GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing really new in the story, except that it's been awhile since I have seen any stories on local-ish news: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/11061338/

It's a summary of what's happened so far and a new interview with her mother, confirming she's left NC.

(I'm in Raleigh, about 90 minutes north of Fayetteville and I've been keeping an eye on our local news.)

It looks like they'll be doing a story on her tonight (?) on America's Most Wanted, too.

Where is VOH today? I am curious-- Do you still think this will be solved? I know it is still early but I would hate to see this go cold.

Been busy, but I've been reading. I just haven't had much to say.

I was thinking about the idea of someone followed them myself.
Does anyone know if there is a parking area with a view of the bar door where someone could have watched and waited until they left FB, then followed them?
I was thinking across Ramsey street from FB?
JMO

Actually, looking closer on the google earth view map (not sure what its called exactly) the bar parking lot looks big enough to have been hiding in plain sight waiting/watching

The bar parking lot is plausible if there was enough cars in it. If this theory was correct, someone waiting and following, the more likely event would be to sit in the adjacent parking lot ( a commercial building) that you must pass through in order to exit the Froggy's parking lot. You go out of Froggy's through a gate in a chain link fence (6' I believe) and go in front of the commercial building (which has parking in front and on the side opposite Froggys.) Then you pull out on to Ramsey.

But, if you felt like someone was following you, wouldn't the safer thing to do be to stay where you are if you're with someone else? Being asked to be let out of a car 1/4 mile from your apartment when you think there's someone following you seems unlikely.

Also, assuming that this DID happen and MB was the one following her, he'd either need to be in his newly-purchased car OR Kelli's car. At that point, too, if the problem was that she'd be seen with another man, what difference would it have made it NH dropped her off 1/4 mile from her apartment or directly in front of it? At that point, the damage would be done, right?

ETA: Also, her apartment is very close to FB. Isn't it just a matter of a two or three minute drive? Is it likely to think she was being followed AND perceived that within just a matter of a minute or two?

Of course, NH is the first person I suspect...
but, I can't shake this feeling that she may have noticed a light on in her spt. that she knew she wouldn't normally leave on...
I'm also conserned that MB said the apt. was exactly as she had left it...? How would he know how she left it, if he had been gone since the beginning of April...???
I really don't want to think that MB did this.... but, I can't get pass it either...!!
I wish the LE would clear him...!!

I thought that was because of the picture Kelli has taken herself. There may have been more pictures that were not shown.

Do they use metal detectors on the searches? Wooded areas are hard to search and metal dectors may be able to find phones (or pieces of them) and other small objects that could possibly get overlooked by human eyes.

I am looking at google maps and it says the distance from
froggy bottoms to meadowbrook is 0.8 miles total
3 min. to drive
walking is 16 minutes.
Kings Creek is 0.2 miles
Ramsey street is 0.6 miles

This is a young healthy female and I think she wouldnt think twice about walking this distance (even in flip flops).

JMO

I would have been scared to walk that far at 1:20 am when I was 23,though. But I was not a trained medic/soldier.

Here I go outta the box for a minute....if you will allow.

Mook...IIRC, you said something about Frat houses abutting Kelli's complex.
Since I don't really know what to think anymore, I wonder...is that an angle that should be explored...doesn't seem to leap out at me as super suspicious, but who knows I guess. Can you give me your impressions of those frats?

Then there's the homeless sub-culture in the area...we know the likes of one of them was an RSO, what are the stories of the others? Wonder if the homeless in this area have been known to dumpster dive? At night? Around Meadowbrook?

Then, there is the MB angle...which IMO, he could not have pulled off himself. But, he would have a key to their apartment, right? Could he have had someone in Fayetteville 'do the deed' for him? IMO, unlikely but more likely then MB driving up from FL and doing it himself.

And NH. I really think he is the most likely to have done it, but I can't shake some sort of irking doubt I have of that. I guess I am just surprised that if he did do it that he hasn't been charged with it yet (and she hasn't been found).

I really feel sympathy for all Kelli's family is going through. With the amount of passion I feel for this, and I never even knew Kelli, I can't imagine the questions, pain and heartache they must feel in every part of their beings. I so hope for Kelli to come home to her mom... but IMO there is a very real chance that maybe Kelli is home, but she is home with her Dad now.
May there be some comfort in that for the family.

And NH... I guess I am just surprised that if he did do it that he hasn't been charged with it yet (and she hasn't been found).

I've been wondering if maybe LE feels like since he's in jail that they can wait and continue to build their case and hopefully find Kelli before pressing charges. Does anyone know how long NH will be in jail if he doesn't post bond?

Do any of the locals have an idea of what these apartments are like at 1am on a Friday night? Would it be pretty quiet, or would there likely be people out and around? Would a confrontation in the parking lot go unnoticed?

I don't think a controlling abusive husband would allow their wife to join the military. She is surrounded by men. No way. Plus, it sounds like she wore the pants in the marriage. Also, "I would never lay a hand on her" doesn't sound like a quote that would come out of an abusers mouth. I think the subject would be avoided all together if that was the case.

JMO

From my personal experience abusive men are very good at putting up a "sparkling-I'm a good guy" front.

I'm just exploring the possibilities.
NH seems the logical perp but MB imo should be looked at carefully for many reasons and until I hear LE say he is cleared or has a solid alibi I will continue to consider the aspects which make him questionable.
I am even willing to consider a 3rd unknown perp.

One thought I had is that if Justin was the last person to receive the "got home safely" text and was as close to Kelli as has been reported why hasn't he came forward to speak out? Especially if he suspected it was the husband?

Sometimes it is not what is said but what is not being said.
JMO

Thank God for the LE and persons searching for Kelli. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Has this been posted yet?
NH was also charged with unlawfully on premises. Am I reading it correctly and it's a felony? Would it be related to his S.O. status and he was somewhere he shouldn't have been?

Name: HOLBERT, NICHOLAS MICHAEL
Booking ID: 150206
Date Arrested: April 20, 2012
Charge: F:UNLAWFUL ON PREMISE
Bond: $10,000.00
Race: White
Sex: Male
http://www.ccsonc.org/active_inmates/Inmates.aspx

JMO

One thought I had is that if Justin was the last person to receive the "got home safely" text and was as close to Kelli as has been reported why hasn't he came forward to speak out? Especially if he suspected it was the husband?

Is it possible that Justin HAS said something to LE who is keeping it private for now? If Justin has (or had) any romantic relationship with Kelli, it's possible that he feels like putting him in the public to speak out against MB would potentially be dangerous to himself? Just a thought.

I, unfortunately, ran across an article from what I now know to be a non-reliable source, so I'm sorry if I ever get my facts crossed or confused.

I've been wondering if maybe LE feels like since he's in jail that they can wait and continue to build their case and hopefully find Kelli before pressing charges. Does anyone know how long NH will be in jail if he doesn't post bond?

He's been charged with a Class 1 misdemeanor for not reporting his change of address and a Class H felony for living too close to a facility that cares for minors. So if the felony holds, my guess is that he'll get at least 8 months and probably at most 20 months for it, it depends on how his past conviction figures in. NC uses a point system you can see here:

http://www.mynorthcarolinadefenselawyer.com/criminal-charges/

He would know if he showed up at their apartment while she was 'out for the evening'.....then came back later and all looks the same. It's like saying, "I saw how everything looked (first hand) - maybe a slip-up? It certainly doesn't sound like something you would say if you had not been there in weeks.

Even if he didn't do something to her, it's an odd statement that only MB can clarify. (and her brother could just have been repeating what MB said to him.) JMHO.

I still believe it would be easy for LE or anyone who had that picture she took of herself to know if the bed had been slept in...they can easily compare the picture to the bed as it was when they entered, IMO ^i^^

JMO

From my personal experience abusive men are very good at putting up a "sparkling-I'm a good guy" front.

I'm just exploring the possibilities.
NH seems the logical perp but MB imo should be looked at carefully for many reasons and until I hear LE say he is cleared or has a solid alibi I will continue to consider the aspects which make him questionable.
I am even willing to consider a 3rd unknown perp.

Sometimes it is not what is said but what is not being said.
JMO

Thank God for the LE and persons searching for Kelli. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

I agree that LE should look at MB closely. I just feel like MB is probably one of the first alibi's that they would have checked out. The fact that we have heard nothing about LE's suspicion of MB makes me believe they don't think it's him. If that is the case, they should have reason. They have had 3 weeks to check all the details of MB's whereabouts that night. I would think that by now they would know if he is lying. The husband is always the first that LE looks at when their spouse goes missing. Its not easy for Mike to hide it if he was actually in NC that night. LE will know pretty quickly if this is the case.

I have a feeling with NH in jail they are compiling the evidence and information they have as they wait for DNA results. Once they have actual DNA results, they may press charges against a suspect. Hopefully Results will come back any day now. As I remember it took a month for LE to get the DNA results in the Sierra LaMar case.

I just want the guilty person charged for this and Kelli's family to find out the truth. I pray Kelli is found...

For the record, Mike's stepmom posted an entry on her blog asking people to support "Mikey" and his missing daughter in law...so she has spoken quasi publically...

Is it possible that Justin HAS said something to LE who is keeping it private for now? If Justin has (or had) any romantic relationship with Kelli, it's possible that he feels like putting him in the public to speak out against MB would potentially be dangerous to himself? Just a thought.

I, unfortunately, ran across an article from what I now know to be a non-reliable source, so I'm sorry if I ever get my facts crossed or confused.

It is reported, Justin had been the friend at FB whom NH claims to have met while playing pool upon first meeting Kelli. IMO, Justin would have picked up vibes or a perceived character from that meeting of NH.

I think Justin might have an opinion and was fairly involved from a distance.
He probably has much insight into the relationship between Kelli and her hubby and other things Kelli was going through in her life at that point in time.
JMO
all speculation

Has this been posted yet?
NH was also charged with unlawfully on premises. Am I reading it correctly and it's a felony? Would it be related to his S.O. status and he was somewhere he shouldn't have been?

Name: HOLBERT, NICHOLAS MICHAEL
Booking ID: 150206
Date Arrested: April 20, 2012
Charge: F:UNLAWFUL ON PREMISE
Bond: $10,000.00
Race: White
Sex: Male
http://www.ccsonc.org/active_inmates/Inmates.aspx

This is definitely a new charge. It wasn't there the last time I looked up his charges. Seems to me that LE has it in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000