Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked for Head Start for almost 20 years. In the
Middle of those years I worked for a different organization. I saw more neglect in a very high “intellectual “ organization, than I ever saw with Head Start. Because you are poor, does not equal need. Not excusing what happened, just saying you can live in a gated community, homeless shelter or a trailer park, does not matter. You either are a good parent or you are not. Give me Head Start parents any Day!

Middle of those years I worked for a different organization. I saw more neglect in a very high “intellectual “ organization, than I ever saw with Head Start. Because you are poor, does not equal need. Not excusing what happened, just saying you can live in a gated community, homeless shelter or a trailer park, does not matter. You either are a good parent or you are not. Give me Head Start parents any Day!

Thank you for saying this!!!!!

Assaulting a cop,destroying a car,beating a kid with a belt and hitting him in the face aren't signs of violence.OMG.

I'm not sure of your point. Mariah didn't live in a gated community and EK was unemployed. The highest crime rates in my city are in the neighborhoods where poverty and unemployment rates are also highest.

If KW was responsible for Mariah death, I don't believe for one minute EK would cover for her and take the rap for murder.

I don't either that's why I believe that it was EK who told LE that he disposed of Mariah, I think that it's possible that he wanted to make sure that they knew he did not kill her but that he did dispose of her. Just the wording of the charge makes me think this. I don't think that he would even think about taking the fall for someone for killing Mariah. It may be proven that he did kill her but right now I think he has led LE to think that he only disposed of the body.

The closure of the thread gave me time to put together my thoughts on everything, looking at all the various angles -

In the first week of the investigation -

1. around Tuesday one of the minors told what they knew, putting both adults in the frame.

2. around Wednesday/Thursday, whenever the Sheriff said they were cooperating, based on what the minor said and pressure from LE to come clean, KW *may have* said EK caused Mariah’s death and she was coerced into going along with the disposal and abduction story through threats of violence. The reason I don’t think she *may have* laid the blame on a minor, is the body disposal under duress from EK doesn’t make sense to me in that scenario and I think she would have a hard time explaining that. I don’t believe a selfish man like EK would pressure KW with violence to protect a minor – where’s his motivation? It’ll be very interesting to see if the autopsy lines up with what KW and EK say happened to Mariah.

3. around late Friday night LE arrested EK and now that KW admitted to the disposal, he admitted disposal but denied killing Mariah. He *may have* laid the blame on a minor. He hasn’t said this happened before Sunday night because he’s *possibly* steering clear of putting KW in the frame. He gave LE a general indication as to where he put Mariah's body during interrogation on the Saturday her body was found.

If he laid the blame on a minor there could be several reasons -

i. he thinks it may be believed because the minor may have anger issues
ii he wants to discredit everything the minor has to say about EK both in the incident and prior alleged abuse.
iii. he thinks minor can’t be prosecuted because of his age
iv. he doesn’t want to point the finger at KW because she has threatened to reveal his (alleged) SA of Mariah with battered wife defence for not putting a stop to it.
v. a minor did it – which I don’t believe.

I do not believe a minor killed Mariah. I think KW’s son is telling the truth for the reasons I put in post (#210), he exposed the lie of the abduction before anyone else when he was protected by that, the parts he didn’t know (who hit her and if she was dead) he didn’t try to fill in giving credence to him being an ear witness, and I think the adults would probably have made up a lie about how it happened, called an ambulance and not disposed of her body. The body told the story that they needed to hide and it is such an extreme reaction to a child’s death that it screams self-preservation to me. I don't think EK would have involved himself in the disposal of her body if a minor caused this, if the alleged SA is true he can only be blindly selfish.

Why I believe EK acting alone did not kill Mariah -

I don’t understand KW protecting EK if he killed Mariah. I don’t understand KW instigating the disposal of Mariah’s body. Her behaviour in not helping in the recovery of her body shows she didn’t want Mariah found. If EK threatened KW with violence why would she be the one instigating the disposal and why did she not draw on the protection of LE as soon as they showed up? Her young son seems to have felt safe and been brave enough to do that, even with a bloody nose.

So I’m leaning towards an eventual charge for the death against KW, or both KW and EK.

EK agreeing to dispose of Mariah’s body -

a. he killed Mariah, or
b. KW killed Mariah and secured his participation in the cover up by threatening to reveal (alleged) SA, or
c. they’re both responsible through negligence for Mariah’s death.

Time of death -

My early suspicion that Mariah had already died before that evening, is solidified now by LE still asking for sightings of the family in the days leading up to Sunday, unsatisfied by what they’ve been told by extended family, possibly because of the autopsy results, having been given a time of occurrence of the incident by everyone in the trailer and still not accepting it, and by my theory that the minor did not hear Mariah crying and merely guessed his sister was hit for them to be wanting to get rid of her (what a shocking detail for a child to absorb about his own mom). I believe KW knew that the minor heard her saying ‘get rid of her’ and planted the idea in the head of the minor that Mariah was crying and she told EK to handle it. I am more than a little dubious of a timeline where Mariah cries, is injured and KW instantly says ‘get rid of her’. That reaction would be far too quick to happen together as described.

I'm thinking her death occurred during the night on the eve of Thanksgiving, or KW may have decided not to go to Raleigh because EK’s ex was going to be there, so she stayed behind and it occurred between Thursday and Sunday while they were gone. KW went out there on the Sunday and picked them up.

The only thing that troubles me about that timeline would be the odour of decomposition. Did she move her to the shed in a suitcase?

Grandpa believes they all came back from Raleigh including Mariah because he automatically assumes if KW was there then Mariah would be too. It might not have occurred to him to ask if Mariah was with them if he has no suspicions that her death didn’t occur that night.

What could have happened around 11pm Nov 26[SUP]th [/SUP]–

The boys were in bed. The adults argue about what to do with Mariah’s body, the minor gets up to see what it’s about, he is punched as a warning to stay out of it. EK goes out at around midnight after the boys have settled, to look for a place and wait a few hours for a time when he won’t be seen. He goes to the abandoned house, steals the dressers just because they are there and KW wants some, and then at 3am he leaves to dispose of Mariah’s body.

Cause of death –

I think it could be ingestion of drugs or toxic substance. I didn’t think this initially but I can’t think if another cause of death was apparent why there is a delay which points to awaiting toxicology results.

From what KW said, trying to sift the lies from the truth, she did appear to have a visceral memory response to describing feeding Mariah and putting her to bed, I think it’s quite possible she fed her water to try and flush out what was in her system.

The investigation -

It’s interesting that the child was able to give the Maple Hill detail early in the week but KW still didn’t help LE with what she knew. I’ll bet she was thinking hard how she could explain that. It seems they had to coax this out of EK. Everything else in the minor’s account could still be explained by her counter-story of telling EK to handle Mariah. My guess is that to shift the focus of their search, LE couldn’t rely on something the child heard but wasn’t sure of. They needed KW/EK to confirm it. I really can’t believe KW didn’t ask EK where he put her, particularly as EK must have been telling someone for the child to hear.

I think there hasn’t been charge/s laid for her death yet because the admissions aren’t matching up. Both EK and KW would have had to disclose a cause of death to have been involved in her disposal. Requests for sightings also reveals doubt about their accounts. I hope KW and EK were kept apart during that week so they couldn’t align stories as it unfolded.

There could be truth in the SA allegation against EK if he’s not dobbing KW in it.

What a mess!!

Feel free to take it apart, put forward different views. The dynamics of an investigation and the family members is what keeps my interest.

Very well thought out I agree with all of it and only want to add that I think EK originally went to the abandoned house to see if he could dispose of her body there and somehow make it look like an accident or part of the abduction and he either saw the dressers and decided to take those instead or once he realized it was not a good place to leave her he grabbed the dressers knowing KW was looking for some.

Yep. We had to tell the parents that before we handed them the report and they had to sign an parent agreement. This is why I was so surprised the docs were breached. I understand the emotions were high but a bigger hole has been dug. You work with them and not against them. Guarantee it that the judge talked about that in the first hearing. JMO
He did work with them,they worked against hIm,and Mariah,and her brothers. Now his daughter is dead. DEAD. Because their failure. They placed those kids back with who? Who is dead now because of that?
So who worked against who here?
He's not the murderer here, He's not the one who lived with the murderer,and allowed the abuse.
He's not the one that made the decision to place those children back with the person who allowed the abuse,and now murder.
They are complicit in her murder imo. So why should he trust them to do the right thing now.
Their track record is abysmal.

Very well thought out I agree with all of it and only want to add that I think EK originally went to the abandoned house to see if he could dispose of her body there and somehow make it look like an accident or part of the abduction and he either saw the dressers and decided to take those instead or once he realized it was not a good place to leave her he grabbed the dressers knowing KW was looking for some.

I wish we knew for sure what time the dressers were actually stolen. Closer to 11, or closer to 3:30 am?

I tend to think he stole them before there was a need to dispose of Mariah. She may have been injured in the days previously, but not dead yet; or the death occurred after he got the dressers. JMO

Thoughts on why Kristy would've been named the victim in the 10/13/17 incident? Was it HER van he destroyed or was there some other incident that was not detailed? I just find him more than capable of carrying out violence, especially if we take into account the pot, heroin, and methamphetamine use. MOO

[/LIST]

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for but it's obvious that there was abuse going on in the home, we have a dead child, and we have the kids removed at one point, so something wasn't right. I just don't see any abuse toward mom, at this juncture. People can beat the Hell out of their kids, but not each other, or, they could be one of those couples, who argue, scratch, claw, fight, bite, and call each other out of their names one minute, and then the next, they make up and everything is peachy keen in the household until the next big blow-up. There are people who thrive on that type of relationship. If they have no kids? Go for it. Better they find their own match made in Hell than take it out on someone who doesn't enjoy that type stuff. I'm not really seeing mom as a battered, helpless, female, at this point, though. I gave her the benefit of the doubt early on, until we've learned more, so until there's proof he beat her like a borrowed mule, I'm holding off on wasting anymore pity on her. There is nothing in the above link that says that mom is a battered girlfriend.

The unverified documents dated Dec. 1 and released by Woods and Craft are reports after interviews done with Mariah’s two young brothers who, due to their ages, will not be named.

According to the document, the court believes there is a reasonable basis to believe that the boys have been exposed to “a substantial risk of physical injury or sexual abuse because of the parent, guardian, custodian, or caretaker has created conditions likely to cause injury or abuse or has failed to provide, or is unable to provide, adequate supervision or protection.”

“The respondent parents have a history of exposing the juveniles to adult situations and conversation during their ongoing custody battle,” according to the documents.

Which may be what caused social services to speak with them to begin with. Although my guess is LE spoke with them first and then alerted social services.

I think they are generally keeping track. She has not been listed as a POI by LE as far as I know. But I'm pretty sure the both of them are up for grabs.

By both you mean KW and EK? I was pretty certain that EK was safely in jail for awhile unless one of his drug buddies posts his million dollar bail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for but it's obvious that there was abuse going on in the home, we have a dead child, and we have the kids removed at one point, so something wasn't right. I just don't see any abuse toward mom, at this juncture. People can beat the Hell out of their kids, but not each other, or, they could be one of those couples, who argue, scratch, claw, fight, bite, and call each other out of their names one minute, and then the next, they make up and everything is peachy keen in the household until the next big blow-up. There are people who thrive on that type of relationship. If they have no kids? Go for it. Better they find their own match made in Hell than take it out on someone who doesn't enjoy that type stuff. I'm not really seeing mom as a battered, helpless, female, at this point, though. I gave her the benefit of the doubt early on, until we've learned more, so until there's proof he beat her like a borrowed mule, I'm holding off on wasting anymore pity on her. There is nothing in the above link that says that mom is a battered girlfriend.

Exactly.

He was arrested for assaulting an officer. Whether you think that's a trumped up charge or not.

Also, I don't think there is anything to suggest that the neighbors, who saw him demolish his own car, and then heard him explain that he has "an adult temper", aren't credible. They could be witnesses and testify just as easily as anyone else if there is nothing out there showing they are lying or making something up. And nothing has surfaced yet to suggest as much.

Many of the cases in which "mama's new man" beats her kid to death don;t involve step daddies or boyfriends with long records anyhow. So what we know about him thus far just solidifies it for me.

I do believe he hit the kids. I do not doubt that she hit them, either. I'm just not certain which one was ultimately the cause of her death. Mom had a court date for attacking AW's gf. We don't know all the particulars b/c the gf didn't show. So mom's not exactly a shrinking violet.

My apologies, I wasn't very clear. I was questioning why you thought KW may have been listed as the victim in the van incident report. I really don't know but wondered if the call was placed by her or a neighbor. She obviously didn't show any injuries and nothing more was made of it. Really trying to get the mindset of whether she called and perceived herself as the victim. IMO, it was a very turbulent household and I suspect they contributed equally to the arguments and possibly even drug use.

Assaulting a cop,destroying a car,beating a kid with a belt and hitting him in the face aren't signs of violence.OMG.

Please read my comment and digest its content. That is not what I said and everything you have listed has not been proven beyond a Nancy Grace podcast. I'm sorry, I'm not willing to pillory some one based on heresay, questionable statements and details of a temper tantrum we known nothing about except through the voice of one neighbor.

I'm not sure of your point. Mariah didn't live in a gated community and EK was unemployed. The highest crime rates in my city are in the neighborhoods where poverty and unemployment rates are also highest.

Wealthy people commit crimes, just different crimes, usually, but domestic violence permeates all economic levels and so does sexual assault of minors. In fact sexual assault is far more likely to be hushed up in 'good' families.

I do believe he hit the kids. I do not doubt that she hit them, either. I'm just not certain which one was ultimately the cause of her death. Mom had a court date for attacking AW's gf. We don't know all the particulars b/c the gf didn't show. So mom's not exactly a shrinking violet.

ek and kw are equally heartless..they let hundreds of searchers and LE tramp thru the elements for days looking for a precious child they both knew was at the bottom of a creek. I wouldn't put anything past either one of them and IMOO they both should be charged.

Please read my comment and digest its content. That is not what I said and everything you have listed has not been proven beyond a Nancy Grace podcast. I'm sorry, I'm not willing to pillory some one based on heresay, questionable statements and details of a temper tantrum we known nothing about except through the voice of one neighbor.

So, what do you think the malicious damage charge was for?

But you won't give the police the benefit of the doubt and imply they made up the assault charge.You also implied the neighbors made up the car claim.Interesting.

But you won't give the police the benefit of the doubt and imply they made up the assault charge.You also implied the neighbors made up the car claim.Interesting.

And the neigbour who saw him carrying something out the back door may have been lying too. I wonder why they all want to lie about this man? I could keep an open mind on that before she was found, but not after the Sheriff saying that he had a long talk with a family member and they know exactly where to look for her, 25 miles from her home.

Yeah, the problem with continually giving EK the benefit of the doubt means that everyone else is lying - LE, the neighbors, the boys, and AW.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member