GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me sad that they didn't do any other pond searches other than the one by NH's old residence. I wish they would have checked the ponds around KB's apartment. It just bothers me to think that she could possibly be right there in a nearby pond and no one is looking. I think she is further away from there, but it doesn't hurt to check. It's possible.

I agree. There are so many places right around the area that somebody could hide something, a local would know the hiding places. In my brain, the only scenario that would result in her being outside of the immediate area would be if the assailant was from out of town.

It makes me sad that they didn't do any other pond searches other than the one by NH's old residence. I wish they would have checked the ponds around KB's apartment. It just bothers me to think that she could possibly be right there in a nearby pond and no one is looking. I think she is further away from there, but it doesn't hurt to check. It's possible.

I am pretty sure they did search the pond behind KB's apartment, twice IIRC. Sorry, no link but I do remember it pretty clearly.
But, I agree that more official searches should be done...I wonder if the volunteer searches are getting info from LE on where to search.
We have LE working on this, many volunteers searching and the Black Ops working on finding KB...seems like we should be getting more info then we are. Frustrating!

It's amazing to me how human beings, especially grown adults, can disappear off the face of the earth with not a trace only to never be found. What's even more amazing is nine times out of ten, the perp isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch but yet is smart enough to only hide someone so that no one can find them, but cover their tracks enough so that not enough evidence leads to their involvement.

You would think LE would have the sophistication and technology by now that would provide them with better tools to aid them in locating these people but somehow that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't blame LE, they do a great job as it is.

Maybe one of these days everyone will become imbedded with a chip when they are born which will act as some sort of homing beacon. I don't know.

While the searches were volunteer searches, they are working with LE - the group of dogs who came in to search - they were called in by the police. They have not only searched the pond by Kelli's apartment but also other ponds in the area.

While the searches were volunteer searches, they are working with LE - the group of dogs who came in to search - they were called in by the police. They have not only searched the pond by Kelli's apartment but also other ponds in the area.

Thank you. Hopefully, something will break soon.

Thanks VOH, that is good to know. At least it eliminates some areas so searchers can look elsewhere. God Bless those searchers. They are working so hard.

There have been no dogs involved in the searches for the past 3 weeks.

I think there tends to be an assumption that if we don't see something and it hasn't been announced, then nothing must be happening and people must be shirking responsibilities and LE must be bumbling a case. That's not a valid assumption.

As we are learning from VOH, many areas have been searched, tools are being utilized, areas that we may not know about have been explored.

We are part of the public. The public is not privy to the inner workings of any investigation.

Just because we may not see activities doesn't mean they aren't happening, and it doesn't mean everyone has just decided to forget about the case and give up. Quiet =/= complacency.

Just checking in again. Everytime i come to this thread i breakdown. I have been on these types of sites for years. Never have i felt so affected. Kelli looks exactly like a Family member as i exprssed prior. My heart goes out to her Family who must miss her so. Prayers to the searchers for their hard work. Praying kelli comes home soon :rose: If i lived closer i would certainly be there searching.

Who knows if the 2 cases are related, with Kelli and Heather, but noticed these similarities. Both girls are from Florida. Both have tattoos that help identify them. Both have a significant other named Michael. They live about 5 miles away from each other. The boyfriend of Heather said she had a pill problem, so it could be an overdose, but no one , as far as I know, reported her missing, so who knows. I do not believe the Denika Jones case is related, sounds like they knew who did that right away.

The difference is though, in Kelli's case her body cannot be found whereas, in Heather's case her body was visible and found. She was seen on Thursday (by her boyfriend) and found on Sunday. It doesn't sound as if Heather was missing for long.
Also the fact that she had four children, none of them living with her, points to a woman with a drug problem. Her demise is probably connected to that problem in some way. I don't think Heather's death is connected to Kelli's disappearance.

http://fortbragg.patch.com/articles/heather-smith-s-death-leaves-friends-bewildered
This article is not about Kelli, but due to the close proximity, and questions surrounding her death(HNS), wanted to share. The 2 cases may be completely unrelated, but at this time we don't have any answers, so wanted to share.

Heather was about to get her children back the following week.
Poor girl - sounds as if she was trying hard to beat her addiction and had been making progress. Someone didn't want her to get her children back?

It's amazing to me how human beings, especially grown adults, can disappear off the face of the earth with not a trace only to never be found. What's even more amazing is nine times out of ten, the perp isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch but yet is smart enough to only hide someone so that no one can find them, but cover their tracks enough so that not enough evidence leads to their involvement.

You would think LE would have the sophistication and technology by now that would provide them with better tools to aid them in locating these people but somehow that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't blame LE, they do a great job as it is.

Maybe one of these days everyone will become imbedded with a chip when they are born which will act as some sort of homing beacon. I don't know.

People don't want that - chip idea - for various reasons. To me, it sure would solve a lot of problems. Logistics might be tough though - 7 billion (how many peeps are there in the world?) beacons illuminating the night.
It's sure is troubling when people just disappear.

Yesterday I noticed a 33 yo man was found in CO (gone since 2010) near a self made campsite. They think he succumbed to altitude sickness. Some things happen because of the choices we make but are logical. It's not a good idea to go off alone in many circumstances. His family had been worried sick about him all this time too.

Still, imo Kelli has been harmed by someone who doesn't want people to know what he did.

How long can NH be held in jail on his current charges? Months, years?
Are there set jail times for peeps picked up for violations based on not meeting conditions due to earlier crimes committed? I've not really heard of anybody being in jail before for not having car insurance (or something like that). The other charge is failing to update his address due to his RSO status. Since he is homeless, I guess he'll just have to stay in jail.

Casey Anthony was held in jail because she was awaiting trial. Many people, who are considered a threat to society are held in jail but they are pending criminal charges - oh, the law is so complicated.

And what about S, the bar owner? What's his societal status to date?

It is heartwarming to see that locals are continuing with searches. I certainly hope their efforts bare fruit.

Lots of empathy for KB's family and the horrific days they are going through - the not knowing, fearing the worst, hope for a miracle and waiting. I also imagine that the guilty one is going through some of those same feelings and waiting for their arrest for KB's case.
IMHO, someone who is a pedophile and decides to possibly assault or worse, may not have any issues with consciousness of guilt, that is, of course, if NH is the perpetrator. I think it could possibly be a psychopath at work if the region's series of homicides are connected if one considers the geographical and temporal similarities? But then again, each individual is different, so it wouldn't be fair to generalize the actual perpetrator as absent of having any moral compass. Just some fodder to ponder. I'm new, so stumbling my way through on my first try. Nice to meet such caring folks at this site.

Geez, I just want to know the who, why and where.
Hoping and praying tomorrow will be the day that perpetrator is apprehended for what they have done.

I think there tends to be an assumption that if we don't see something and it hasn't been announced, then nothing must be happening and people must be shirking responsibilities and LE must be bumbling a case. That's not a valid assumption.

As we are learning from VOH, many areas have been searched, tools are being utilized, areas that we may not know about have been explored.

We are part of the public. The public is not privy to the inner workings of any investigation.

Just because we may not see activities doesn't mean they aren't happening, and it doesn't mean everyone has just decided to forget about the case and give up. Quiet =/= complacency.

Absolutely, we didn't know about the investigators being down in Florida till after the fact.

When I see Kelli's thread on top, my heart jumps in hopes there has been new findings, evidence released or even an arrest. Without new evidence, it's unlikely the public can assist other than searching for physical evidence. :maddening:

How long can NH be held in jail on his current charges? Months, years?
Are there set jail times for peeps picked up for violations based on not meeting conditions due to earlier crimes committed? I've not really heard of anybody being in jail before for not having car insurance (or something like that). The other charge is failing to update his address due to his RSO status. Since he is homeless, I guess he'll just have to stay in jail.

Casey Anthony was held in jail because she was awaiting trial. Many people, who are considered a threat to society are held in jail but they are pending criminal charges - oh, the law is so complicated.

And what about S, the bar owner? What's his societal status to date?
Yes, since he can't meet his bail it looks like he'll be staying put until trial or until he pleads guilty to something.

As for possible sentences, I looked into it before and he's been charged with a Class 1 misdemeanor for not reporting his change of address and a Class H felony for living too close to a facility that cares for minors. So if the felony holds, my guess is that he'll get at least 8 months and probably at most 20 months for it, it depends on how his past conviction figures in. NC uses a point system you can see here:

http://www.mynorthcarolinadefenselawyer.com/criminal-charges/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member