GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure. I'm very surprised at the no reward. But then they may have a reason for doing that right now, such as they feel they already have their man.

The non vigil doesn't make sense to me at all.

The husband not at least speaking along with the rest of the family is so very confusing. I know they didn't want him speaking directly to the media at first, but after it came out that his alibi was solid, why would they still not being permitting him to speak? Just isn't making sense to me.

In MY Opinion Hubby has Lawyered UP!

all I can say is: the media (and family) have been very quiet since NH "turned himself in on unrelated charges" on Friday (abc 11 even editing their video interviews with NH and pulling the one interview right before he turned himself in)

In MY Opinion Hubby has Lawyered UP!

I disagree but that is just :moo:

the media is all over it anytime anyone lawyers up:twocents:

(it is also just my opinion that he has nothing to do with this):moo:

OT = another little girl 9 was snatched from her bed. How on earth does that happen? This is in Arizona.

very sad isnt it!
everyone should own a dog or two!
My kids all slept with a dog.
In new jersey we had a 2 story home bedrooms all upstairs not so easy to take a child from their beds but here in Florida everything is on one level and everything is at diff ends of the house. Our dogs let us know whos up whos comming home if someones at the doorr etc etc so get dogs!

A volunteer search-and-rescue team joined the search Saturday for a Fort Bragg soldier missing more than a week after she was last seen at a Fayetteville bar.

Pfc. Kelli Bordeaux was last seen early on April 14 leaving Froggy Bottoms on Ramsey Street in Fayetteville. Officials at Fort Bragg reported her missing to Fayetteville police two days later when she didn't show up for duty.

Since then, police have questioned those who might have seen her at the bar, and her family has made several pleas for information through the media. Both efforts continued Saturday.

Volunteers began the day at Bordeaux's apartment and searched, using cadaver dogs, many of the locations already covered by the Fayetteville Police Department.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/11009858/

True that NBee
but i think the smartest thing the husband of a missing wife should do is get a lawyer. guilty or innocent you need a lawyer to protect your rights.

JMO

I have to add i dont think hes involved either but i do think he needed a lawyer!

C.Hound,
My original post question; Thanks for help me try to find the answers to this.

I would also like to know where her car was found parked and in what condition.
I am under the impression that it was not at her apartment like we might expect if NH had picked her up and taken her to Froggy Bottoms.
I could be totally mistaken and if anyone can clear this up for me TYIA.
JMO

I think that VOH by not being able to answer that kind of answers that. LOL
It could be quite important to know if her car was found in another location because that could change the timeline, add suspects, etc...
JMO

I thought for sure there would be (by now)

1) a reward (even a crimestoppers reward for that matter)
2) a vigil
3) her husband speaking out

none of these have happened.

are they close to cracking this case? I am sure they are sharing things with the family that we do not know about...

:moo:

Only #1 above seems odd to me. I would've expected at least a reward from the military. Or one of the support units, don't you think? Hell, buddies pooling funds if the family couldn't raise any.

#2 doesn't surprise me after watching Kelli's brother Matt during his presser the other day. He strikes me as an action-oriented leader. He brooked no nonsense and kept on point. Perhaps a vigil seems like wasted effort when that time could be better spent distributing fliers and searching? Based on his delivery, he doesn't seem like one who'd encourage the others to stand around boo-hooing. And you don't need a big audience to send up prayers, do you?

I suspect he's trying to keep them all focused on actions. He wanted positivity and he seemed very capable of steering both family & the media in that direction single-handedly.

As for #3, my guts are telling me that someone very wise advised Hubby early on not to speak publicly. Whether that was his family, Kelli's, LE or an attorney, I don't know. But I think it very smart, whether he is involved or innocent. No matter what he'd say, it would be scrutinized to death, and even if someone were convicted of Kelli's abduction, you just know that some people would still think he was guilty 10 years later based on something that didn't ring 'just right' with we in the general public.

I love my own as much as all of you love your own, too, but after years reading these cases, you can be damn sure that I'd have a designated point person for all public statements in about 2 seconds flat if one of my own went missing. It's a damn trap for parents, spouses, friends to talk - period. You need someone exactly like Kelli's brother Matt out in front to do one thing, and one thing only - Get the family message out.

(I do recognize the irony in what I've written above, seeing as how I am sitting here hitting refresh over and over, but I happen to believe when it comes to family of the missing, 'less said the better' except for pleas for a safe return - via an intermediary thinking logically - not emotionally. That's my story and Imma stickin' to it.)

You know, it's really really bothering me that they are permitting the family to stay at Kelli's apartment. I realize that they brought in dogs and searched the apartment, but they could have missed things, like things that no one would or could have known that would be missing.

So, what does this tell us? That they are certain she made it home and when they walked the dogs through there was no hit so they just assumed she went back out? or what??

unless LE is holding the apartment on a warrant I would think the family is free to stay there (think Lisa Irwin case)

C.Hound,
My original post question; Thanks for help me try to find the answers to this.

I would also like to know where her car was found parked and in what condition.
I am under the impression that it was not at her apartment like we might expect if NH had picked her up and taken her to Froggy Bottoms.
I could be totally mistaken and if anyone can clear this up for me TYIA.
JMO

I think that VOH by not being able to answer that kind of answers that. LOL
It could be quite important to know if her car was found in another location because that could change the timeline, add suspects, etc...
JMO

ITA the car's location could play a pivotal role in this case. When I first read your post WideOpen, it stopped me in my tracks. What if NH really did drop Kelli off, and she ended up driving to meet up with someone else...maybe a person she was texting that night or the alleged male friend NH claimed to have seen her with when he first introduced himself to her at Froggy's a couple weeks prior to her going missing?

Yup. Yup. And another Yup.

Scootch over and make room for me on the beanbag chair, pls. See? It isn't just you MOO; it is my MOO, too.

Can someone please explain to me the value of a vigil? I kinda htink that if you believe in a higher being, more than likely they listen whether you're in a crowd or alone. ;)

Vigils are often about consoling ourselves, and each other, and many families just get more stressed out by them. It can be one more burden to participate in while you're concentrating on more active things - or too distraught to hug & shake hands in public, KWIM?

Vigils aren't really for the primary victims. They're for supporting each other. And quite often, some family would prefer to close ranks. Kelli's sister looked like she was barely hanging on the other day. If they family prefers to share this tragedy in private, then that's not a sign of lack of caring, but perhaps one of caring so deeply it can't be seen or shared in public.

Damned if they do; and damned if they don't. Victims.

You know, it's really really bothering me that they are permitting the family to stay at Kelli's apartment. I realize that they brought in dogs and searched the apartment, but they could have missed things, like things that no one would or could have known that would be missing.

So, what does this tell us? That they are certain she made it home and when they walked the dogs through there was no hit so they just assumed she went back out? or what??

The article is somewhat vague. Did they search the apartment again? Or, was it a convenient place to meet and setup before searching locations near the complex?

The article is somewhat vague. Did they search the apartment again? Or, was it a convenient place to meet and setup before searching locations near the complex?

We just don't know the answer. And as far as media goes, I'm not trusting very much of what's out there.

And as far as holding a vigil, I guess that would be up to the specific family, but nope, you don't need to do that to pray.

Wait a sec... added thunk:

• police quoted as having reason to believe Kelli is in danger
  • no reward posted
  • Bother Matt's conviction that Kelli is alive. I believe he specifically said, 'being held hostage'
  • maybe there was a $ demand?
  • which would explain why no reward has been offered
  • perhaps that is why police had reason to believe conclusively, and early on that Kelli is in danger

hmm. Possible. Not implying this might be the case, but it is a plausible scenario.

Must listen to wording in the family presser again.

• no reward posted
  • Bother Matt's conviction that Kelli is alive. I believe he specifically said, 'being held hostage'
  • perhaps that is why police had reason to believe conclusively, and early on that Kelli is in danger

hmm. Possible. Not implying this might be the case, but it is a plausible scenario.

You almost had me thinking on that one, but then why would they keep on doing waterway searches and other searches if a money demand had been made?

Based on what little we know about where they are searching, and reports that Kelli's phone last pinged closer to the bar than her apt, I am betting she didn't make it home.

Couple reasons for family to stay at the apartment:

• support each other in one place
  • expense as so many are from out of town
  • if it is a kidnapping, someone has to be there for phone calls
  • single point of contact place for LE to work with/communicate to the family
  • if Hubby not involved, family might be giving/receiving comfort with him, too
  • and lastly, but not least... I imagine several of them are wandering the apartment holding Kelli's possessions like talisman's of comfort. And more power to them for that.

I highly doubt that Kelli's family would be staying there for a minute if they thought it would negatively impact the investigation and finding Kelli. LE probably already gave them the 'all clear', as it might not have been the most likely crime scene.

I'm going to put faith in these folks that they're doing what makes the most sense.

• no reward posted

Sometimes the reward takes time to come forth. I hope we do see one sometime this week.

I think Matt is just like every family member in these type of situations and wants to cling to the belief someone is holding her and she will return home safely. While I understand his mindset..I do not believe it is going to turnout like Kelli's loved ones want.

LE has every reason to feel Kelli is or was in grave danger. It is not like her to disappear without a trace and not show up for duty.

Personally, I feel Kelli is deceased, and has been most likely shortly after she left the bar.

IMO

The tab of unpaid for drinks was $28. Also, the report said it was Nick and Kelli's combined tab.

I dont think Kellie would have walked out on a tab so it seems maybe Nick offered to pay the tab ,or was going to be allowed to work it off. He was interested in Kellie enough to offer to pay for her drinks. With Nicks name attached to the tab at all means he in some manner wanted his name on it.

I work in a bar and if you are running a tab of your own ,it is yours and for me to put another person on your tab ,I have to hear it out of your mouth and if two people are drinking on the same tab, I keep track of who drank what and I can split it in a second . Some People drinking think they are slick. Our tabs are hand written and tossed at the end of the night as well , I had thought the place I worked was the most out of date place ever ,but even we take CC's, Have security and working cameras .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892