GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
very good point about her putting his name in the text.

i don't see how that first text can be read any other way than her making an attempt to let someone know what was going on. i'd be interested in whether she texted this person because they had been texting all night or if she tried to think of the person most likely to be up and reading text messages at that point -- my point is it sounds to me like she was really hoping someone would call her while she was in the car with nh.

I believe she put his name in the text because it was someone who knew Nick or at least new of him by name. Isn't it easier to type a 4 letter name than "This guy" or "A friend" or "Someone"? Just my thoughts.

Also, I believe if she wanted someone to call her -anyone - she would have sent out more than one text. She would have sent out a mass text or multiple texts - even if just to say "Are you awake?" It was a Friday night - she's young - has friends her age - I'm sure she knew more than just one person who was awake at that time of the night.

so if NH didn't go back to the FB that night, then when is the next time he was actually seen? Can't LE give an approximate time frame to work with?? as far as where/how far out to search?

Kelli did get a ride to FB with Nick, right? So, if she was creeped out by his car or him, why get a ride back home with him?

I was thinking.. if NH sent that 2nd text, then he would have been able to access & read her previous text and he could have then concocted his 'she wanted to get out of the car here' story to align with the first text message she sent.

Yup, after that one article, I have fallen off the fence and believe NH did something to Kelli. Sure wish we had had some of this information earlier.

That article definitely puts a new slant on things and I totally believe NH is responsible. It definitely gave the impression that MB has been completely cleared by LE (perhaps was even seen by family w/in a window that would make it impossible for him to be responsible).

However, I still wish we knew what the context for the "Oh, well, ..." was. It could be that Nick had previously been unwilling to drive her home / had been pressuring her to go elsewhere with him (or to let him come home with her) / etc... Equally it could be that someone at the bar was bothering her or that she really wanted to get home for some other reason.

The fact that LE has been focusing on NH since day one suggests that the context isn't vindicating / doesn't point to another suspect (e.g., someone bothering her at the bar).

The fact that NH asked someone to lie for him about if he went back to the bar is interesting... Given his criminal record, however, it wouldn't shock me if he would manufacture an alibi even if innocent. That said, the fact he didn't go back to the bar could itself be telling. Would he normally have stayed later than he did that night? Were people expecting him to come back?

That article definitely puts a new slant on things and I totally believe NH is responsible. It definitely gave the impression that MB has been completely cleared by LE (perhaps was even seen by family w/in a window that would make it impossible for him to be responsible).

However, I still wish we knew what the context for the "Oh, well, ..." was. It could be that Nick had previously been unwilling to drive her home / had been pressuring her to go elsewhere with him (or to let him come home with her) / etc... Equally it could be that someone at the bar was bothering her or that she really wanted to get home for some other reason.

The fact that LE has been focusing on NH since day one suggests that the context isn't vindicating / doesn't point to another suspect (e.g., someone bothering her at the bar).

The fact that NH asked someone to lie for him about if he went back to the bar is interesting... Given his criminal record, however, it wouldn't shock me if he would manufacture an alibi even if innocent. That said, the fact he didn't go back to the bar could itself be telling. Would he normally have stayed later than he did that night? Were people expecting him to come back?

Get what you're saying on it all but regarding the alibi, I don't know. Asking someone to lie for you is something you do when you don't want your girlfriend to know you went out with your buddies. It's not something you ask someone to lie about for you when someone goes missing and there is a potential murder investigation. I get what you're saying, I just don't think it gets him off the hook that easy in a situation like this.

I still think there's the possibility that Holbert did not take her directly home. He could have said he had some place to show her and took her to a secluded location or even stopped at a friend's house - somewhere between the bar and Kelli's apt.

It's important to remember what Detective Locklear said in a Today show video last summer - "...the texts and calls Kelli made after leaving the bar, I think they weigh heavily on the events of that night and how she felt about what was going on and who she was with."

It sounds like there were multiple texts and calls in which Kelli expressed that she was uncomfortable about what was happening after they left the bar.

Nick normally stayed until closing and after - helping clean up and making sure staff exited safely. He wasn't always there that late though. Sometimes he wouldn't be there if some of the regulars that were well known by staff or a significant other of the staff was there to make sure they got out okay.

It could have been his personality sure - but his car was disgusting... I mean he was living out of it. Think about the stuff he had in there. It was filthy, unsanitary by any means, and smelled. That could have been one of the reasons she wanted out. Just my opinion.

I was thinking she wanted out ASAP because she didn't want him to try to kiss her. Like they were on a date? She didn't want him to know where she lived.
Anyone know where it was he picked her up?

I was thinking she wanted out ASAP because she didn't want him to try to kiss her. Like they were on a date? She didn't want him to know where she lived.
Anyone know where it was he picked her up?

I think it's possible you're right. NH tried to kiss her at some point and when she says no, one thing led to another, until being rejected just boiled up in NH.

Nick normally stayed until closing and after - helping clean up and making sure staff exited safely. He wasn't always there that late though. Sometimes he wouldn't be there if some of the regulars that were well known by staff or a significant other of the staff was there to make sure they got out okay.

BBM- was there some safety concern in relation to staff leaving safely?? Is there any chance someone followed NH and her?

BBM- was there some safety concern in relation to staff leaving safely?? Is there any chance someone followed NH and her?

No more of a safety concern than any other bar with female staff leaving the building alone at 2-3 am in the morning. It's not the worst area but its certainly not the best. Of course there is a chance he was followed, but how likely? Just my opinion but not a high one. The only part of the parking lot that was lit was the front of the building. Towards the road of the parking lot and sides of the building were not lit at all.

VOH910...Did you ever state your theory? I know that you were very hush, hush in the beginning (and quite amazingly accurate and deliberate in your words...like wicked professional).

VOH910--It has been a while since I have read this thread. I think I remember that at first you thought this would be quickly solved. Is my memory correct? What do you think now about what happened?

The release of that first text message is an eye opener on many levels to me. These are the things I thought of after reading it.

1.why did this person she was texting know about Nick and that she was with him but not her sister?(who she was close with)
2. was she in the car when she sent that text or was she in the process of leaving the bar? there have been plenty of times where I tell someone "I'm leaving now" or "Joe is driving me home now" but I was on my way to the car, not in the car.

If this was before she even got into the car with him, something could have happened right then. The moment they stepped outside. I don't think he'd be dumb enough to do something outside the actual front entrance of the bar. If there was a door(most bars/restaurants have a back door) he could have led her the back way and conveniently he was living in that area behind the bar.

Now if they really were in the car when she wrote that, then he must have been driving in the right direction. I don't believe that she would have stayed in the car knowing he was not driving the right way without texting whoever, secretly dialing 911, or even trying to take the wheel, roll out the car, etc. she was a trained soldier.

The last thing is maybe she was drugged, maybe the effects hadn't come in yet when she wrote that. I just don't believe that a trained soldier(no matter how short or tall) would have been kidnapped in a vehicle without fighting, even if it meant crashing the car.

The car has to be the crime scene right? he also had the weekend to clean it out since she wasn't reported missing until Monday. I think he had it all planned out, he obviously knew her husband as out of town and because he was out of town no one would know she was missing until Monday when she would have to go to work.

I don't understand why no charges have been brought against him. There have been plenty of cases where a person has been charged for a crime without their being a body. It's all circumstantial evidence sure, but it's evidence none the less. At least it will keep in behind bars a little longer so that the police can get him to talk.

:wagon: to Websleuths, chae3! Great post and we're glad to have you on Kelli's thread. :rocker:

The release of that first text message is an eye opener on many levels to me. These are the things I thought of after reading it.

1.why did this person she was texting know about Nick and that she was with him but not her sister?(who she was close with)
2. was she in the car when she sent that text or was she in the process of leaving the bar? there have been plenty of times where I tell someone "I'm leaving now" or "Joe is driving me home now" but I was on my way to the car, not in the car.

If this was before she even got into the car with him, something could have happened right then. The moment they stepped outside. I don't think he'd be dumb enough to do something outside the actual front entrance of the bar. If there was a door(most bars/restaurants have a back door) he could have led her the back way and conveniently he was living in that area behind the bar.

Now if they really were in the car when she wrote that, then he must have been driving in the right direction. I don't believe that she would have stayed in the car knowing he was not driving the right way without texting whoever, secretly dialing 911, or even trying to take the wheel, roll out the car, etc. she was a trained soldier.

The last thing is maybe she was drugged, maybe the effects hadn't come in yet when she wrote that. I just don't believe that a trained soldier(no matter how short or tall) would have been kidnapped in a vehicle without fighting, even if it meant crashing the car.

The car has to be the crime scene right? he also had the weekend to clean it out since she wasn't reported missing until Monday. I think he had it all planned out, he obviously knew her husband as out of town and because he was out of town no one would know she was missing until Monday when she would have to go to work.

I don't understand why no charges have been brought against him. There have been plenty of cases where a person has been charged for a crime without their being a body. It's all circumstantial evidence sure, but it's evidence none the less. At least it will keep in behind bars a little longer so that the police can get him to talk.

Welcome to websleuths Chae3! :Welcome1: Great first post!

Just to clarify I will paste the first text which was released below and the article from which it came.

snipped "The first message was sent at 12:46 a.m.

"Oh, well, Nick is driving me home now. I'm going to get out ASAP. Call me."

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/04/14/1247012?sac=fo.crime

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRANNYINVESTIGATES