Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Godspeed Raul. Another beautiful :angel: taken too soon.

When my son Cole was 3, we were visiting my mum in Terre Haute, Indiana. We went to a park on the banks of the Wabash River and I told my son not to go in the water. With that said, Cole jumped into the Wabash River and in a split second and without thinking I immediately jumped in and pulled him out.
Needless to say, my mum was mortified, not because Cole went for a quick dip, but the fact I jumped in because I had to save him. I could not believe how mad she was because some people off in the distance saw. Oh please woman!

A mom's instinct -- and knowing your little 3 y/o. I'm sure all parents here understand, and we're all glad you did jump in -- it only takes one good gulp of water and things get very iffy and terrifying for an ittiy-bitty human.
Bless U, U2! :)
---------------------------------------
On a different note, I just found out today that my cardio-pulmonary exercise therapist was down there in Laurinburg for several days as a certified member of the National Association Search & Rescue team. She was there even when they were draining the pond where the body was recovered. All she could do today was shake her head when she spoke of it. Now I'm SMH.

Well, now Raul is at peace as another little angel, of whom we have seen too, too many.

Hoping people will take a lesson from this case and from what U2 did for her sweet son. These situations do not all have to end badly. Vigilance and just being there can make such a big difference.

I don't get how Raul was allowed to run around outside in his PJ's and with bare feet. I'm not sure what the temperatures are in NC at this time of year but the thought of the little man running round with no coat and no shoes is just heartbreaking. If the family knew he was a wanderer why didn't they keep a closer eye on him? I don't get this. I'm not victim blaming here, but I don't get the thinking of letting a baby run around free and unsupervised.

Jenise Wright (allegedly assaulted & murdered by Gabriel Gaeta) also ran around the trailer park, but everyone there knew her and her family and knew where she lived. The park was a fairly close bunch of families but GG still took advantage of that trust -- and we're all hoping he'll pay the price. In spite of what happened to little Jenise, I think the situation around Raul was different somehow. SMH.

I don't understand allowing a small child to wander around...ever...without adult supervision. IMO, Raul was much too young to be on his own outside. I am heartbroken about what has happened to him.

I don't understand allowing a small child to wander around...ever...without adult supervision. IMO, Raul was much too young to be on his own outside. I am heartbroken about what has happened to him.

Little to late now isn't it.

Here's praying the system will for once be in the helpless, precious child's favour, and deadbeat loser parents who only care about themselves will for once see the light....
Then, I woke up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Autopsy results released for 4-year-old who went missing, later found in pond

The North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office has released the autopsy results for Raul Gonzalez Johnson, the 4-year-old who was found in a pond after having gone missing days earlier.

“The decedent was barefoot and wearing the same pajamas he was wearing when he was last seen alive,” the autopsy report stated. “Law enforcement investigation revealed no concern for foul play.”

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd
Back