GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There's no new news. As far as PI or police the case is over unless there's a trial.

Anyone hear any updates? Did her autopsy come back yet? Anything further from the PI working the case?

There's no new news. As far as PI or police the case is over unless there's a trial.

I would hope that LE is now going back and re-interviewing witnesses now that they have their man. It's a whole different line of questions for witnesses when you're trying to determine who the perp is versus nailing down a known perp.

Why interview witnesses, police didn't interview NH for the year he was out

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Why interview witnesses, police didn't interview NH for the year he was out

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
And this is probably why most of us kept thinking he wasn't the suspect and looking at others! I don't know their motives, but I do wonder why they didn't question him more, or maybe legally they couldn't?

Anyone know anything about his public defender? Any experience handling capital cases? Don't want any problems on appeal if that were the way this case were to head.

No worries on that one. If this case is tried as a DP case -- which I doubt -- the prosecutors and the defenders must be Death Penalty certified to try the case. I don't know what one would have to undergo to be certified. That's why the prosecutor's office must announce early and formally their intention to try the case as a DP case.

And this is probably why most of us kept thinking he wasn't the suspect and looking at others! I don't know their motives, but I do wonder why they didn't question him more, or maybe legally they couldn't?
Of course they could not legally question him anymore.Once they arrested him for not registering his address he was assigned a public defender.The first words out of his lawyers mouth would be do not question my client anymore.As a matter of fact most states go even further.Once LE is made aware that someone has legal representation they can no longer question them.They must go thru their lawyer and I do not think their is a lawyer around that would be stupid enough to allow him to be questioned.

Actually the above is wrong. Nick had already pulled his time for not registering and was off parole, a free man. He was the only suspect ever in this case and they never even attempted to go after him

Actually the above is wrong. Nick had already pulled his time for not registering and was off parole, a free man. He was the only suspect ever in this case and they never even attempted to go after him

If, at any time, he invoked his right to remain silent or his right to counsel, then LE could not initiate any further contact with him at any time regarding the case. It doesn't matter if it was invoked during the pendency of the other charges or not. If those rights were invoked with regard to this case, LE was done. And I'd be fairly certain that his public defender in the other case advised him and LE that he was invoking his rights in Kelli's case. Nothing LE could do in the year since he was released.

It is also one of my concerns with the confession. Some defense counsel will argue that the PI was acting as an agent of LE and therefore, his contact/conversations/statements were inpermissibly obtained and inadmissible.

Nick was not originally arrested for anything to do with the Kelli Bordeaux case

Nick was interviewed several times after Kelli went missing and told them about dropping her off near her apartment the same story he told a number of times in media interviews. No lawyer was involved in regard to the questioning about Kelli otherwise he would have not been all over the media talking. The failure to register as a sex offender had absolutely nothing to do with the Kelli case.

Just because Nick hadn't been arrested didn't mean he wasn't a suspect in the case. In fact LE announced, multiple times, that he was the one who held more information. There was never any other suspect because Nick was the last one to be seen with Kelli and LE knew he wasn't being honest with them. His story stunk from the get-go; when I saw his TV interview it raised red flags for me. Whoever else LE may have questioned, was obviously ruled out. Nick could never be ruled out. I'm just glad he's behind bars, I'm glad KB's body was finally found and she has been given a proper burial.

Nick was not originally arrested for anything to do with the Kelli Bordeaux case

It doesn't matter if he was never arrested for any charges. As soon as someone invokes their rights, LE is done. I'd be 95% certain, at some point during all of these proceedings, he invoked those rights. If not, the lawyer he did have on the other charges failed at his job miserably.

He didn't because he did numerous interviews after police interviewed him.

He didn't because he did numerous interviews after police interviewed him.
Yes he did but they were all before the police arrested him for failing to register.As I said above once they arrested him he was assigned a lawyer and that was when the interviews stopped.No lawyer would allow it and would counsel their client to keep their mouth shut.That is why I also said a long time ago LE made a big mistake arresting him.As long as Nick allowed himself to be interviewed and not invoke his right to silence LE should have kept after him.If Nick ever did start refusing to cooperate LE could have arrested him then on the failure to register charge.

Nick was interviewed immediately about the Kelli case but was never arrested and then he went on the media interviews about Kelli. It was just after one of the interviews done at the bar they arrested him for failing to register and being within 1000 feet where children were playing. So after that arrest a person from a local search group actually went to the jail and interviewed Nick and he freely talked. This doesn't sound like someone who had invoked their right to remain silent

I agree that if Nick had never been arrested for failing to register and allowed to remain free LE MAY have been able to accomplish more. However, after he had served his time and was off parole, he's a free man to be questioned about anything. If several people, not LR, interviewed him while he was in prison

In fact, several people, not LE, interviewed him while he was in prison

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dr_snuff