GUILTY NC - Mebane, biracial Male Skeletal 437UMNC, 10-12, off I-40, Sep'98- Robert "Bobby" Adam Whitt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From an other thread a very interesting (Dutch) article about building facial reconstructions. ‘Toen ik aan de reconstructie van het Hollandse meisje werkte, was mijn dochter van die leeftijd’ | TROUW
Especially this part I find interesting:
There are four anthropological groups of skulls: Eurasian (white European, Middle East and Indian subcontinent), sub-Saharan African, Central East Asian (Asia outside the Indian subcontinent, Native American and Inuit) and Australasian (native Australian and Pacific Islands).
I guess the DNA speaks for it self, but could there be a possibility that this boy had Native American or inuit traits?

Last edited:
Guys... omg. My friend recognizes the boy as an unnamed boy in her family. I showed her the reconstruction and she freaked out. She stated the boy looked like a missing boy in her family who disappeared in April 1997. She doesn’t know his name, but when she asks her family doesn’t talk about it.

Guys... omg. My friend recognizes the boy as an unnamed boy in her family. I showed her the reconstruction and she freaked out. She stated the boy looked like a missing boy in her family who disappeared in April 1997. She doesn’t know his name, but when she asks her family doesn’t talk about it.
What?!

How do you know? Please divulge.

can she call it in? is the boy biracial white and Asian?

Wow! I see that all that is known about him is that he's asian/white with brown eyes, but there are a few questions for her concerning her unknown relative.
  • How old does she think he was when he went missing in 1997?
  • Where was he missing from or even where is her family generally from?
  • Was his disappearance a child abduction?
  • How was she in relation to him? If she finds out his name she may be able to report him as missing.
  • How or where does she recognize him? Like from seeing him from a family gathering or from a photograph.
  • Why does she suspect her family doesn't want to talk about him?
Concerning the last one. I have a friend that this doe reminds me of. His mother was Asian and his father was white. Since he lived with his mother it wasn't immediately obvious he was biracial. He never really knew his father and to my knowledge his mother didn't want to talk about him. I'm sure his father's family was aware of him, but like in TmmEye's friends case they might not know his name or have only seen photographs. I had a cousin like that as well that I never met although I did know his name since I asked a bunch of questions about who he was when I saw his picture in my grandmother's room.

They can't find photographs of him. He was 12 - 14 at the time. Its completely possible the child is 12+, considering cases like Marilee Bruzer and Milli Avarado

What I got out of my friend is that he left in April 1997 (circumstances unknown if it's abduction, etc.).

I searched through a couple missing persons sites (NamUs and Doe Network) and couldn't find anyone missing in April 1997 that fits his description.

Possibly he wasn't reported missing or the case file got dropped for what ever reason. Happens too often in cases of frequent runaways and wards of the state cases. Most recently with Elizabeth Lamotte. She was unreported missing in 1985 from a youth center and her family didn't realize she wasn't reported until 2017. He seems a bit young to be included in that category though.

There is such little info from the friend.

DNA helps Orange County identify 10-year-old boy found dead in 1998
For nearly 20 years, the identity of the young murder victim remained a mystery despite dogged efforts by the Orange County Sheriff's Office to solve the crime.

Now, with modern DNA technology, the case has finally been cracked, bringing long-awaited answers.

"With technology what it is today, crimes that have gone unsolved before are now ripe for resolution," Orange County Sheriff Charles Blackwood said.

Blackwood announced Tuesday morning that the young victim was Robert "Bobby" Adam Whitt. He was 10 years old.

Remains of murdered child found in Orange County in 1998 ID'd, officials say
Based on the information gathered from the family, investigators were able to determine "a strong possibility...that the child's mother had also been killed during the same time period."

An unidentified female matching the search criteria was located in Spartanburg County, South Carolina.

Officials contacted the sheriff's office there, and the DNA of the victims was compared. The two were confirmed to be mother and son, the sheriff's office said.

A suspect in the case is expected to be charged once jurisdictional issues are resolved, officials said.

The suspect is currently incarcerated in federal prison on unrelated charges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back