Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read my comment and digest its content. That is not what I said and everything you have listed has not been proven beyond a Nancy Grace podcast. I'm sorry, I'm not willing to pillory some one based on heresay, questionable statements and details of a temper tantrum we known nothing about except through the voice of one neighbor.
We do know theres a dead baby. And its safe to say the cops you speak of are not responsible. And neither is the shaggy haired stranger.

Wasn't it said her dad was a heavy drinker? Why would anyone tell a heavy drinker a secret? Again, unless she (they) needed his help.

It is so hard to keep track of the cast of players, but I think grandma's partner is a step grandfather, but I may be wrong.

It is so hard to keep track of the cast of players, but I think grandma's partner is a step grandfather, but I may be wrong.

I think you're right. Is KW's bio dad in the picture or is the stepdad the grandfather we are talking about? Have we always been talking about one man? That's what I've thought.

My apologies, I wasn't very clear. I was questioning why you thought KW may have been listed as the victim in the van incident report. I really don't know but wondered if the call was placed by her or a neighbor. She obviously didn't show any injuries and nothing more was made of it. Really trying to get the mindset of whether she called and perceived herself as the victim. IMO, it was a very turbulent household and I suspect they contributed equally to the arguments and possibly even drug use.

From what I gather it was her vehicle, so I think that's why she was listed as victim, not necessarily that he then started on her after she got back. I wouldn't rule it out that he might start on her after she got back, but then why wouldn't he be charged with assault on her?

We don't know who called the police in, perhaps it was a neighbor who called quietly in case EK turned from the vehicle on his property onto another target?

As to EK's potential level of violence, there was another MSM report that noted that cops were called due to an altercation between EK and another woman, and yet another woman was named as the victim in the altercation, and they said that happened in the week between Mariah's disappearance and EK's arrest. Sorry for not having the link handy but it has been posted previously in this thread or near the end of the last thread.

The allegation that KW tried to run over AW's fiancee. It sounds like a more passive aggressive type of violence from vindictiveness. AK also describes vindictive behavior from KW toward his fiancee, saying that KW was making up something about HC having cancer and blacking out, therefore the children shouldn't be in her care...that strikes me as vindictiveness. From AK's interviews, I think he said that KW and AW were sharing custody a lot better before HC came on the scene, and at that point KW started trying to find more ways to prevent the kids staying with AW. I think all these allegations go together quite well and sound believable as part of a 'profile' of KW. If or how that vindictive streak might come out in her treatment of her own children, I can't imagine. I can imagine a scenario where KW and EK end up bringing out the worst in each other in a lot of ways. I'm also thinking KW might be more skilled in putting blame on EK than the other way around. AW has alleged in documents relating to the previous custody 'fight' that KW lies and covers things up, I think it's possible that she might try to spin a battered woman story to LE.

The other thing I keep thinking about is when AW described what he heard on the speakerphone conversation with KW's father, and it was alleged that KW told EK to 'get rid' of Mariah's body "because *we all* would get into trouble" (paraphrased).

Is *we all* a dialectical term connected to y'all and all y'all? It seems to suggest that from KW's perspective she feels that both EK and KW are complicit in Mariah's death or the lead-up to it. I can't see EK lifting a finger to hide a body if he doesn't feel complicit in it.

Nothing beyond what AW supplied to the media. The woman drove her car and tried to hit gf in front of children. The children said their mother is mean. Emotional trauma doesn't leave bruises and it can be as harmful as a belt.

I had forgotten about that little tidbit, that she tried to run over ex's gf. And yes to emotional trauma. It takes a very long time to heal and never fully goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have worked for Head Start for almost 20 years. In the
Middle of those years I worked for a different organization. I saw more neglect in a very high “intellectual “ organization, than I ever saw with Head Start. Because you are poor, does not equal need. Not excusing what happened, just saying you can live in a gated community, homeless shelter or a trailer park, does not matter. You either are a good parent or you are not. Give me Head Start parents any Day!

Definitely.

I have worked for Head Start for almost 20 years. In the
Middle of those years I worked for a different organization. I saw more neglect in a very high “intellectual “ organization, than I ever saw with Head Start. Because you are poor, does not equal need. Not excusing what happened, just saying you can live in a gated community, homeless shelter or a trailer park, does not matter. You either are a good parent or you are not. Give me Head Start parents any Day!

I'm not sure of your point. Mariah didn't live in a gated community and EK was unemployed. The highest crime rates in my city are in the neighborhoods where poverty and unemployment rates are also highest.

Yeah I am the last person to denigrate people of little means but the stats are very clear - crime, violence, drug and alcohol dependency, child abuse, etc., ALL are greater in poorer communities. Not because they are worse people but likely for a host of factors - people with a lot of money get herded into other systems that shield them from CPS and LE, people with money have better access to mental health, rehabilitation and other forms of help and poverty causes incredible stressors that increase the risk of substance and alcohol abuse and domestic violence/child abuse in families.

That's just fact.

By both you mean KW and EK? I was pretty certain that EK was safely in jail for awhile unless one of his drug buddies posts his million dollar bail.

Both are up for grabs as far as future charges are concerned. He doesn't have to be on the outside for that to be the case.

Yeah I am the last person to denigrate people of little means but the stats are very clear - crime, violence, drug and alcohol dependency, child abuse, etc., ALL are greater in poorer communities. Not because they are worse people but likely for anhost of factors - people with a lot of money get herded into other systems that shield them from CPS and LE, people with money have better access to mental health, rehabilitation and other forms of help and poverty causes incredible stressors that increase the risk of substance and alcohol abuse and domestic violence/child abuse in families.

That's just fact.

Yeah, it's all about the money, those who have and those who don't.
What a world.

I do believe he hit the kids. I do not doubt that she hit them, either. I'm just not certain which one was ultimately the cause of her death. Mom had a court date for attacking AW's gf. We don't know all the particulars b/c the gf didn't show. So mom's not exactly a shrinking violet.

I don't know either but IMO it's certain he was involved in her death. I can see a scenario where both abused the kids or in which mom allowed it to happen which is the same thing in my book.

This is the kind of thing we see over and over and over again. Everything is normal until the new partner comes on the scene. Then both join in on a gradually escalating abuse scenario. That's my gut here.

But no way would that dude dispose of the body if he wasn't involved.

I don't know either but IMO it's certain her was involved in her death. I can see a scenario where both abused the kids or in which mom allowed it to happen which is the same thing in my book.

This is the kind of thing we see over and over and over again. Everything is normal until the new partner comes on the scene. Then both join in on a gradually escalating abuse scenario. That's my gut here.

In a lot of these cases yes i agree. How tragic for the poor children that don't get a say in it.

Please read my comment and digest its content. That is not what I said and everything you have listed has not been proven beyond a Nancy Grace podcast. I'm sorry, I'm not willing to pillory some one based on heresay, questionable statements and details of a temper tantrum we known nothing about except through the voice of one neighbor.

That's a misdemeanor "assault" against a cop. More than likely EK said something that hurt the cops feelings and the cop decided to hit him with "assault." Cops do this sort of thing all the time, struggle while getting arrested? Ooops...sorry, now you've got resisting arrest. WHoa whoa...you mouthed off to me? NOW, you're getting hit with disorderly conduct. Spitting in a drunken rage in the general direction of a cop will result in an assault against a cop charge. Add to that it's only a misdemeanor assault, if it was an actual violent assault it would have been charged as a felony. I just don't buy that as evidence of his violent streak.

[BBM]. Yet you seem to be all too willing to pillory cops... :facepalm:

I feel like there won't be any further charges until tox results are in. Which worries me, as I hope they are not counting on those results for answers. I can't see how tox results will prove much...they won't show how she ingested anything they might find. Jmo

Wealthy people commit crimes, just different crimes, usually, but domestic violence permeates all economic levels and so does sexual assault of minors. In fact sexual assault is far more likely to be hushed up in 'good' families.

This thread isn't about wealthy people committing crimes. Mariah disappeared from a mobile home community and the one person arrested so far is unemployed.

Good I'm not the only one. (I was skewered by someone somewhere else for saying it so I just keep my mouth shut. People just sooo much want to see someone pay for this that I don't think they necessarily care about getting the 100% truth. They just want their worst suspicions confirmed and then a lynching.) Before I was 70/30 that EK did it vs the eldest boy. But now I'm about split down the middle.

Here's what gets me: children don't lie about SA. BUT seriously abused and traumatized children sometimes lie about certain things when they think they are going to get in trouble. I do believe EK was abusive. I think heavy handed discipline always went too far. He was known to have rage issues. I think the boy was immersed in that. I think if its accurate that he was SA that that also played a huge factor. What I took from the first leaked CPS documents was that he was SA in the past and had started acting out toward other children. This is actually something that's seen in child victims of sex abuse. Violence is also common. Its also very common that they do it to children their own age and younger. Even infants. (I promise I'll find links later. My phone has been acting weird and I'm scared to navigate away and lose all of what I've written. Its just finally good to get this out because its been gnawing at me and it gnaws even more because I can't discuss with anyone because its the unpopular opinion.). I also think that's why he got his nose busted that day. IF the documents AW leaked are accurate, KW tended to just ignore the problem. I'm thinking maybe the pair thought physical discipline was an appropriate corrective measure. I also think its possible the boy tried to deflect and blame EK for an act he himself did. (EK was volatile and possibly physically abusive. The boy had every reason to want to make him get in trouble. Its not unheard of in abused children to lie about abuse from their caregiver if they think it will keep them out of trouble. Because trouble for them has usually meant something different than a time out.).

I think EK and KW both knew and tried to cover it up. I do not think they were trying to protect the child. I think they were trying to hide possibly drug use and definitely their own negligence. Especially if they were aware the boy needed help and failed to do so.

I do not know if EK perpetrated any SA in the house. I tend to lean towards no but I'm not sure and wouldn't be surprised if the answer was that he did. I do know that the father did not allege that he did in the first report. Only that something had previously happened to the boy. What I took from the CPS papers was that he was caught with a child (friend of KWs child) doing inappropriate things and that he was therefore not supposed to be unsupervised around kids.

I also still think it's entirely possible that EK raged during a bender and went too far with a beating and they blamed the boy because he has a history with it and had "caused problems" for them before.

I think it happened before the night that they said it did. I think KW stayed home to both grieve and clean the house. I think they possibly had drugs or paraphernalia and since I genuinely think they were covering their own asses and not the child's that they wanted to make it appear that they weren't as negligent as they probably are- knowing that there would be police coming through for a missing persons investigation soon.

I think that's why we aren't seeing charges yet. I think it's because the police are still trying to determine which one did it.

These are all only my opinions, but I really do think one of these two scenarios to be the most likely.

I would not be surprised if either of these two scenarios played out. It's a very long story and I'm not going to tell it, but, I have my reasons for believing Dad, when he said that they were supposed to closely watch the eldest around other children. I took that to mean siblings, as well. I don't think that mom, or EK, were watching them, at all, and were likely making matters worse in a home, filled with EK and mom fighting, and the like. I'm not hating on a child, I'm just looking at it from stark reality. I will say, that a family I know, after years of therapy, had to place their child, a little younger than the one in this case, into another family member's home for awhile (no small children). All we know about the child's background, is what Dad has told us, and if we are to believe what he's told us, it's not good, even if the child had nothing to do with this particular incident, there is a reason they were told to watch him around other kids. It's there. Dad told us why. If I read it right.

But we are not talking about what he was charged with. We are speaking about what he was CONVICTED of. Two very different things.

In my opinion, he would not have been convicted of assault/threatening a cop if there was no evidence that he did so.

EK may have taken a plea deal on the advice of his attorney. I've never seen a judge take the word of a defendant over the word of the cop who arrested him.

I feel like there won't be any further charges until tox results are in. Which worries me, as I hope they are not counting on those results for answers. I can't see how tox results will prove much...they won't show how she ingested anything they might find. Jmo

I think they are just waiting for official confirmation of what they probably already know before they place more charges, but it's JMO.

This thread isn't about wealthy people committing crimes. Mariah disappeared from a mobile home community and the one person arrested so far is unemployed.

Yes that is true, but plenty of ;employed persons have killed children.

If they did go to school that day, it’s possible a teacher felt mandated to report it.

Which brings me back to what happened?! It's been said that they have been suffering abuse in the household, and the teachers would only notice the day after Thanksgiving holiday? If they've been reporting bruises and odd accidents for a year and a half then here we are again, someone wasn't paying attention. Also, if they did see bruises, after Thanksgiving, then LE probably did too, because I'd think that they talked to them that same day (one would hope). They may have even sent LE to the school to retrieve, and talk, to them. We'd likely not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pagan25