NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi simlyme

I have twitter and I do know people have followers and they follower others on twitter. You can also send a message, much like here, but it goes to your email IIRC. I have never been emailed as I have no followers and I don't know anyone and I don't really use it much. I get "tweets on my phone" it is just stuff people I follow, have to say. Like the weatherman, I follow him. LOL
So sorry it was Tumblr I found.

I am acquainted with a relative of Sara's and am told that she has no disabilities and to the contrary is quite brilliant. I'm not authorized to say more, but wanted to put an end to that speculation as it won't help find her.
Brilliant and working as a cashier at Walmart do not go hand in hand in my book..did she go to college? Was she going to classes to further her education? My impression of Sara from what I have read and saw was she was a very polite ,slightly shy easy going young lady who didn't show any type of rebellious traits.I emphasize "show" because we don't know what went on in Texas nor in NC behind closed doors. We don't know how her relationship was within her family.

She is only 18 and only just graduated high school. She just moved from TX and found a job right away. I will speculate that she was saving up money so she could buy her own car. I'd say she's a go getter.

The only people responsible for crimes are the perpetrators. Fences and CCTV everywhere is not the answer. Curbing the freedom of the innocent won't stop people committing crime.

To me this is part of the standard attitude that helps the problem at hand we have in society. You cant have freedom, when we do nothing to keep it as public safety as the goal( police , Fbi Cia. Dea should not be the end game for all things, they cant do it all, they need help too.). Self privacy Freedom above all is not being free. Freedom comes protection of those around you and your environment in many ways. It start with community and lead up to other things like police , Fbi, Dea etc.

Not just letting the land and everyone be free, but actual protection of these two elements. No, It wont stop crime out right but it will solve more than we have to today. Case's like this will get better results in arrest. We are giving everyone all this freedom and no good protection.. Why should someone have to call for it every time.

We don't know when our last breath going to be. Life is cold and we should want some one to be able to see it( our last breath). Freedom is help at all times. Why should some one have to pick up phone to do so .This young woman could not.!! .There many others who didn't this chance to do so,. If your calling that curbing someone's freedom.

I find it dis~hearting a lot are thinking of their wallet and personal privacy than of others human life and safety. Life is about give and take. But what are these community and land owners giving young women/men like this. Where is their freedom?, why should it just be on paper. This whole thing could have been prevented with a camera and some kind of fence. It may not have stopped it out right but we would have a better sight view of this evil event and many others clue to lead to this person or persons..

Freedom of attention and care not just freedom alone.. is a the best freedom of all. I don't care about all this attitude about some one watching you, and feeling some kind of way about it. I rather have someone watching me and care than none watching me at all. That has nothing to do with the evil in the hearts of men. but they would know those games cant be played as easy anymore.

This young woman deserved better. These kids today deserve better. This whole thing is just sad and some what preventable(deterred). Sorry to be off topic

A thought about why she might have chosen NC over CA: maybe she wanted to be around people of her Lumbee heritage.

Brilliant and working as a cashier at Walmart do not go hand in hand in my book..did she go to college? Was she going to classes to further her education? My impression of Sara from what I have read and saw was she was a very polite ,slightly shy easy going young lady who didn't show any type of rebellious traits.I emphasize "show" because we don't know what went on in Texas nor in NC behind closed doors. We don't know how her relationship was within her family.

Even brilliant 18-year-olds need to start somewhere to make a little cash. No one said she was interested in being a career Walmarter - just an 18-year-old girl making a bit of money.

I'm sorry you feel this way. High paying jobs for 18 year olds are scarce is rural NC. I know PhD's reduced to working at Walmart because that's the only job they could find. Intelligence and high paying career don't always go hand in hand.

I'm sorry you feel this way. High paying jobs for 18 year olds are scarce is rural NC. I know PhD's reduced to working at Walmart because that's the only job they could find. Intelligence and high paying career don't always go hand in hand.

Thank you. I didn't know how to react but glad someone said something like this.

She is only 18 and only just graduated high school. She just moved from TX and found a job right away. I will speculate that she was saving up money so she could buy her own car. I'd say she's a go getter.

I find it to her credit that she did work at Walmart. thank you for the positive post. So many kids don't want to work, just hang out and get $$$ from the parents. I think she probably was a smart girl and we don't what her plans were for the future. All we know at this point is the car was abandoned, and she is missing.

Many brilliant people run a register in my opinion, it can be for many reasons, small town with few jobs, a job while in college or during summer when school is out. My Niece ran a register for four years while getting her double Master's degrees, she now has a really good job and amazingly she will still put in a day on a weekend if they are short. Just saying, you cannot judge a person by what they do, it all depends on circumstances.

Also....I can understand your thoughts on CCTV, but....are you saying every open space, ranch, farm, wilderness area should have all ground covered by CCTV and be fenced? I cannot even imagine the undertaking and dollars this would take and its is just not feasible, if you have ever been to the wilderness its just too vast. IMHO

I would hope that private landowners would search their own property or give permission for searchers to do so when someone has gone missing in their vicinity.

As one astute poster in this thread previously observed: the "abandoned" Chevy Astro Van, found in a wheat field, had been carefully secured -- locked even -- but with no trace of Sara inside (except maybe her cellphone which had been turned off). Something is definitely rotten in Denmark.

As one astute poster in this thread previously observed: the "abandoned" Chevy Astro Van, found in a wheat field, had been carefully secured -- locked even -- but with no trace of Sara inside (except maybe her cellphone which had been turned off). Something is definitely rotten in Denmark.

I have not heard where they found her cell in the van, from what I have heard they found nothing in the van??? May I have a link for this please?
And Welcome to the forum....

I would hope that private landowners would search their own property or give permission for searchers to do so when someone has gone missing in their vicinity.
EmmaRose, thank you for bringing this up.

Alexwood, Welcome to the forum.

:welcome:

I have not read/heard anything about her cellphone being found...

I can see having been in Texas and California before, Sara wanting to settle with her Dad on the East Coast for all kinds of practical, grown up reasons, ambitious reasons in her case nobody is behooved to share. She has a job and it may be possible growing opportunities and choices in NC. It had only been six months, that's about equal to a first freshman semester.

Thank you, again, for pitching in.

I am thinking-just thinking-that she may have taken off with a truck driver. Some of those big rigs stop and park at Wal-Marts-also, there are several big truck stops in the vicinity of her home and the Wal-Mart. She may have befriended some guys at work or at a truck stop while getting gas. Heck-maybe even a driver for Wal-Mart? Maybe she is just off on a lark. I just hope she is safe and not being held against her will by anyone. A big concern of course is not hearing from her-maybe she is too scared now to call home for fear of reprisal against the truck-driver or herself being in trouble. She's just 18 and not very experienced. I wonder if the move from Texas to a sleepy part of NC drove her up the wall cause she is so young. Doesn't seem to be many social opportunities for a young girl in Fairmont N.C.
I am praying for her every day as if she were my own daughter or relative.

another random thought-isn't it possible to talk with truck drivers on their CB radios from a cell phone or whatever? I remember one time my daughter visiting me at my apartment near IH35 here in Texas-near Kyle and Buda at that-and all of a sudden we were receiving transmissions from truck drivers CB radios. We started talking to them-it was fun and hilarious but of course we kept it light. The truck drivers were funny and friendly-and never crossed a line in the conversations.
I haven't read about where she came from in Texas but Fairmont is small and country. The transition from a town of any size to Fairmont would be tough. I live about 20 miles away and go buy strawberries there every year. My wish for her Is that she is safe in a bigger town such as Fayetteville where she can blend in and that she will make contact soon.

Brilliant and working as a cashier at Walmart do not go hand in hand in my book..did she go to college? Was she going to classes to further her education?
Sara is 18. Contrary to popular belief, one doesn't NEED to begin college immediately upon graduation from high school. In fact, I don't have any qualms about saying that most people would be better off waiting a while. At 18, you're a child. You have no idea what you want to do with your life, but you're absolutely certain of what you are going to do with it, which is a dangerous combination.

I'm in my mid-twenties, and a lot of my peers (including myself) who started college at 18 really wasted time and money goofing around as undergrads. It took me until I was around 25 before I had any idea what I wanted to do, and by then, I had an irrelevant bachelor's degree from a university I would not choose if I had to do it over, five figure student loan debt (puke), and no relevant work or life experience. I am an intelligent person, but going to college at 18 was pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever done, and I've done plenty of dumb stuff. For me, the most striking lesson of adulthood is that nobody cares how brilliant you are - people care that you are capable of making rational and well-considered choices.

I'm not dismissing the value of a degree for the sake of having a degree. No doubt, it is an advantage. However, I feel that the vast majority of people would be better served by waiting to get one until they've done some exploring, contemplation, and growing up. I've had to basically start from scratch in order to pursue my career of choice, and will likely need to go back to school anyway for more undergraduate coursework before I feel okay about applying to grad school.

I have a handful of friends who waited and without exception, all of them are both brilliant AND successful. Also without exception, all of them have worked unglamorous, menial jobs before choosing to go back to school. I admire that far, far more than I do anyone who just goes to university at 18 because that is what is expected.

Going to assume here, for a bit, that this may have been an abduction of some kind that has nothing to do with Sara's parents background in LE, or even if it does. Sara was most exposed to any one who may have wanted to abduct her at Walmart. Whomever chose that spot to leave the White Astro Van (yr?), besides being interested in being able to leave no trace of Sara, seems, to me, to know what they're doing locally, in terms of lay of the land, the areas where the searches were conducted, maybe.

The Walmarts in the area are situated as shown below. The one Sara worked with may have exposed to her somebody who lives within shopping distance of that Walmart and not others. Does that make any sense? SBHack's map

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-02-27 at 1.44.31 AM.png
    Screenshot 2015-02-27 at 1.44.31 AM.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 398
Many brilliant people run a register in my opinion, it can be for many reasons, small town with few jobs, a job while in college or during summer when school is out. My Niece ran a register for four years while getting her double Master's degrees, she now has a really good job and amazingly she will still put in a day on a weekend if they are short. Just saying, you cannot judge a person by what they do, it all depends on circumstances.

Also....I can understand your thoughts on CCTV, but....are you saying every open space, ranch, farm, wilderness area should have all ground covered by CCTV and be fenced? I cannot even imagine the undertaking and dollars this would take and its is just not feasible, if you have ever been to the wilderness its just too vast. IMHO

I don't see it as they cant afford it , every so many miles there can be camera, Gate or fence to the property. A signing saying just that. A lot companies do this today its very cost effective, very little crime around those area as well . I hear it pretty bad in that area.

I live in Virginia and I been in the wilderness(trails hike), It's just more reason I'm always fighting to get folk to listen. I understand its very vast ,thats more reason to keep certain folks out. I understand cost, and certain missing person cases are shut down because of cost. From the vast searching my point is keep it to minimum. A helping hand as well. I'm not saying every were there's a tree, ok. I understand that's not possible, but what Is possible is certain areas and road ways near property..

Criminals are dumping people in theses woods and on people pvt property because they know it too hard to search. Also the owners cant not watch it well. If a gate was there and camera looking down this roads on his property it helps deter or prolong these kind of folks. 30$-50$ a month is not going wreck any one wallets for S.camera ,I don't think.

A fence or gate for property is can be expensive but at same time it is cost effective.

Yes, FindHG, it does. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members