NC - Paitin Fields, 5, raped & murdered, Pender County, 12 Nov 2017 *ARREST in 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've heard both, boyfriend and step-grandfather and more but YKWIM

Could be that she is married and they are separated and she has a new boyfriend, too.

List of people involved with Paitin Fields:

Paitin was a member of the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina.
Father: Robert A. Fields is a member of the Lumbee Tribe of NC.
Mother: Lora Elizabeth Flowers
Maternal grandparents: Dale & Lisa Hunt
Paternal grandparents, Buddy & Jan Fields
Maternal uncle: David Prevatte (not a minor)
Pender County, Capt. James Rowell

http://www.starnewsonline.com/news/...death-of-pender-county-5-year-old-as-homicide

"The assault took place in 'a Watha home', Pender County Sheriff’s Capt. James Rowell said.

Rowell said the sheriff’s office did not release details about the incident for two days because the investigation was ongoing. He also said delays in public information are not abnormal in such cases."

For 2 days? If this happened on Monday, Nov. 13, 2017, on what date was the first news article published on the case? I haven't seen a story that is dated any earlier than Monday, November 20. That's a full week (7 days) after the assault, rape and strangulation occurred! Now, that indicates to me that the clock to release information did not start running until her actual death (on the 16th or 17th of November, depending on what you believe is fact). Even if the date of death is used to calculate a two-day delay in releasing information to the public, the math is still off. It was a three- to four-day delay. Let's not try to minimize anything here, any more than what has already been done.

On another note, I see that her date of death is now being reported as Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017. From the beginning, it was being consistently reported as Wed., Nov. 15, 2017 ("two days after she was admitted to the hospital"). Can we not get anything factual in this case? The obituary does state that she died on Nov. 16, 2017, and it was published in The Robesonian on Nov. 21-22, 2017. But all of the news outlets were reporting the date of death as Wed., Nov. 15, 2017. They had to be given that (false) information.

I am sorry if I come across as a raving lunatic, but the truth lies in facts. Facts should not lie. Instead of facts coming out in this case, it seems that the information is getting more muddled, distorted and concealed as this drags on.

(But, that's just my opinion!)

Oh, my gosh, lonetraveler! I can't believe the 911 call was released. And, you can actually understand what is being said!

And after I just posted a scathing rant.

Thank you!

In my initial playing of the call, the 911 call operator at the sheriff's office will not release CSS's phone number directly to the ER Nurse. The call operator tells the nurse that the Sheriff's Office will contact CSS and have CSS call the ER. Maybe that's "SOP", I don't know.

It really bothers me that we don't know how she got to the hospital.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For 2 days? If this happened on Monday, Nov. 13, 2017, on what date was the first news article published on the case? I haven't seen a story that is dated any earlier than Monday, November 20. That's a full week (7 days) after the assault, rape and strangulation occurred! Now, that indicates to me that the clock to release information did not start running until her actual death (on the 16th or 17th of November, depending on what you believe is fact). Even if the date of death is used to calculate a two-day delay in releasing information to the public, the math is still off. It was a three- to four-day delay. Let's not try to minimize anything here, any more than what has already been done.

On another note, I see that her date of death is now being reported as Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017. From the beginning, it was being consistently reported as Wed., Nov. 15, 2017 ("two days after she was admitted to the hospital"). Can we not get anything factual in this case? The obituary does state that she died on Nov. 16, 2017, and it was published in The Robesonian on Nov. 21-22, 2017. But all of the news outlets were reporting the date of death as Wed., Nov. 15, 2017. They had to be given that (false) information.

I am sorry if I come across as a raving lunatic, but the truth lies in facts. Facts should not lie. Instead of facts coming out in this case, it seems that the information is getting more muddled, distorted and concealed as this drags on.

I share your pain, facts on this case are far and rare.

I have asked for permission to post information about an arrest of one of the people in the home the night she was raped and strangled. Arrest was not in connection to the assault or murder. I'm waiting for permission.

It really bothers me that we don't know how she got to the hospital.

All I've been able to find out is that the grandmother "found" her in her room. No where, and I've been like a mad hound dog on this case, can I get any clarification on who took her to the hospital ER. I do know that no one called 911 until the nurse at the hospital called 911.

I’m very surprised they released the 911 call from an active investigation. They have not released the call for Mariah. Maybe because the suspect(s) made that call and for this one, it was a healthcare provider?

Maybe it was "leaked"?

A paternal aunt noted on her FB on 11/15 that God had called Paitin. I was almost positive I'd also seen the 15th on Paitin's mother's FB, but it appears she's now deactivated her account.

TRANSCRIPTION (by me)

911 Call to Pender County Sheriff's Office by ER Nurse at Pender Memorial Hospital [call is 2:27 min. long]

SO: Pender County Sheriff's Office

ER: Hi, this is [name redacted by me]. at the Emergency Room

SO: Yes ma'am.

ER: Uhhh, I need two things please.

SO: Yes, ma'am.

ER: I need the "On Call" number for Child Protective Services

SO: Uhhmmm . . . hang on a second.
I think we're just supposed to have them call you . . . we don't normally . . .

ER: That's perfectly fine as well

SO: What's the best number to reach you back at?

ER: [info beeped out by SO]

SO: And what's it in reference to? Is it an active case, or is ....?

ER: I have a 5-year-old who is now intubated and headed to Hanover [New Hanover Regional Medical Center] with unknown etiology in what looks -- strongly appears to be -- strangulation marks on her neck.

SO: Okay; and the second thing that you needed?

ER: New Hanover had told me to ask if this was gonna be a situation that local PD needed to come to New Hanover for, or if New Hanover would take care of it 'cause they're going to be in New Hanover?

SO: If it occurred in Pender County, it would need to be reported in Pender County. What was the address that it occurred at, or that they were brought in from, the home address?

ER: [House Number redacted by me] *** Blackwater Drive

SO: Okay I will go ahead and put this in. Do you want me to go ahead and have an officer contact you guys, or contact New Hanover?

ER: They can contact New Hanover and I can give you the number of the nurse that is going to be taking care, she gave me her direct line.

SO: Perfect. What's her name?

ER: [Beeped out by SO]

SO: Okay. All right. I'm gonna go ahead and call for CSS. I'll have them contact you, and then I will get our Deputy to contact New Hanover.

ER: Thank you so much.

SO: You're welcome.

ER: Bye

Just wondering where the outrage from this little community where she was raped and murdered may be hiding? 5 years old...when does that sink in for these people? I would be in the streets. These are the cases that make me wish I had a lightsaber and some wicked Jedi mind tricks. Or a wand. Or maybe some fangs and an aversion to the sun. The anger. The sadness. The wish to see justice and sometimes, just sometimes, revenge. I run out of words that are appropriate for a forum that doesn't allow profanity and must excuse myself. RIP.

BBM So, if there was no 911 call placed prior, can we conclude that she was taken to the hospital by one of the 3 adults in the home? Would it have to be someone who was able to consent to treatment? The 911 call from the nurse was at 5:43 a.m. which means Paitin had to have arrived earlier. The hospital was at least a 12-15 minute drive, so the earliest they would've let the home was 5:30ish (though likely a little earlier). By all accounts, Paitin was in kindergarten and the school start time is 7:45 a.m.. If she rode the bus, it would've picked up at 6:53 a.m.. I'm trying to think back to when my daughter was 5 and I don't know that I would've woke up her an hour and a half before the bus came. But we bathed at night and she was easy to get going in the morning. I just have a sick feeling that someone did hear something in the middle of the night and grandma was the one who took her to the hospital. MOO

User Information:

In the case of Fields, there was never a question of her whereabouts. On Nov. 13, medical staff at Pender Memorial Hospital notified the sheriff’s office of the 5-year-old, who was brought in with injuries consistent with an assault.
http://wncn.com/2017/12/08/new-info...nc-girl-who-died-after-being-strangled-raped/

All I've been able to find out is that the grandmother "found" her in her room. No where, and I've been like a mad hound dog on this case, can I get any clarification on who took her to the hospital ER. I do know that no one called 911 until the nurse at the hospital called 911.

Just wondering where the outrage from this little community where she was raped and murdered may be hiding? 5 years old...when does that sink in for these people? I would be in the streets. These are the cases that make me wish I had a lightsaber and some wicked Jedi mind tricks. Or a wand. Or maybe some fangs and an aversion to the sun. The anger. The sadness. The wish to see justice and sometimes, just sometimes, revenge. I run out of words that are appropriate for a forum that doesn't allow profanity and must excuse myself. RIP.

Same ache and outrage here -- how many defenseless but often still hopeful children have we seen who die a horrible death and then the outrage begins . Now Social Services finds out what this little human being had to endure. And why is it that the county/state social services dept. personnel always seem to be overworked, given too many cases, and often underpaid?

We can pave streets, deliver the mail, fix stop lights, and snowplow the neighborhoods quickly and well -- why can't we do the same with children in abusive and/or dangerous situations? Certainly I am not comparing a hurting, scared child with a light-bulb -- I am just saying that the budget money seems to be there for those things to be taken care of, and quickly -- so why can't it be the same with minor children who are in a very dangerous home? A qualified social worker with 8 or 9 or 10 clients rather than 30 would improve this situation greatly. A solid budget and oversight for a reliable, qualified and well-monitored foster care system is a must also.

Yes, the parents have rights, but so do the children -- it's just that some children can't yet talk, or they are afraid to talk; they have no way of avoiding what happens to them. How many of these cases does it take for things to change?

Still looking for an arrest/arrests! It's been one month..??!!!

I wonder where her parents are.

Dad seems to be heading the crusade for justice. That’s just what I’ve gathered while pursuing SM for any clues. Mom, in my opinion, doesn’t seem as distraught over it as I would imagine. I don’t know them or the relationship she had, it appears her Mom had custody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back