Found Safe NC - River Boyd, 16, & Macayla Wallace, 14, Brunswick County, 3 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To my knowledge the car hasn't been recovered yet. Unless it's in a garage somewhere, which would indicate assistance, it should be found soon IMO public parking lot most likely.
Who is the owner of the vehicle, did they report it missing/stolen ?

if they were on the I95 South on-ramp at Hamer, SC going south, there is an abandoned motel and a gas station they could have ditched it at, on the NC side....right there at that on ramp/off-ramp that is the border of SC and NC... if they ditched it at South of The Border, I'm sure employees would have found it by now...but, on the SC side if they go a mile down the rode, there's an abandoned car dealership and further on there are abandoned buildings that once housed video poker halls. They could have ditched it there.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...e5dbcd7a2c66b1a3!8m2!3d34.497644!4d-79.309315

Going back to teenage brain leads me to think they would hold on to the car before they would dye hair. I have a feeling it wasn't them on the ramp. Also, has it been said why it is believed they are headed to Florida? If I'm not mistaken, that was the consensus before the alleged sighting.

Wouldn't a none Photoshoped picture(hers is obviously retouched) be better for a missing persons flier? Maybe a small physical flaw would bring these teens home.

Wouldn't a none Photoshoped picture(hers is obviously retouched) be better for a missing persons flier? Maybe a small physical flaw would bring these teens home.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The filtered photo is not going to look like her in real life.

Unless something spooked them and made them ditch the car? Paranoid they could be followed? The bags look full to me? Maybe the plan was to ditch the car somewhere and head in a different direction to throw people off. Young love can make you do crazy things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think she's probably just being 14 years old :) Not really thinking it through.

That's a relief. I hope all is well. I don't imagine we will ever know "the rest of the story" and that's OK. We don't have too many happy endings, so I'm glad for this one. Stay home kids!

I think we all knew they would be found and returned - I'm just surprised it took so long. And also surprised the Sheriff put such stock in the story that they were seen hitchhiking 50 miles from where they were last seen, with the girl having dyed her hair red, no less. Anyway, glad they've been located. Interesting comment on where they were found under Sheriff's article.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1623196064653232:0
7f396e8f9d74156870440a098e5cc4cd.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we all knew they would be found and returned - I'm just surprised it took so long. And also surprised the Sheriff put such stock in the story that they were seen hitchhiking 50 miles from where they were last seen, with the girl having dyed her hair red, no less. Anyway, glad they've been located. Interesting comment on where they were found under Sheriff's article.
BBM

The sheriff had to put stock in any tip they received. How would he know it was mistaken? If he ignored it, he'd be criticized too, and rightly so. The parents deserved LE's full attention to every lead and they got it. Good work LE, even if their efforts weren't necessarily what found these two.

BBM

The sheriff had to put stock in any tip they received. How would he know it was mistaken? If he ignored it, he'd be criticized too, and rightly so. The parents deserved LE's full attention to every lead and they got it. Good work LE, even if their efforts weren't necessarily what found these two.

They actually don't have to put stock in every tip - they can filter and think through the ones that seem real. Or, they could mention it as a possibility. I don't fault them at all in this investigation - they hopped on the trail, even though it was clear she left willingly and being together didn't violate any laws. Looking through the sheriff's facebook page, it looks like locating the missing is a high priority for them, which is good. I'm just curious why they took an eyewitness apparent sighting, that seemed so unlikely, so seriously.

I have a friend whose boyfriend "heavily influenced" her to travel. Since she was a minor, her mom had her tossed into Juvie purely as a safe haven from him until the family could come get her. Not saying this is the case here, as all situations are different. Just wanted to mention it. :cheers:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back