because the police are still trying to determine which one did it.

These are all only my opinions, but I really do think one of these two scenarios to be the most likely.

Omg. What is taking SO long. Are they seriously not going to convict KW of anything.?? is this an unusually long wait? What exactly ARE they waiting for?? People have been arrested for lesser things. [emoji35]

It's not at all an unusual wait in these kinds of cases. Not at all.

If KW was responsible for Mariah death, I don't believe for one minute EK would cover for her and take the rap for murder.
I have speculated that she may be holding his (alleged) sexual abuse of Mariah over him. She could claim they were all DV victims.

If true that one or the other tried to blame a child, I don't doubt that they would turn on each other if it came to that. IMO

Has anyone seen the child to confirm there were no visible signs of abuse from the incident that caused the nosebleed?

There were reports, If I understood them correctly, that the boys were sent to school, during the time their sister was missing[ or right after she was found]...is that right?

If so, the school would have seen if either one had bruises or facial injuries. JMO

It's not at all an unusual wait in these kinds of cases. Not at all.

Oh good! Lol not good that it's taking so long but you know what I mean. Just glad that they haven't written KW off as a suspect. Do you think she is "free" to go whereevee she wants and do wants she wants? Do u think they are tracking her every move? I should hope so. Wasn't sure if they can do that if she isn't considered a person of interest... which brings me to the question, IS she even officially a person of interest? I know she wasn't a few days ago, but I'm behind so could have missed that. [emoji58]

Hi Everyone.

This article is a bit misleading starting with the headline.

"Mariah Woods Mother Blaming her Son in North Carolina Toddles Death"

When you read this headline from the International Business Times it sounds official as in the mom said this herself which is not the case.

It's the bio dad, Alex Woods, and his fiance, making this accusation based on what they say the cops told them. This is from a podcast by Nancy Grace recorded a few days ago.

I am going by the article on Nancy's site. Haven't had a chance to listen to the podcast yet.

Here is the link http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/12/...llegedly-blames-her-young-son-for-tots-death/

Is this a rumor? Yes, but it is from the bio dad who claims the cops told him.

So do we call AW a liar and say the cops never said that to him? Not unless the cops come out and make that claim.No, we do not call AW a liar.

If you DO NOT treat this as a cold hard fact then we can allow a discussion as it pertains to Mariah's mom and her possible involvement.

This situation is one of the grey areas on Websleuths. One of about 12 million grey areas :)

If you have questions please send a private message rather than ask on the forum.

Thanks,
Tricia

REMINDER

We are only allowed to discuss the mother allegedly blaming her son, not implicate the son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid