NC - Paitin Fields, 5, raped & murdered, Pender County, 12 Nov 2017 *ARREST in 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another article regarding the arrest. Glad he was giving LE evidence.

"In March 2019, Prevatte pleaded guilty to unrelated charges of intimidating a witness, breaking and entering, larceny, and burning a building, the Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office said in the statement.

While Prevatte was jailed on those charges — for approximately 10 months — he was also charged with intimidating a witness and communicating threats, WWAY reports, as authorities alleged in an arrest warrant obtained by the outlet that he called his mother, Lisa Hunt, and threatened the lead investigator in Paitin's slaying.

Prevatte is now in custody again while he awaits his next court date. It is unclear whether he has retained an attorney who can speak on his behalf."

5-Year-Old Paitin Fields Was Raped and Strangled in 2017 — 4 Years Later, Her Uncle Is Named the Prime Suspect

Last edited:
Another article regarding the arrest. Glad he was giving LE evidence.

"In March 2019, Prevatte pleaded guilty to unrelated charges of intimidating a witness, breaking and entering, larceny, and burning a building, the Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office said in the statement.

While Prevatte was jailed on those charges — for approximately 10 months — he was also charged with intimidating a witness and communicating threats, WWAY reports, as authorities alleged in an arrest warrant obtained by the outlet that he called his mother, Lisa Hunt, and threatened the lead investigator in Paitin's slaying.

Prevatte is now in custody again while he awaits his next court date. It is unclear whether he has retained an attorney who can speak on his behalf."

5-Year-Old Paitin Fields Was Raped and Strangled in 2017 — 4 Years Later, Her Uncle Is Named the Prime Suspect

Thank you Ray of Hope. Paitin went too soon, she deserved so much care, comfort, hugs and love. Very sad the side of the family who should have had her best interests at heart, didn't. They weren't interested in his sickening case solved, because they already had the answer but they didn't speak up.

It was left to Paitins Aunt Ree Ree and the other side of the family. At last Justice will be served for that sweet little one and hopefully over time healing will begin for the family members who loved Paitin.

"Throughout the brief appearance, Prevatte turned around to look at the courtroom several times. At the end waving at loved ones and wiping away a tear as deputies led him out".

All he could do was wipe away a tear ! A tear, what, just a single tear? Not tears then.
I wonder if cameras will be in Court when the case gets started?

@lonetraveler thanks for the report. I've just come in with the same one but luckily I noticed you'd done it.

"Throughout the brief appearance, Prevatte turned around to look at the courtroom several times. At the end waving at loved ones and wiping away a tear as deputies led him out".

All he could do was wipe away a tear ! A tear, what, just a single tear? Not tears then.
I wonder if cameras will be in Court when the case gets started?

@lonetraveler thanks for the report. I've just come in with the same one but luckily I noticed you'd done it.
The 'tear' comment burned me up. Any tears he is shedding is for himself. I can't believe how his sister (Paitin's mother) is supporting this man. :mad:

Long time away from this horror...
At least it's one less you-know-what that LE will have to handle -- Pender County is mostly rural --farming, etc. -- and not a "rich" county.

Is there any further news please? I'm outside USA and cannot access any newspapers.

Has anyone seen or heard any further information please?
No MSM found since the February ones we've already see.

I checked the Pender County Court site, and found the info below.

Found this -- assuming it is the David Prevatte we're wanting to see. "Prevatte" is a fairly common name in some areas of NC, including Pender County. The offenses below for the Superior Count date certainly look like the one were following.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
CourtCountyDefendantDate of
Birth
Court
Date
Court
Room
SessionCase
Number
Citation
Number
DistrictPENDERPREVATTE,DAVID,WESLEY11/1010/19/20220002AM21CR050625
DistrictPENDERPREVATTE,DAVID,WESLEY11/1010/19/20220002AM21CR050626
SuperiorPENDERPREVATTE,DAVID,WESLEY11/1011/18/2022001AAM22CRS050143
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source:
Calendars / District and Superior Court Query

No MSM found since the February ones we've already see.

I checked the Pender County Court site, and found the info below.

Found this -- assuming it is the David Prevatte we're wanting to see. "Prevatte" is a fairly common name in some areas of NC, including Pender County. The offenses below for the Superior Count date certainly look like the one were following.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
CourtCountyDefendantDate of
Birth
Court
Date
Court
Room
SessionCase
Number
Citation
Number
DistrictPENDERPREVATTE,DAVID,WESLEY11/1010/19/20220002AM21CR050625
DistrictPENDERPREVATTE,DAVID,WESLEY11/1010/19/20220002AM21CR050626
SuperiorPENDERPREVATTE,DAVID,WESLEY11/1011/18/2022001AAM22CRS050143
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source:
Calendars / District and Superior Court Query

Thank you borndem, with a middle name of Wesley it must be him. There again ...............

I just read the whole thread... I am so surprised it took 5 years to get an arrest!!

@borndem - what is the hearing on 11/18/22 about - i.e. pretrial, status, etc. ? and what time please. TIA! :)
Yes, I am following this case!

No idea Niner, I've followed this one from the start but theres never been much info from LE. Family weren't saying anything. There may be news coming out soon,

1667686775634.png

State will seek death penalty in 2017 rape, killing of Pender County child​

A man carried the limp body of his 5-year-old niece into the emergency room at Pender Memorial Hospital in mid-November 2017. She died three days later and her death was investigated as a homicide.

Her uncle, now 23-year-old David Wesley Prevatte -- the man who carried her into the emergency room -- was an initial suspect in her death. It took over four years for an arrest to be made, but Prevatte was arrested and charged with first-degree murder and first-degree statutory rape in February 2022 in connection with the death of the child, Paitin Fields.

Now, he could face the death penalty.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme