Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&amp]Yes, it's worded weird. Under whose home?
how much space is there under a mobile home?

"An Onslow County Sheriff’s Office crime scene investigator wearing a hazmat suit crawled underneath Mariah’s home and the home next door, but nothing was brought out from underneath.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Two law enforcement officers then walked door to door, knocking and talking to neighbors. One neighbor, Kelly Kerr, allowed agents to examine the area beneath her rental property after she and other residents in the home heard a loud sound emanating from their home late Sunday night."

[/FONT]
http://www.arkansasnews.com/zz/news/20171129/search-for-toddler-mariah-woods-continues-on-day-3-in-north-carolina

So these neighbors heard loud booms under their own trailer Sunday evening?? Hmmm.

[FONT=&amp]Yes, it's worded weird. Under whose home?
how much space is there under a mobile home?

"An Onslow County Sheriff’s Office crime scene investigator wearing a hazmat suit crawled underneath Mariah’s home and the home next door, but nothing was brought out from underneath.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Two law enforcement officers then walked door to door, knocking and talking to neighbors. One neighbor, Kelly Kerr, allowed agents to examine the area beneath her rental property after she and other residents in the home heard a loud sound emanating from their home late Sunday night."

[/FONT]
http://www.arkansasnews.com/zz/news/20171129/search-for-toddler-mariah-woods-continues-on-day-3-in-north-carolina

Could have been an animal.

Good point. I got 'coons and squirrels in my ceiling, esp this time of year. It sounds like they are having a straight up party above my bedroom some nights.

Oh yea...Pro Tip: if you have critters in your ceiling....it's a really bad idea to watch scary movies in the dark, there's a 100% chance one of them is going to make a BOOM when the demon/ghost/killer/nervous cat does something in the movie . :)

It's not clear to me if they thought the sound came from near their own home or KW's home, because it's linked in the same sentence as them searching beneath Kerr's trailer.

I didn't hear anything about a door.

I'd read that earlier on and couldn't make out which they meant either.

Agree. They sometimes come up on our back deck and make a ruckus. Most have learned, through trial and error, that the dogs aren't fond of them, and they stay away now.

Here's another report from a different source. It sounds like Kerr was talking about her own trailer.

Throughout the day Wednesday, busloads of Marines deployed from the command post on Dawson Cabin Road to different areas to conduct foot searches. Investigators stayed at the Woods’ residence with some seen wearing white hazardous-material jumpsuits, peering and crawling beneath the home as well as other nearby dwellings.

An Onslow County Sheriff’s Office crime scene investigator wearing a hazmat suit crawled underneath Mariah’s home and the home next door, but nothing was brought out from underneath.

Two law enforcement officers then walked door to door, knocking and talking to neighbors. One neighbor, Kelly Kerr, allowed agents to examine the area beneath her rental property after she and other residents in the home heard a loud sound emanating from their home late Sunday night.

“It sounded like something hitting a piece of wood real hard,” said Kyle Bonitz, who shares the home with Kerr.

http://www.ellwoodcityledger.com/zz...ah-woods-continues-on-day-3-in-north-carolina

ETA: Sorry, this was in reference to searching under trailers and not about a door.

Here's another report from a different source. It sounds like Kerr was talking about her own trailer.

Throughout the day Wednesday, busloads of Marines deployed from the command post on Dawson Cabin Road to different areas to conduct foot searches. Investigators stayed at the Woods’ residence with some seen wearing white hazardous-material jumpsuits, peering and crawling beneath the home as well as other nearby dwellings.

An Onslow County Sheriff’s Office crime scene investigator wearing a hazmat suit crawled underneath Mariah’s home and the home next door, but nothing was brought out from underneath.

Two law enforcement officers then walked door to door, knocking and talking to neighbors. One neighbor, Kelly Kerr, allowed agents to examine the area beneath her rental property after she and other residents in the home heard a loud sound emanating from their home late Sunday night.

“It sounded like something hitting a piece of wood real hard,” said Kyle Bonitz, who shares the home with Kerr.

http://www.ellwoodcityledger.com/zz...ah-woods-continues-on-day-3-in-north-carolina

ETA: Sorry, this was in reference to searching under trailers and not about a door.

They looked under hers, and one next door, so it appears they may have thought that it was possible that the noise could have come from a trailer next door, too. If something were banging real hard, under my house, I'd be out there with a flashlight, and a gun.

If this little angel had already passed when the 911 call came in then why is her date of death listed as December 2?

One recurring unanswered question in my feeble mind...when LE was called to respond to 911 call for a missing child (assumed since 911 call not released) within a short amount of time an amber alert was issued. IMO evidently at first glance by LE, there was no evidence to suggest anything other than a missing child, why else would the amber alert be issued? Apparently no evidence in the trailer to suggest a murder had taken place, no "catching of a lie being told" by family members or neighbors interviewed, apparently those dang stolen dressers didnt initially raise LE concern that this was anything other than a missing child. No accusation by KW or EK or anyone else to prompt LE to check with AW or his gf whereabouts before amber alert issued. Is it easy to have an amber alert issued? Ironically, if not for the amber alert, social media would not be telling Mariah's sad story and all her family's dirty little secrets.
Did LE think EK was Mariah's father that morning?

It was about 4-5 hours before the AA was issued, I believe. One of their first questions should have been is there anyone you know or can think of who could have taken her. I'm sure that little oversight by KW didn't escape the attention of the FBI when AW contacted LE.

Did LE think EK was Mariah's father that morning?

It was about 4-5 hours before the AA was issued, I believe. One of their first questions should have been is there anyone you know or can think of who could have taken her. I'm sure that little oversight by KW didn't escape the attention of the FBI when AW contacted LE.

Something just occurred to me. Did LE ever verify AW's story that he only learned of Mariah's disappearance from the Amber Alert? Unless I missed something (which is a very strong possibility) the only person to say he wasn't contacted by KW or LW is AW.

This indicates to me that LE knew about AW based on the way this article is worded. KW may have told them about AW right away but didn't have contact info so they issued amber alert and tracked him down. This doesn't indicate AW contacted LE but instead that LE showed up at his work.

'It said, "3-year-old Mariah Kay Woods' and I was like, what? Wait a minute. I sat there for a minute - I have a daughter named Mariah Kay Woods - that's my daughter. I was like, nah, couldn't be."'
He said he called his fiancee and asked her if she had heard it on the news. He said he found it weird that no one had called him.
Shortly after, he said, police showed up at his work to interview him and he cooperated, giving them all the information he had.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-says-mom-LYING-kidnapping.html#ixzz51EqnX4Tq

Could have also been heat ducts expanding and contracting when they turned their heat on. It happens occasionally.

ETA It's possible that they were either new to the trailer and had never heard this sound before. It's also possible that a raccoon or something was walking on the duct work, causing it to buckle and pop back out. This can sound like banging. I know because some of my cats will occasionally go into our basement and walk across the duct work.

I think it means the Kerr's trailer, knowing LE went underneath it.

If it meant KW's trailer Kerr wouldn't know where the loud sound emanated from IMO.

"Something hitting a piece of wood real hard" -

From the report it doesn't even sound as if they might be right next door. Don't they know we want all the facts, what time, did it wake them up, was it before EK went out, was it one bang or more..? :D

If it was a flimsy chipboard internal door being slammed (pure speculation) I don't think it would make that loud of a sound outside, and inside Kerr's home, or even sound like something hitting against wood. I'm imagining someone throwing something heavy like a hammer on top of a wooden object in a shed, or chucking objects around in the shed looking for something. I think there was activity that night in/around the shed because they spotted something there and moved the crime scene tape (link provided recently). If EK put the dressers in the shed (speculation) what evidence would they see? A gouge out of the grass, could have been made anytime. I don't think they were that interested in a couple of $40 dressers anyway. Maybe something like a little hairband, Mariah could have played there, unless it had blood on it. Blood drips? maybe. Little indentations in the ground that show a certain object was put there? A piece of rope or something. (** see below note). It seems that items were flown to Quantico that day or early the next.

The 3D scanners set up Thursday. IMO they are certain by that time Mariah died at home, because Wednesday they said they believed it was a focused incident. If they thought she died at the abandoned house the crime scene would be there. Why would a trial need a 3D scan of the outside of the property? I can see the possibility that at some stage these trailers could be moved and the land redeveloped, and a jury would not be able to do a site visit. But what puzzles me is that this was a scan of the outside, and I don't see how that could have a bearing on what happened inside the trailer. Perhaps it is so that it can be proved a witness who said they saw something could actually see what they saw from their viewpoint, but then I would think the scanners would be set up from their viewpoint, not within the crime scene tape.

Photographs of the property would show just as well that EK left through a certain exit door carrying Mariah and walked to the van. I've read that these 3D scanners are used in trials to build replica models and diagrams but that seems to be a convoluted method if photographs of a patch in the grass could suffice, and whatever he did outside of the trailer doesn't seem to be dependent on or only made possible by the lay of the land or features of the trailer's exterior. I'm beginning to wonder if by setting up the scanners they didn't use them for anything and it was a ploy to get KW thinking they were focusing on a crime scene in the trailer and to start talking.

**I have a very dodgy search history on my computer. Today's was 'do dead bodies float?' Thank goodness my family knows about my macabre interests. Anyway, the results came back that a corpse in the water sinks as soon as water replaces air in the lungs and stays submerged until the decomposition process makes gases build up which bring it back up to the surface, a process that can take days or weeks. A corpse that lands in the water face first might remain on the surface because air is trapped in the lungs. The reason I searched this is because NG said her body was found face down at the bottom of the creek. I don't know her sources and since it isn't confirmed by an official source I am treating it as a possibility. We don't know what EK knew about dead bodies in water, but if I were to make a guess before I researched it, my guess would be bodies float, what is there to make a slight child get heavy enough to sink. If he thought like me, he wouldn't drive 25 miles, to avoid her turning up in local searches of water, for her then to be spotted on the surface by someone out walking or fishing. It's a bit of a long explanation, but I think he probably would have weighted her down to stop her being seen, as the aim was to keep her body and the evidence forever hidden. So getting back to the shed, I think he was probably turning stuff over in there, in the dark, looking for something heavy to attach to keep her submerged.

This indicates to me that LE knew about AW based on the way this article is worded. KW may have told them about AW right away but didn't have contact info so they issued amber alert and tracked him down. This doesn't indicate AW contacted LE but instead that LE showed up at his work.

'It said, "3-year-old Mariah Kay Woods' and I was like, what? Wait a minute. I sat there for a minute - I have a daughter named Mariah Kay Woods - that's my daughter. I was like, nah, couldn't be."'
He said he called his fiancee and asked her if she had heard it on the news. He said he found it weird that no one had called him.
Shortly after, he said, police showed up at his work to interview him and he cooperated, giving them all the information he had.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-says-mom-LYING-kidnapping.html#ixzz51EqnX4Tq

Yes, and HC said on NG that they showed up at AW's work because she contacted them and told them about AW being the father.

Something just occurred to me. Did LE ever verify AW's story that he only learned of Mariah's disappearance from the Amber Alert? Unless I missed something (which is a very strong possibility) the only person to say he wasn't contacted by KW or LW is AW.
I wouldn't expect LE to verify that. They haven't contradicted it, but I wouldn't expect them to do that publicly either. His account seems genuine to me.

I wish they would release the 911 call it would answer so many questions.

Hey, folks! I've been following the MW case closely, as I live a few counties away from the area. Stumbled across your forum searching for new info, and I've been reading the threads the last few days. I think it's great that there's a place dedicated to finding answers and justice for MW, as well as all of the others who have been lost. Finally decided to join and maybe take part in the discussions.
I've had a lot of time on my hands, as I've been staying with my grandmother who's been in the hospital, so I decided to dig into the case and those involved. I was able to find a couple things I haven't seen posted here so far, but of course I'm way behind and unsure what's allowed exactly.
I found a complete criminal history for EK listed on an online news page that seemed somewhat sketchy but stated it's source as Alamance County clerk of courts. I have the link if y'all are interested in that.
I also found FB profiles for both AW and HC that I found interesting but it's my understanding from what I've seen here that they aren't up for review. FB also has pages dedicated or relevant to the case and I've heard the same rumors about KW's history with AW, her location etc, but no sources of where those rumors came from, and I know that this is a place for facts and not conjecture. I don't know if these things are allowed to be discussed, though.
Please let me know if any of this can be useful and thanks for all you guys do to find peace and justice for those that can't speak for themselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper