GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
VOH, were you told specifically to look for certain items, or just anything that stood out to those searching? I know you can't say what specifically, but, in general. Who organized this event?

We were supposed to be looking for specific items but our team leader neglected to tell us this. We found out from other groups later. Unfortunately. Each group had 50 people and they picked a team leader. Our team leader nominated himself and no one really objected. He seemed to be a take-charge kind of guy. But as I've said before, you never really know someone.

I am not Mia, but I can say the resources were unwisely used. It took way to long to get the search started, they overlapped areas, there was no organization of the event, and the team leaders (at least for our group) had no clue what they were doing.

I wonder if the family has been told about texas equusearch or other search groups that can come and assist them. The family has to make the contact.

DR. Drew and John Walsh both said the Nick knows what happened. In their opinion. They also said SO's never change.

BeachBlue - thanks for sharing both stories. You had a lot of first hand experience to offer and make us think.
Thank you.

Also, I can tell you being that I was on different sides from NH, I avoid doing alone or not on my cell phone. I always have made sure my family knows where I am at all times. Even when I was younger. Have have been joked for calling every night on my way home (at the wee hours of the mornings) just to let someone I was alone and on my way. Took the same route to every time, just in case (of a car accident by the point in my life).

But if I was on the NH side of the story I still would try to do as little as possible by myself as I could. Or Im sure I would still make sure I was accounted for by some means.
JMO

So no body found anything today?
I totally concur on they need to search the ponds/river and what about that ravene?

I was just going to post about TES.

Sounds like it's time for the family to contact Tim Miller of TES. He and his team are real pros at searches. But only the family can contact him to request his assistance.

Does anyone know if they tried to track her using dogs? Did they start at the bar and try and track her scent?

I have watched that presser a few times now, and just the wording that the Officer uses, I think NH has lawyered up. The fact he says he has not talked to him or lawyers....Makes me think someone has taken him on Pro Bono...

'bella, iirc one of the articles (I cannot remember which thread) said they searched around her apartment with dogs

I've read every post, but for the life of me I cannot recall if it has mentioned what time Kelli arrived at FB. Anyone know? TIA.

In looking at the map at "birds eye view" it appears this area can be rural and rugged, many many bodies of water.

VOH, are most areas covered with people come summer, camping, hiking, boating and the like. Or is it like here that there is so much vast openness that areas can go years with no man stepping foot within a mile of where your walking?

There is a girl missing here by me, I feel so helpless in where to search. There is just vast openness here for miles and miles and LE is not being very proactive. I feel in Kelli's case at least she is getting the media attention, and you have things to go on. IN our case, we have next to nothing. Needle in a haystack....:(

There are people that are big into hiking and camping here but I gather most stay to the beaten path. I prefer to blaze my own but I have only run into a handful of others here who do that. Does not mean there aren't more out there.

The problem is there is SO much ground to cover here.

I have to say that it was nice to see so many people out there today helping look for Kelli. I'm just praying that she is found soon and she can be reunited with her family. Think positive to make positive things happen is what I've always been told.

Does anyone know if they tried to track her using dogs? Did they start at the bar and try and track her scent?

I have watched that presser a few times now, and just the wording that the Officer uses, I think NH has lawyered up. The fact he says he has not talked to him or lawyers....Makes me think someone has taken him on Pro Bono...

I think so too. Did you hear John Walsh say the Nick is no longer cooperating with LE?

Yup. I happen to think it is a big leap/assumption to think that no one tried to contact Kelli that w/e. More than likely, several people tried to. We know her old Boss tried to. If the phone went straight to vmail, then it is likely the others (family) just thought she had her phone off for a bit. That wouldn't necessarily be cause for panic.

We don't know at all who tried to contact Kelli that w/e. Zip. Nada. And we don't know what reactions people might have had when Kelli didn't respond.

And I can't even begin to imagine how desperately saddened and worried some of the family might be now in hindsight.
That was part of my thinking.We do not know if her husband tried to call her also and just did not go into bloodhound mode when he could not get in touch with her right away.I do not know what her sisters facebook comment was but I am assuming she did not get overly concerned when she could get in touch with her and she knew she was going out drinking fri. night which I believe her husband did not.

There are a few others, as well... in case Tim Miller is tied up.

I know there is a K-9 search and rescue team actively tracking this case. The police brought them in. However, if there are other groups you recommend, please share and I will send them to Olivia.

NICHOLAS HOLBERT
Offender Number: 0815376
Inmate Status: INACTIVE
Probation/Parole/Post Release Status: INACTIVE
Race: WHITE
Ethnic Group: EUROPEAN/N.AM./AUSTR

Name(s) Of Record
Last Name: HOLBERT
Suffix
First Name: NICHOLAS
Middle Name
Name Type: COMMITTED

Most Recent Incarceration Summary

Incarceration Status: INACTIVE
Total Incarceration Term: 7 YEARS 3 MONTHS
Conviction Date: 09/15/2003
Projected Release Date: 07/12/2008
Primary Crime: CHILD ABUSE ISI (PRINCIPAL)
Primary Crime Type: FELON
Special Characteristics:
REGULAR Current Status: N/A
Admission Date: 09/17/2003
Admitting Location: WESTERN YI
Control Status: REGULAR POPULATION
Next Control Review: UNKNOWN
Custody Classification: MEDIUM
Next Custody Review: 10/01/2008
Current Location: CUMBERLAND COUNTY
Previous Location: COMBINED RECORDS
Last Movement : TERMINATED PAROLE
Last Movement Date: 04/08/2009
Escapes?: N

Most Recent Period of Incarceration Record

Sentence Number: BA-001
Commitment Type: INMATE
County Of Conviction: CUMBERLAND
Service Status: EXPIRED
Sentence Begin Date: 09/15/2003
Actual Release Date: 10/16/2004
Punishment Type: ACTIVE SS
Projected Release Date: 10/16/2004
Sentence Type 1: DEPT OF CORR DIV OF PRISONS
Minimum Term: 1 YEAR 8 MONTHS
Maximum Term: 2 YEARS

Commitment: INITIAL
Docket#: 02067590
Offense (Qualifier): INDECENT LIBERTY W/CHILD (PRINCIPAL)
Offense Date: 12/22/2002
Type: FELON
Sentencing Penalty Class Code: CLASS F

Sentence Number: BA-002
Sentence Begin Date: 10/16/2004
Actual Release Date: 06/13/2006
Punishment Type: ACTIVE SS
Projected Release Date: 06/13/2006
Minimum Term: 1 YEAR 8 MONTHS
Maximum Term: 2 YEARS

Commitment: CONSECUTIV TO SENTENCE NUMBER BA-001
Offense (Qualifier): INDECENT LIBERTY W/CHILD (PRINCIPAL)
Sentencing Penalty Class Code: CLASS F

Sentence Number: BA-003
Sentence Begin Date: 06/13/2006
Actual Release Date: 07/12/2008
Punishment Type: POST RELEASE
Projected Release Date: 07/12/2008
Sentence Type 3: POST REL REV SENTENCE
Minimum Term: 2 YEARS 1 MONTH
Maximum Term: 3 YEARS 3 MONTHS
Parole Begin Date: 07/12/2008
Parole End Date: 04/08/2009

Commitment: CONSECUTIV TO SENTENCE NUMBER BA-002
Offense (Qualifier): CHILD ABUSE ISI (PRINCIPAL)
Sentencing Penalty Class Code: CLASS E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads