GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been mulling over case possibilities and arrived back at - her phone. These days a cell phone seems to have almost become the next best evidence to DNA. From what we think we know - Kelli had her cell at the bar and probably used it often (in general) for texts and calls (although I guess we do not know that is a total fact). Anywho, I recall reading a post way back, plus saw the former boss friend interview where it was said that her phone "seemed to have been turned back on on Monday afternoon". In my thinking, I assumed LE found the phone and recharged it to check it. Thinking that it is likely as soon as she was reported missing her home was searched (and maybe the area just around it or possibly her car). That timing would work for mid afternoon for the cell turning back on.

All that said to toss out a couple questions....for anyone that my know the answer.
Has there been any report (LE or media) that KB's cell phone was found? And where?

Does anyone know the first date/time that law enforcement or military had contact with anyone at Froggys?

I believe that the cell phone location holds an answer. I would think that law enforcement already has all the data/information from the phone records. Anyone have further insight on her cell phone?

Have been mulling over case possibilities and arrived back at - her phone. These days a cell phone seems to have almost become the next best evidence to DNA. From what we think we know - Kelli had her cell at the bar and probably used it often (in general) for texts and calls (although I guess we do not know that is a total fact). Anywho, I recall reading a post way back, plus saw the former boss friend interview where it was said that her phone "seemed to have been turned back on on Monday afternoon". In my thinking, I assumed LE found the phone and recharged it to check it. Thinking that it is likely as soon as she was reported missing her home was searched (and maybe the area just around it or possibly her car). That timing would work for mid afternoon for the cell turning back on.

All that said to toss out a couple questions....for anyone that my know the answer.
Has there been any report (LE or media) that KB's cell phone was found? And where?

Does anyone know the first date/time that law enforcement or military had contact with anyone at Froggys?

I believe that the cell phone location holds an answer. I would think that law enforcement already has all the data/information from the phone records. Anyone have further insight on her cell phone?

Because her cell phone was turned off, and then back on, I believe that LE has her phone.

I think so too norest4thewicked. Just wish we knew where they found it (apt.,bar, parking lot, side of road, in NH's car, etc). I am thinking LE is using strategy related to the phone. It would just be nice to know that.

I would also like to know where her car was found parked and in what condition.
I am under the impression that it was not at her apartment like we might expect if NH had picked her up and taken her to Froggy Bottoms.
I could be totally mistaken and if anyone can clear this up for me TYIA.
JMO

I've never attached a file here so this is an experiment lol. If it doesn't take the first time, I'll attempt it again. For those who were asking about the two entrances to Kelli's apartment complex, here you can see it, it's a loop around the complex.
kelliapartments.jpg

Thanks for the direction to post #47. I saw that post, but didn't put two and two together when it was asked if they had any mutual friends on FB. I thought perhaps I had missed the mention of another girl being brought into this case.

All of that said... the girls all do look strikingly similar. However, that is such a desirable appearance. Blond hair, petite, pretty. I hate to sound stereotypical. I wonder how many girls would show up in a search if the characteristics were changed. How many women with brown hair and of average stature are missing in the same vicinity? Is anyone following me?

I hate to think there is a psycho on the loose snatching up pretty girls just based on their hair color and build.

Personal appearance was a big criteria in the girls that Ted Bundy murdered. I think that it probably happens more than we know.

I've never attached a file here so this is an experiment lol. If it doesn't take the first time, I'll attempt it again. For those who were asking about the two entrances to Kelli's apartment complex, here you can see it, it's a loop around the complex.
kelliapartments.jpg
Sorry I am not even going to try to attach a file last time I tried the mod had to clean up after me.My understanding is the entrance is where kings creek dr meets ramsey street.If you go to the below link and click on the related video on the right below the player that is where the interviewer says he dropped her off at.(let the first video finish loading before you click on the video to the right)

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8626014

Hi folks. I'm new to WS but have been following everything you guys have been saying since the beginning of this case. There are two things I would like to bring up that I don't believe have been mentioned.

1. It might be a possibility that NH and Kelli started going to froggy's around the same timeframe. I believe a while back VOH stated that NH had been going there for for around 3 months, give or take. Kelli has been at Bragg since Nov. That would be about 5 months and she likely didn't start going there right away. This could be meaningless. Is this coincidental or not? Take from it what you will.

2. Couldn't NH have sent the got home safely text from Kelli's phone to his own phone to try to make his story more believable? I can picture him telling LE that when she got out of the car to walk the rest of the way he told her to text that she made it home. We haven't heard yet who actually received that text.

These are just little details I thought about that hadn't been mentioned yet.

Hi folks. I'm new to WS but have been following everything you guys have been saying since the beginning of this case. There are two things I would like to bring up that I don't believe have been mentioned.

1. It might be a possibility that NH and Kelli started going to froggy's around the same timeframe. I believe a while back VOH stated that NH had been going there for for around 3 months, give or take. Kelli has been at Bragg since Nov. That would be about 5 months and she likely didn't start going there right away. This could be meaningless. Is this coincidental or not? Take from it what you will.

2. Couldn't NH have sent the got home safely text from Kelli's phone to his own phone to try to make his story more believable? I can picture him telling LE that when she got out of the car to walk the rest of the way he told her to text that she made it home. We haven't heard yet who actually received that text.

Great insight..I can't remember a suggestion that she may have supposed to have sent that message to his phone..makes sense...he could show it to LE and say "See? Here it is" etc...good thinking! Of course, LE knows that it doesn't mean she typed it herself at all..^i^

This is my current theory:

I believe NH was attracted to and interested in KB and had been for some period of time (maybe several weeks). While she didn't see him as a suitor and may not have previously picked up that type of vibe from him, I think he had some plans of his own, particularly when she allowed him to pick her up to go to the bar. I think perhaps he saw this as sort of a green light. Doesn't matter that she didn't think of him as any more than a "friend."

It would not surprise me if in HIS mind he was thinking of this as a date...or at least he wished it were so. His paying a lot of attention to what KB was doing at the bar, how she was spending her time, using her phone, texting, etc. He might have felt left out, maybe a little miffed, but he wanted her.

She probably was a little buzzed and as she was an outgoing/nice person she didn't feel any particular gut-level weirdness about him, not until it was too late to really do anything about it. She was already in his car, alone with him. Some people have a very strong fear instinct (cf. Gavin DeBecker's "The Gift of Fear") and some do not or do not pay close attention to it. However, that gut instinct is always right and is worth listening to. For whatever reason Kelli didn't get any particular danger sign prior to that evening.

I don't know if NH planned to hurt her or if it was something that just got out of hand (I'm leaning toward "got out of hand") but he wanted what he wanted and he wasn't going to take "no" for an answer.

I believe the rest is waiting for some forensic info to come back and then police to play hardball and get NH talking for real. Maybe cut a deal in which he won't get the DP if he discloses where her body is.

Anyway, my theory is of course subject to change, but that's what it is right now.

As for the text message, I said before I think it's a red herring and was created by whoever harmed KB to take the focus away from himself.

The police would be piecing together that timeline and factoring in the timing of the txt message. Say, 15 min to drive KB home, she goes inside, and one would expect that she would send a text to say she's home/safe before 30 min had elapsed from the time she left that bar.

IF that text message was sent later...say an hour or more after she left the bar, police would wonder why it took so long for her to communicate. And it would be suspicious... what was KB doing that took an hour for her to get home and text....

So the timing of that text message will maybe be another clue to it being a red herring (aside from the wording of the message itself and whoever she sent it to).

:wagon: Great 1st Post preeMom!

As for the text message, I said before I think it's a red herring and was created by whoever harmed KB to take the focus away from himself.

The police would be piecing together that timeline and factoring in the timing of the txt message. Say, 15 min to drive KB home, she goes inside, and one would expect that she would send a text to say she's home/safe before 30 min had elapsed from the time she left that bar.

IF that text message was sent later...say an hour or more after she left the bar, police would wonder why it took so long for her to communicate. And it would be suspicious... what was KB doing that took an hour for her to get home and text....

So the timing of that text message will maybe be another clue to it being a red herring (aside from the wording of the message itself and whoever she sent it to).
After you said that I was thinking maybe that is why he said he dropped her off so far from her apt. to make up that time.Then again maybe I am just thinking to much.

I believe NH was attracted to and interested in KB and had been for some period of time (maybe several weeks). While she didn't see him as a suitor and may not have previously picked up that type of vibe from him, I think he had some plans of his own, particularly when she allowed him to pick her up to go to the bar. I think perhaps he saw this as sort of a green light. Doesn't matter that she didn't think of him as any more than a "friend."

It would not surprise me if in HIS mind he was thinking of this as a date...or at least he wished it were so. His paying a lot of attention to what KB was doing at the bar, how she was spending her time, using her phone, texting, etc. He might have felt left out, maybe a little miffed, but he wanted her.

She probably was a little buzzed and as she was an outgoing/nice person she didn't feel any particular gut-level weirdness about him, not until it was too late to really do anything about it. She was already in his car, alone with him. Some people have a very strong fear instinct (cf. Gavin DeBecker's "The Gift of Fear") and some do not or do not pay close attention to it. However, that gut instinct is always right and is worth listening to. For whatever reason Kelli didn't get any particular danger sign prior to that evening.

I don't know if NH planned to hurt her or if it was something that just got out of hand (I'm leaning toward "got out of hand") but he wanted what he wanted and he wasn't going to take "no" for an answer.

I believe the rest is waiting for some forensic info to come back and then police to play hardball and get NH talking for real. Maybe cut a deal in which he won't get the DP if he discloses where her body is.

Anyway, my theory is of course subject to change, but that's what it is right now.

You and I have a very similar theory. Almost identical. Right down to the fact that he was paying attention to her on her phone and didnt like that she was interested in things other than him. I've been picturing this just as you stated.

My current theory also and I think she was a little more than a little buzzed at 100 lbs (Big if she had 4 shots and 4 beers) I'm also not convinced she was dropped off at the entrance NH has said. She may have fallen asleep in his car. JMO of course...

VOH,
If you have answered this before I apologize. But do you know how it was that Kelli ended up coming to Froggy's the first time. From what type bar I envision Froggy's to be, you don't usually just wander in and then become a "frequenter" working on becoming a "regular".

Did a "regular" or "frequenter" bring her to the bar initially? or did she go to a bar fundraiser perhaps, thus getting to know the other "regulars/frequenters" and felt at home in the atmosphere of it? TIA

Welcome to Websleuths preeMom!!! We're glad to have you here!! :)

(Great first post, by the way!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member