GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal has concerts and the house of Blues!
So does disney!
There is always something going on in that area!

Sure there are concerts everywhere. Somehow my points seem to get lost as I brought this up and had thought that what I read originally indicated that Kelli's friend had been in town (meaning Fayetteville) but had gone somewhere without her Friday night because he had tickets to something.

I remember thinking at that time about why they had not gone together (since I thought he was visiting her from out of town). If you come to visit someone in their town, you'd think you'd get tickets for both yourself and the person you are visiting. :waitasec: It was that point that stuck me as being strange.

Like I said before, this was brushed over and not delved into but stuck out as strange when I read it.

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/missingpersons.aspx

Kelli is not pictured on the missing persons page on the Fayetteville Police Website.

On the unsolved homicide page, there seems to be mostly men listed and all the cases had the body found at at or nearby the crime scene. These murders took place in the 1980's, 90's and some 2000's.

These are some of the things I would like to ask Nick:

1. What exactly, made him think that Kelli was spooked?
Did she look outside his car (if so, in which direction) as if she had seen something.

3. What were her last words to him?
He wasn’t a taxi service, so she wouldn’t have just said “let me off here” and then exited (unless it was him that spooked her). She would probably have thanked him for driving her home / spending time with her playing pool etc., and said something like “that was fun evening, we will have to do it again”. Did they arrange to do it again? What were his last words to her?

2. Did she check her messages/send any messages after they left FB?

4. Most importantly - Did he go back to Froggys after he dropped her off? If so, how soon after?

Sure there are concerts everywhere. Somehow my points seem to get lost as I brought this up and had thought that what I read originally indicated that Kelli's friend had been in town (meaning Fayetteville) but had gone somewhere without her Friday night because he had tickets to something.

I remember thinking at that time about why they had not gone together (since I thought he was visiting her from out of town). If you come to visit someone in their town, you'd think you'd get tickets for both yourself and the person you are visiting. :waitasec: It was that point that stuck me as being strange.

Like I said before, this was brushed over and not delved into but stuck out as strange when I read it.

I may be wrong but I think he was in Fayetteville to see her the weekend
before.
The ticket he had was for a concert in Orlando. So he wasn't staying with
Kelli the weekend she went missing.

These are some of the things I would like to ask Nick:

1. What exactly, made him think that Kelli was spooked?
Did she look outside his car (if so, in which direction) as if she had seen something.

3. What were her last words to him?
He wasn’t a taxi service, so she wouldn’t have just said “let me off here” and then exited (unless it was him that spooked her). She would probably have thanked him for driving her home / spending time with her playing pool etc., and said something like “that was fun evening, we will have to do it again”. Did they arrange to do it again? What were his last words to her?

2. Did she check her messages/send any messages after they left FB?

4. Most importantly - Did he go back to Froggys after he dropped her off? If so, how soon after?

Regarding #1 above I wondered the same thing and always thought that
she had seen a person, a vehicle etc where she'd be walking to her apt.
Whoever it was I believe she knew them.
As far as checking/sending messages I don't believe we were told what
was said in depth.
I agree with what you've said regarding her being let out. I would have
said something along those lines too.
Only Nick knows the answer to what Kelli said when dropped off IF in fact
that is what went down.
Some say NH was back at the bar within 10 minutes and I think I've heard
that others say he didn't come back at all. So I guess someone is either
lying or got the times/days mixed up as to when they saw Nick walking
through the door.
So, I would have the same questions as you for Nick.

John B. may not be the person who received those texts on Friday night / Saturday morning from Kelli. But he said he'd been trying to reach her over the weekend - he talks so fast but I think he said her phone was dead but later his calls went directly to VM indicating the battery had been charged? Not sure how to interpret the phone stuff. I wonder how he ended up giving the interview in the first place? That alone makes me think he may at least think he knows more about Kelli's situation based on his relationship with her and her habits.

I swear there was more dialogue the first and second time I listened to JB's interview. More specific info about the texts he had sent her throughout the day - that she had answered the one he sent her on Friday morning (still in video) and then went on to say he texted her later that same day but never received an answer and that Kelli usually answers his texts within an hour, etc. (no longer in video). :waitasec:

Maybe I'm imagining things. But I think he seemed genuinely concerned and when he saw Kelli's FB page his concerns were confirmed. I don't think that he casually happened across the information - he was seeking out info about her whereabouts and wanting to know that she was alright.

I don't think they're an item, just friends. Not sure how that works with the younger generation after they are married but it doesn't mean there's anything automatically hinky there imo.

Thank you, hadn't got a chance to watch that. I have heard discussion on the interview though. Anybody immediately connected to her that hasn't given an interview? I wonder if she was dating others?

"John Buratti, Bordeaux’s friend, told The Daily the soldier had separated from her civilian husband of two years, Michael Bordeaux. He said Bordeaux was texting with a friend in Florida the night she was last seen.

“I know he texted her just before she disappeared,” Buratti said. The man in Florida told Buratti he “received [Bordeaux’s] message: ‘Got home safe.’ ”

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/04/20/042012-news-killgore-canal-1-3

It looks like JB spilled the beans about Kelli texting someone in FL. Perhaps part of LE's trip south was to question JB in more detail.

Sometimes the theory that something happened to Kelli at the bar creeps into my mind.

I'm not sure why the owner of Froggy's told LE that NH had returned to the bar about 10 mins after driving Kelli to her apt. The owner supposedly wasn't at Froggy's that night so he told LE that based on what the other patrons or NH himself had told him.

Also I read somewhere else that Kelli hadn't even been singing while at FB. What the heck, VOH said she was singing. Why would that little detail be a conflict? I don't get it.

Lately we heard that the time they left the bar, according to the texts, is off by 45 mins to an hour (time of texts is earlier), yet peeps at FB confirmed that the time of after 1AM sounded about right. Yet LE wants to know if anybody noticed anything that may have looked normal happening around midnight. I've been wondering if that could have been, for instance, someone loading something into the back of a vehicle. Very normal thing to do but not if it's a body. Remember we saw picks of LE holding a bag containing forensic samples that were taken from the Froggy van?

The only FB activity on Kelli's page that we heard about was a friend request or acceptance on April 14 from FB's female DJ.

Kelli supposedly drank four shots and four beers over six hours. Did Nick pick her up at 7PM? Seems kind of early to go to a bar on Friday night.

The whole evening seems off to me - how much fun would she be having there basically by herself. There's been reports that Nick was working as the bouncer that night but with just over 20 peeps there, that wouldn't be all too consuming. Still, I never had the impression that Nick and Kelli were at the bar together. I mean together together. Just the ride thing and they were friendly. The theory that they were on a date is bogus imo. Homeless guys don't date they just hang out like NH reportedly always did.

Yes, you are making total sense. Your post describes the way I've understood the way circumstances are/were.

What I've been wondering is if there is any possibility we could be wrong about those circumstances and that Kelli had been texting JB in FL and that 'J' remained in Fayetteville. Have the dates 'J' visited Kelli ever been confirmed? The reason I bring this up is because JB spoke to the media early on, obviously distressed over Kelli's missing status. That makes me think it may have been JB who Kelli had been in communication with Friday night because JB spoke about the early texts between them that Kelli had answered and then the later texts that Kelli had not answered to include the texts he had sent to her (now worried) over the weekend.

Somewhere I read that Kelli and 'J' went to Froggy's for the first time on April 1 but MB claims he went to FL on April 3 so how does that fit?

I wish VOH or somebody would have been more specific as to when Kelli first went to Froggy's and what it meant to be a 'frequenter', almost a regular. Because there's only 13 days from April 1 to April 13 (impressed?) so, how many times did Kelli go to Froggy's in less than two weeks? I never heard any one mention that she went to F's in March.

With the above in mind, when did 'J' arrive in Fay in the first place and on what date did they first go to Froggy's, play pool and meet NH? When did Kelli return to F's? Alone or with 'J' again? If they had gone to F's for the first time on April 6th or 7th, the first weekend after MB said he left for FL, then that's the weekend before Kelli disappeared which was early morning of April 14. 'J' could have still been in Fay as only one week had passed. :waitasec: When you break it down, we're not talking about alot of time for Kelli to have established relationships at or with Froggy's. Had she and 'J' gone there together more than once? Was she going in there by herself after work? :waitasec:

Another consideration is that maybe Kelli was alone on Friday night - no MB and no 'J'. She may have felt forlorn regarding her love life so she was texting JB in FL (an old friend whose shoulder she could lean on). Kelli, it's been said, was fedup with MB and now maybe 'J' had let her down if she was expecting him to be with her for the weekend. So maybe she decided to send 'J' the picture of herself as in I'm all dressed up to go out and you're not here. JB may be the friend who knows the ins and outs of both Kelli's relationships with both of these men since JB has known her for nine years (I think he said).

I dont know why it is assumed that J and mike could not have both been in N.C a the same time. I might have missed that somewhere on the boards but what if the reason for J's visit was to give Mike a ride to pick up the new truck or help him move to back to flordia?

I believe their marriage had issues but I wouldnt veiw Kelly as forlorn. I wouldnt even veiw their issues any more serious then any other young couple who has not yet figured out how to live ,play , and pay together. I do think they would have worked this out.

What I would like to know is if she hit an ATM for cash and how much before going to the cash only bar. She would have gotten direct deposite so how much money did Kelli spend before she went missing?

Sometimes the theory that something happened to Kelli at the bar creeps into my mind.

I'm not sure why the owner of Froggy's told LE that NH had returned to the bar about 10 mins after driving Kelli to her apt. The owner supposedly wasn't at Froggy's that night so he told LE that based on what the other patrons or NH himself had told him.

Also I read somewhere else that Kelli hadn't even been singing while at FB. What the heck, VOH said she was singing. Why would that little detail be a conflict? I don't get it.

Lately we heard that the time they left the bar, according to the texts, is off by 45 mins to an hour (time of texts is earlier), yet peeps at FB confirmed that the time of after 1AM sounded about right. Yet LE wants to know if anybody noticed anything that may have looked normal happening around midnight. I've been wondering if that could have been, for instance, someone loading something into the back of a vehicle. Very normal thing to do but not if it's a body. Remember we saw picks of LE holding a bag containing forensic samples that were taken from the Froggy van?

The only FB activity on Kelli's page that we heard about was a friend request or acceptance on April 14 from FB's female DJ.

Kelli supposedly drank four shots and four beers over six hours. Did Nick pick her up at 7PM? Seems kind of early to go to a bar on Friday night.

The whole evening seems off to me - how much fun would she be having there basically by herself. There's been reports that Nick was working as the bouncer that night but with just over 20 peeps there, that wouldn't be all too consuming. Still, I never had the impression that Nick and Kelli were at the bar together. I mean together together. Just the ride thing and they were friendly. The theory that they were on a date is bogus imo. Homeless guys don't date they just hang out like NH reportedly always did.

I think timing at a bar can easily be off. Someones leaves and the next thing you see them come back. Feels like 10 minutes but it could actually be longer, 30 min, 60 min, especially when you are drinking and having fun. Bar patrons usually aren't clock watchers. DH's "leaving in 10 min." has sometimes evolved into 1-2 hours.

I really wish we had the exact time of the texts. (And what they were and who they were to!)

I dont know why it is assumed that J and mike could not have both been in N.C a the same time. I might have missed that somewhere on the boards but what if the reason for J's visit was to give Mike a ride to pick up the new truck or help him move to back to flordia?

I believe their marriage had issues but I wouldnt veiw Kelly as forlorn. I wouldnt even veiw their issues any more serious then any other young couple who has not yet figured out how to live ,play , and pay together. I do think they would have worked this out.

What I would like to know is if she hit an ATM for cash and how much before going to the cash only bar. She would have gotten direct deposite so how much money did Kelli spend before she went missing?

I had thought of the bolded above also. What if J's reason for being there was to take Mike back to Florida and mediate in the separation of Kelli & MB. Kelli could have asked J to help her move MB out. J would have been a guarantee to get MB packed and outta the house and back to FLA plus a physical safety net for Kelli.

I do not know if I agree that they were going to work the marriage out eventually. From the things I have read about Kelli she was trying to improve and better her life. Relationships should have healthy boundaries and for some reason I feel that MB was not living up to her expectations for a better life, all JMO!

Reportedly J and Mike have never met. Reportedly Mike didn't even know J lived down the road from him in FL. When brainstorming about Kelli's case, one can only go by what has been said; that includes conflicting and probably misguided information. We don't know for sure if any of the times, texts and leaving bar, are accurate.

Have no clue where you heard that J visited Kelli to assist Mike when, apparently, they don't even know each other. J reportedly is Kelli's longterm boyfriend prior to her marriage to Mike (I believe their two year anniversary would be coming up in July 2012). Therefore, they were experiencing a rough beginning to say the least.

Why do/would you believe this? Sounds as if their marriage was one big hot mess. Especially sounds as if MB has some growing up to do and he's the older of the two. And, if Kelli still had feelings for J, that would further complicate things if MB wasn't pulling his weight and/or being supportive of Kelli while she was trying to do so. Please read my post again as I propose that, 'IF' Kelly had been forlorn; none of my posts are meant to convey the KNOWN truth (unless there's a link or the known truth has been backed up by facts). Neither I, nor you, really know - do we?

That said, I try to use my imagination by going back in my own life and remember how I felt when my love life was out of kilter - how large it seemed at the time and how I would act out of emotion sometimes versus using my better judgment. Kelli is/was only 23. Now, that seems a very young age, not dumb but not too much life experience under one's belt yet - especially for a woman when it comes to men.

The information that I've heard is that Kelli had a debit card with her and there was an ATM machine in the bar. No info released regarding her usage or if she had cash on her. BUT, apparently, her bar bill of $28.+, remained on the UNPAID ticket holder at the end of the night. I forgot to add that important information imo to my 'could something have happened to Kelli in the bar' post. Why would she leave before paying the bar bill? Makes no sense. The bar did not keep the tickets covering the paid tabs, only the tickets covering unpaid tabs.

I had thought of the bolded above also. What if J's reason for being there was to take Mike back to Florida and mediate in the separation of Kelli & MB. Kelli could have asked J to help her move MB out. J would have been a guarantee to get MB packed and outta the house and back to FLA plus a physical safety net for Kelli.

I do not know if I agree that they were going to work the marriage out eventually. From the things I have read about Kelli she was trying to improve and better her life. Relationships should have healthy boundaries and for some reason I feel that MB was not living up to her expectations for a better life, all JMO!

Okay, if MB didn't want to end the marriage and Kelli used her former boyfriend to move MB's stuff out (what and dump it on his driveway?) that MIGHT really pizz MB off. Would Kelli be that brazen? I wonder how much of MB's stuff was at the apartment. Since he had been in FL already for two weeks (MB said since April 3), he may have brought most of his clothes to FL with him. The furniture and accessories are probably mostly Kelli's. She had only been there for four months so not alot of time to accumulate too much stuff.

BUTcould MB, after buying his car earlier that month, have decided to return to Fayetteville to get the rest of his stuff (or hoping to return/work things out) and something said during their 3PM phone call prompted him to make the drive without Kelli's knowledge? MB could have surprised her when she was dropped off and things could have gotten ugly between them at that time.

I think timing at a bar can easily be off. Someones leaves and the next thing you see them come back. Feels like 10 minutes but it could actually be longer, 30 min, 60 min, especially when you are drinking and having fun. Bar patrons usually aren't clock watchers. DH's "leaving in 10 min." has sometimes evolved into 1-2 hours.

I really wish we had the exact time of the texts. (And what they were and who they were to!)

True but considering there were only 20+ patrons there that night and they were being asked to think hard about the facts considering there is a missing woman to be considered, I hope someone would be able to narrow it down a bit. The place closed at 2AM which would make it easier imo to pin down the time that peeps began to beat feet out of there. The regulars all know NH so they should be able to remember if he returned or not prior to the place closing. There are a couple possibilities - SC could have covered for NH or been told the wrong information by someone who was there that night or it could be true that Nick returned. No official word about that that I know of. To your point though - I agree that if it had been a crowded setting and if someone left around 10:30-12AM, it would be much harder to pin the time down. Peeps would probably not be paying much attention to when someone else left unless a big point was made by the person or someone else when they left.

Keep in mind, the info that NH returned to the bar reportedly comes from second hand information - hearsay. We don't know what info LE gathered when they interviewed the people who were in the bar that night. LE could have gathered conflicting info for all we know.

Le has the benefit of knowing the exact info on the text messages,NH story,MB alibi and what the witnesses at FB have said.With all of this info they have never appealed for a witness that saw NH drop her off(they have not even released the time and place he claims to have dropped her off in hopes a witness would come forward).Never appealed for a witness that saw her walking to her apartment after NH dropped her off or of her outside her apartment after she was dropped off.Never treated her apartment as a possible crime scene.If LE believe NH story these are the things they would be doing.Instead they are looking for a witness that saw something on Ramsey St. at 12 oclock a hour and a half before NH has claimed they even left the bar.I do not believe LE is looking for some mystery person lurking on ramsey st. since the most important witness would be someone who saw this mystery person at the time and place NH said he dropped her off,walking to her apartment or in it.They are looking for this 12 oclock witness because that is the time they have that anyone besides NH saw her alive leaving the bar.

Makes sense.
This case is driving me crazy. I want it to be solved so badly and can't help myself from checking to see if there is any new real information that has been released that could lead to an arrest or charges.

Otherwise, no body - no proof?

About LE looking for info around midnight on Ramsey Street. The detective said something about if anybody saw something that looked normal to them but would mean something to him. The detective didn't ask if anybody saw Kelli leaving the bar or walking or anything like that. I mean, if some good person did see her, that's a no brainer to tell LE, 'hey, I saw that girl on Friday around midnight'. imo LE wants more than that which is why I think they're looking for trunk loading, digging, a couple involved in an altercation, someone lurking outside of Froggy's, someone dumping something, etc.

One thing though, the detective's request for information does seem to move the timeline up from past 1:15AM to an earlier 12AM timeframe. I wonder why and I wonder why some of the Froggy peeps claim that NH left the bar with Kelli at the later time. :waitasec:

Actually, I'm not sure I understand phantom's point.

VOH, who posted here earlier and is a verified local, claims that the Froggy peeps agreed that NH left the bar some time after 1AM in the morning. They seemed to have no issues with that timeframe. So there would be witnesses that Kelli was alive past midnight. :waitasec:

Also, VOH seemed certain about who had entered or gone out of the bar at the later time of beyond 1:15AM and said that no one had - just NH driving Kelli at that later time.

maybe she is still alive and for her own saftey, she doesn't want to be found?

What makes you think this? Hi and welcome by the way.
Her family seemed adamant that Kelli would not simply disappear and throw her family life/career away. What would be threatening her that she couldn't report to her family, LE the Army, etc.? I just don't see it or understand what would motivate her to suddenly shut her life down.

Here we go again with another McStay family mystery.

anyone ever thought that maybe she is alive and that in order to keep herself safe, she does not want to be found?

No. Least likely scenario but best hoped for. :banghead:

maybe she is still alive and for her own saftey, she doesn't want to be found?

What makes you think this? Hi and welcome by the way.
Her family seemed adamant that Kelli would not simply disappear and throw her family life/career away. What would be threatening her that she couldn't report to her family, LE the Army, etc.? I just don't see it or understand what would motivate her to suddenly shut her life down.

Here we go again with another McStay family mystery.

Is this type of post known as a 'drive by'? That's what I'm naming it anyway. Either you know something or you have some other motive since you won't support your unlikely theory. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member