GUILTY NC - Mebane, biracial Male Skeletal 437UMNC, 10-12, off I-40, Sep'98- Robert "Bobby" Adam Whitt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
4655597_110918-wpvi-billboard-boy-bust-img.jpg

Boy Under the Billboard: Frank Bender's Last Case

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) --
Frank Bender was a famed forensic sculptor from Philadelphia, who helped crack countless cases that were seemingly unsolvable.

Though he passed away in 2011, there is still hope that his work may yet solve another mystery...

Scroll down in the article to read about this case.

Who killed a child known only as "The Boy Under the Billboard?"

4655597_110918-wpvi-billboard-boy-bust-img.jpg

Boy Under the Billboard: Frank Bender's Last Case

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) --
Frank Bender was a famed forensic sculptor from Philadelphia, who helped crack countless cases that were seemingly unsolvable.

Though he passed away in 2011, there is still hope that his work may yet solve another mystery...

Scroll down in the article to read about this case.

Who killed a child known only as "The Boy Under the Billboard?"
Moving article, hoping this boy will be identified soon!.
"Today, Detective Horne is on the verge of retirement and solving this case is his final goal with this final Bender bust his last best chance.

You can contact him at 919-245-2900

Meanwhile, Karen Mintz is working on a documentary about this case, and you can track its progress at DoesAnyoneKnowMyName.com"
doesanyoneknowmyname | THE BOY UNDER THE BILLBOARD
"The Boy Under the Billboard
On September 25, 1998, the remains of an unidentified 8 - 13 year-old boy were found under a billboard along Interstate Highway 85 near Mebane, North Carolina. The cause of death is unknown. Investigators have been trying to solve this cold case for nearly two decades. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children commissioned new DNA testing which has revealed that the boy lived the last 5 or so years of his life in one of 6 states in the southern United States: Texas, Alabama, South Carolina, Mississippi or Florida
Highway 85, Mebane, North Carolina

Approximately 10 years old,
but if Hispanic could be as old as 11-12
Approximately 4' 7" - 4' 11"
Approximately 80 lbs.
Dark brown, about 3" to 4" in length
tan shorts, tube socks and new size 3 sneakers"
bcaed5_3982fa617c684fd3bcc7c54ca9b49912.jpg

bcaed5_2e11449c999d4865acd44647bc22af2a.jpg

bcaed5_5d160c10a7804537a46351c6239a3985.jpg

Vital Statistics
*If you have any information about this case contact:
Lieutenant Tim Horne
Orange County Sheriff's Office
919 245-2900
You may remain anonymous.

Moving article, hoping this boy will be identified soon!.
"Today, Detective Horne is on the verge of retirement and solving this case is his final goal with this final Bender bust his last best chance.

You can contact him at 919-245-2900

Meanwhile, Karen Mintz is working on a documentary about this case, and you can track its progress at DoesAnyoneKnowMyName.com"
doesanyoneknowmyname | THE BOY UNDER THE BILLBOARD
"The Boy Under the Billboard
On September 25, 1998, the remains of an unidentified 8 - 13 year-old boy were found under a billboard along Interstate Highway 85 near Mebane, North Carolina. The cause of death is unknown. Investigators have been trying to solve this cold case for nearly two decades. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children commissioned new DNA testing which has revealed that the boy lived the last 5 or so years of his life in one of 6 states in the southern United States: Texas, Alabama, South Carolina, Mississippi or Florida
Highway 85, Mebane, North Carolina

Approximately 10 years old,
but if Hispanic could be as old as 11-12
Approximately 4' 7" - 4' 11"
Approximately 80 lbs.
Dark brown, about 3" to 4" in length
tan shorts, tube socks and new size 3 sneakers"
bcaed5_3982fa617c684fd3bcc7c54ca9b49912.jpg

bcaed5_2e11449c999d4865acd44647bc22af2a.jpg

bcaed5_5d160c10a7804537a46351c6239a3985.jpg

Vital Statistics
*If you have any information about this case contact:
Lieutenant Tim Horne
Orange County Sheriff's Office
919 245-2900
You may remain anonymous.

OT..there is hope...little girl in Europe found in a ditch after many, many years, identified, parents arrested. http://nieuwsnl.org/wereld/2018/06/14/259993-ouders-van-langs-franse-snelweg-dood-gevonden-kleuter-na-31-jaar-opgepakt.html

Parents death French girl after 31 years obsolete and arrested

Road workers found in August 1987 in a ditch along the A10 motorway, not far from the famous Castle of Chambord, the corpse of a girl wrapped in a blanket. She was according to researchers between three and five years old and only a few hours before she was found deceased. Her body showed numerous signs of earlier injuries, fractures and burns. The police therefore that she is mistreated very serious for years and that they will in the long run to has succumbed.

The French police and numerous media and institutions have more than once taken a futile search for family. The girl is buried as the unknown of the A10. The police brought her DNA. at the end of last year, accidently, in connection with an arrestee, which is suspected her brother. That has, after some months of detective work Tuesday North of Paris, led to the arrest of the parents.

They <the parents> come today to court. It seems the mystery of ' the little martyr of the A10 ' cleared up.

Hoping for this little one, he will finally get a name and honor...

To determine what Mebane Child's parents look like, I did some research to try to find their hair & eye colors. We know the Mother is East Asian, and the father is Caucasian.

Mother:
Race - Asian
Hair Color - Brown
Eye Color - Green or Brown

Father:
Race - Caucasian
Hair Color -
Eye Color - Green, Hazel, or Blue

This is all due to research, I did not work on DNA

To determine what Mebane Child's parents look like, I did some research to try to find their hair & eye colors. We know the Mother is East Asian, and the father is Caucasian.

Mother:
Race - Asian
Hair Color - Brown
Eye Color - Green or Brown

Father:
Race - Caucasian
Hair Color -
Eye Color - Green, Hazel, or Blue

This is all due to research, I did not work on DNA

I have gathered my thoughts - what if I could use this kind of stuff to identify children? I can create trees, and use genetics to identify them. I'm not sure, but I think "Chenealogy" would be a great idea.

78C2D266-549D-4EA6-A3C1-592683C6FB05.jpeg
*Update*

John’s genes from Parabon Testing & examination are being used to start determining his family’s generations, starting with his parents. There will also be a reconstruction of them too for each member.

View attachment 158089
*Update*

John's genes from Parabon Testing & examination have been successfully analyzed. I have successfully created composite images of the parents. You can see the images at this link: John Mebane Doe
Thanks !
"Progress
As of 12/2/18, John's genetic eye color (AA BB) has been analyzed to determine what his parents looked like, and many more generations to come. Digital composites of his parents are below."

The next step is to get the word out about John. If we can find possible relatives, hopefully parents, I can do gene comparison. To confirm it, the PD would probably do DNA Testing.

The next step is to get the word out about John. If we can find possible relatives, hopefully parents, I can do gene comparison. To confirm it, the PD would probably do DNA Testing.

I'm not sure I understand. How does knowing his parents possible eye color help find them? We are not allowed to sleuth family members of missing persons here. Unless Mebane John Doe has officially been reported missing AND his parents have been very vocal in the press and doing video interviews in recent years, we have no way to find out their eye color (or even their racial make up). And if the child is not missing we are not allowed to go sleuthing random couples who happen to be the right age/eye color/race. Then there are the issues of his parents may not be alive anymore or may not be together as a couple or may have never had a known public relationship at all. I think what you are doing is really intriguing and I want to know more. I'm just not quite sure how it will help solve this case. Sorry to be so dense. I hope you don't think I'm being rude. I'm just confused on the goals of your research. I would like to know more. Thanks.

I'm not sure I understand. How does knowing his parents possible eye color help find them? We are not allowed to sleuth family members of missing persons here. Unless Mebane John Doe has officially been reported missing AND his parents have been very vocal in the press and doing video interviews in recent years, we have no way to find out their eye color (or even their racial make up). And if the child is not missing we are not allowed to go sleuthing random couples who happen to be the right age/eye color/race. Then there are the issues of his parents may not be alive anymore or may not be together as a couple or may have never had a known public relationship at all. I think what you are doing is really intriguing and I want to know more. I'm just not quite sure how it will help solve this case. Sorry to be so dense. I hope you don't think I'm being rude. I'm just confused on the goals of your research. I would like to know more. Thanks.

Eye color provides a genetic equation. John’s parents’ to him create an equation. If the equation matches possible families, it would be successful.

Eye color provides a genetic equation. John’s parents’ to him create an equation. If the equation matches possible families, it would be successful.

So... how do you plan to find those families? It's not as if there is a database of everyone's parents' eye color. Sorry, I'm really trying to understand. :confused:

East Asia is big, very big....Looking at the recon of the mother she doesn't look to have typical Chinese eyes nor Japanese eyes. I found this interesting article about the difference between Chinese and Japanese eyes, but to me it feels like an needle in a haystack. For sure is that this boy is not Hispanic as they first thought was a possibility. Japanese Eyes vs. Chinese Eyes - What's the difference? | Diffzi.com

So... how do you plan to find those families? It's not as if there is a database of everyone's parents' eye color. Sorry, I'm really trying to understand. :confused:

The next step is to get Mebane Child’s info out to the public.

There are quite a few children in the US who are the offspring of one Asian parent or grandparent and one US military parent or grandparent who was stationed in Asia. Famous examples: baseball player Johnny Damon (Thai), golfers Tiger Woods (Thai) and Ricky Fowler (Japanese), Bruno Mars (Filipino), Rob Schneider (Filipino), etc.

So maybe looking in areas around military bases in the part of the country indicated by isotopes might yeild something?

East Asia is big, very big....Looking at the recon of the mother she doesn't look to have typical Chinese eyes nor Japanese eyes. I found this interesting article about the difference between Chinese and Japanese eyes, but to me it feels like an needle in a haystack. For sure is that this boy is not Hispanic as they first thought was a possibility. Japanese Eyes vs. Chinese Eyes - What's the difference? | Diffzi.com
Fascinating! From his recon I find his eyes looking Korean.

I'm leaning toward Doe being Korean or Vietnamese by his eyes in his recon.

OT I had no idea Rob Schneider was Filipino!

Carbuff, I think you are on to something with the military bases in the isotope ranges.

The parental scenarios definitely could vary. One could be an absent parent. Could be a parental abduction like in Suzanne Sevakis's (except it was her step-father that abducted her). Her abduction wasn't reported by police even though her mother tried, and she was briefly in jail during the abduction. Could even be a parent's significant other that was the perpetrator of the crime or even both parents together. Does anyone know if the migrant worker theory is ruled out?

I just wanted to put this out there- Since it is now known he was biracial white/Asian. That might not be as easy an identifier as it may seem. He could have been living alone with the Asian parent and not apparently obvious he was bi-racial, or even a grandparent could have been of Asian heritage.

Is it possible the child was strangled with his shirt (although it was absent)?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back