GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No way PI found the grave without Nick standing right with them

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Yes, reedus -- NC does have the death penalty, and it could be that the State dangles the no-DP carrot in exchange for a M1 LWOP plea.

The Death Penalty was imposed by a NC jury on April 3, 2014, on a 25-yr-old ~man~ who was found guilty of horrible crimes against a 4-yr-old little girl.

And yes, again, planning is a must for M1, "however short," and that, as you say, would do it.

This waiting, waiting, waiting is tuff for us, but we've been there & done it before, so we'll just get our chocolate & our beverage and sit back & do it again...
icon6.gif

Premeditation only takes a second,
IMO he had time to decided what to do from the time he lifted the shovel, until he murdered her.

You dont just hit someone with a shovel without first knowing where one is.

Nick is charged with 1st degree murder which requires the elements of deliberation and premeditation

Not saying he's lying but legally when he first confessed, body or no body, and especially if PI is on the phone with detective, law enforcement should have stepped in right then.

Something about the sequence of the way that happened bothers me...
Playing devils advocate, I thinking a lawyer might say his client NH did not do it, and that NH did not tell the PI where she was; instead the PI had found her all on his own, and having done so then coerced NH to confess....

Not saying he's lying but legally when he first confessed, body or no body, and especially if PI is on the phone with detective, law enforcement should have stepped in right then.

Maybe, maybe not. I was surprised they didn't when I first read it. But then, without a body, they'd still have a hard case to make. The decision was probably made that the PI had developed a rapport with NH and calling in LE would have caused him to clam up again so they decided to let it play out until the next day to see if it would lead to Kelli. They took advantage of the relationship the PI had with him because LE didn't and couldn't have the same relationship and they NEEDED Kelli, in more ways than one.

Playing devils advocate, I thinking a lawyer might say his client NH did not do it, and that NH did not tell the PI where she was; instead the PI had found her all on his own, and having done so then coerced NH to confess....

No worries. That will never play out. The PI just stumbled onto the body? No way in hell he finds the body without someone who knows where it is telling him. A defense attorney will never argue that. I imagine this will end up in a plea eventually anyways, taking the DP off the table. There simply is no defense that I can see.

Let's hope that the PI had a wire/tape recorder, etc., going at all times while he was with NH. That would nail his feet to the floor... fingers crossed. This guy has been around the block a few times, so I'm thinking positive on this...

Let's hope that the PI had a wire/tape recorder, etc., going at all times while he was with NH. That would nail his feet to the floor... fingers crossed. This guy has been around the block a few times, so I'm thinking positive on this...

I suspected that that is why the assistant or whoever was around at different times. Now there is at a minimum another witness that can testify about any statements made, even if they weren't recorded.

Don't count on recording

His arraignment has not happened yet, he's not answered the charges yet.

Anyone know anything about his public defender? Any experience handling capital cases? Don't want any problems on appeal if that were the way this case were to head.

I think he was assigned a private lawyer

I think he was assigned a private lawyer

Many public defenders are also private attorneys who agree to take on cases through the public defenders office as well. Any idea on their experience? Do we even have a name?

Many public defenders are also private attorneys who agree to take on cases through the public defenders office as well. Any idea on their experience? Do we even have a name?

I haven't heard a name, but here is an article about Mario McNeill, the convicted & sentenced-to-death murderer of Shaniya Davis, and it mentions the District Attorney who was a piece of flaming fire in the courtroom against McNeill.

It mentions the judge who was fair but was not giving the defense one dime, and it mentions the defense attorneys. We may well see some of these same folks again -- not because of the death penalty, but possibly because it involved the murder of a member of the armed services serving at nearby Ft. Bragg.

Just throwing this out here, since nothing else is happening -- yet. FWIW.

http://abc11.com/archive/9119913/

Some Private lawyers agree to work a public defender case say once a year at low state rate

Anyone hear any updates? Did her autopsy come back yet? Anything further from the PI working the case?

I haven't heard or read a thing. July 22, as far as I know, is still the next court date. Month away seems like forever right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back