NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go against the grain and say I hope and pray we do not fence off and camera up every place known to man. Good grief.

So 2% of the population are really bad people, and the other 98% have to suffer for it. No! I am not voting for that.

Me personally im getting a odd feeling that this connected to something else. This a message of some type.

I m not saying that,, im saying just certain areas, it would very helpful to have eyes in the areas rather than nothing.

As one astute poster in this thread previously observed: the "abandoned" Chevy Astro Van, found in a wheat field, had been carefully secured -- locked even -- but with no trace of Sara inside (except maybe her cellphone which had been turned off). Something is definitely rotten in Denmark.

I wonder if this was something she had done before.
Is it at all possible she was meeting someone and this was the place she would always park her car. Lock it! and return.
This time it was found and she was reported missing. Her dad is a cop not going to go very well for her esp if she was caught meeting someone they wouldn't approve of. So she vanishes!
Just a thought!

Well, this is interesting. I am going to be visiting a friend and judging from now looking at SBHacks map, i just realized that where I am going in mid-March is less than an hour from where Sara has gone missing. Will try to ask the locals if they know anymore about this. Thanks for posting the map, FindHG!

ETA: I sure do hope Sara has been located safely by then, though!!

Even brilliant 18-year-olds need to start somewhere to make a little cash. No one said she was interested in being a career Walmarter - just an 18-year-old girl making a bit of money.
In high school ,if you are top of the heap or close to it colleges will be very accepting especially for females that are not vanilla (white Anglo saxon). So for her to leave high school in Texas without any kind of scholarship that we know of,nor start in a community college in NC tells me the road to further education was not for her. This of course plays little, imo,on why she disappeared. The fact that neither of her parents (have we heard anything from her birth mother? ) are shouting from the hilltops disturbs me. I feel there is more to this case than is being told.

In high school ,if you are top of the heap or close to it colleges will be very accepting especially for females that are not vanilla (white Anglo saxon). So for her to leave high school in Texas without any kind of scholarship that we know of,nor start in a community college in NC tells me the road to further education was not for her. This of course plays little, imo,on why she disappeared. The fact that neither of her parents (have we heard anything from her birth mother? ) are shouting from the hilltops disturbs me. I feel there is more to this case than is being told.

I think her birth mother is in very deep shock, I can see it in her face. I hope she gets some kind of help because I can se she needs it in these times. I say this, I think if she says something on though of her daughter, she is going to break mentally. Might even be blaming her self.

I agree with topcat college was not in her plans. Of top of that she is working a morning shift at6am. The best college courses are in the am ( morning.) I think someone gave her that job.. I don't think she had a real social life or social night life. Like so many 18 years olds, out here.

I honestly think she was a prisoner of disciplinary . At same time, I don't think she ran away.

In my gut . I'm not buying the truck drivers or a run away story. I think she missing from something else. I just cant put my finger on it

I think her birth mother is in very deep shock, I can see it in her face. I hope she gets some kind of help because I can se she needs it in these times. I say this, I think if she says something on though of her daughter, she is going to break mentally. Might even be blaming her self.

I agree with topcat college was not in her plans. Of top of that she is working a morning shift at6am. The best college courses are in the am ( morning.) I think someone gave her that job.. I don't think she had a real social life or social night life. Like so many 18 years olds, out here.

I honestly think she was a prisoner of disciplinary . At same time, I don't think she ran away.

In my gut . I'm not buying the truck drivers or a run away story. I think she missing from something else. I just cant put my finger on it

I've been out a day, where did you see anything about her bio Mom, link please.

This case reminds me of one almost identical which happened in Australia recently - Shiva Chahaun, a young man, at work doing his delivery driving, disappears without a trace. His delivery van was found by the side of the road in a rural area - The van was locked. Nothing out of place - no car problems or dishevelled interior.
They thought Shiva had run off voluntarily.
But something did happen to Shiva - and Police now know he was taken from his van - he was abducted, and unfortunately the outcome does not look good.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...a-Shiva-Chauhan-27-Melbourne-Vic-1st-May-2014

So, sorry for the long preamble, but...

Because Sara's van was locked in a field and just left there raises alarm bells for me.
Sara is described as a well liked girl and from what I've read on the thread - she was a responsible 18 year old.
I don't feel that she would have caused this amount of angst to others - to leave and not say anything - quite the contrary, with her mother and father having enforcement jobs, I think she would be aware of the consequences her disappearance would create - for her, & her family.

This case says to me that she was taken from the van and that possibly she was abducted or kidnapped by deceit.
And I highly suspect that Sara's disappearance was not a random abduction - but planned.
I wonder if there was some prior threat made to her parents, or Sara herself.
And I wouldn't put it past someone known to the family or job related either.

Sorry if I am speculating out of the boundaries here - but this girl needs to be found - quickly - and every available resource used to find a trace of what may have happened to her, and where she may be.
(JMOO)

Well, this is interesting. I am going to be visiting a friend and judging from now looking at SBHacks map, i just realized that where I am going in mid-March is less than an hour from where Sara has gone missing. Will try to ask the locals if they know anymore about this. Thanks for posting the map, FindHG!

Hi EmmaRose :wave:

Be careful when inquiring among locals. Just a heads up imo! If you're going to do it, be casual, and act like you don't care or know much about the case, that you just happened to hear about a girl that went missing from the area. JMO

(I'm speaking from experience in another case, btw, was not safe).

*We don't know how deep this goes, or who is responsible for Sara's disappearance. It might not be safe to go around asking questions so please be careful! :heart:

Going to assume here, for a bit, that this may have been an abduction of some kind that has nothing to do with Sara's parents background in LE, or even if it does. Sara was most exposed to any one who may have wanted to abduct her at Walmart. Whomever chose that spot to leave the White Astro Van (yr?), besides being interested in being able to leave no trace of Sara, seems, to me, to know what they're doing locally, in terms of lay of the land, the areas where the searches were conducted, maybe.

The Walmarts in the area are situated as shown below. The one Sara worked with may have exposed to her somebody who lives within shopping distance of that Walmart and not others. Does that make any sense? SBHack's map

I saw that the Walmart in Lumberton there was signs posted-No truckers are allowed to park there. I'll see if I can find it. So maybe the truckers parked where Sara worked at.

(Ok sorry that was in Hope Mills)
http://cdllife.com/2015/featured/walmart-responds-truck-drivers-not-welcome-walmart-signs/

EMMA ROSE, please don't do it. You'll be new there and have no idea with whom you are talking (as a visitor). Too dangerous. PLease..... don't.

Please don't be sorry, FigTree, admittedly it's because I agree with you, but you've boiled it down really well. Thank you for this.

This case reminds me of one almost identical which happened in Australia recently - Shiva Chahaun, a young man, at work doing his delivery driving, disappears without a trace. His delivery van was found by the side of the road in a rural area - The van was locked. Nothing out of place - no car problems or dishevelled interior.
They thought Shiva had run off voluntarily.
But something did happen to Shiva - and Police now know he was taken from his van - he was abducted, and unfortunately the outcome does not look good.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...a-Shiva-Chauhan-27-Melbourne-Vic-1st-May-2014

So, sorry for the long preamble, but...

Because Sara's van was locked in a field and just left there raises alarm bells for me.
Sara is described as a well liked girl and from what I've read on the thread - she was a responsible 18 year old.
I don't feel that she would have caused this amount of angst to others - to leave and not say anything - quite the contrary, with her mother and father having enforcement jobs, I think she would be aware of the consequences her disappearance would create - for her, & her family.

This case says to me that she was taken from the van and that possibly she was abducted or kidnapped by deceit.
And I highly suspect that Sara's disappearance was not a random abduction - but planned.
I wonder if there was some prior threat made to her parents, or Sara herself.
And I wouldn't put it past someone known to the family or job related either.

Sorry if I am speculating out of the boundaries here - but this girl needs to be found - quickly - and every available resource used to find a trace of what may have happened to her, and where she may be.
(JMOO)

With the price of higher ed being what it is, and kids being prepared to part with family, to choose a path, test their independence even, have some time before they commit to a certain path, any number of reasons, leap years are common enough at all levels.

Me too, I hope she is located. Happy trails, whichever way you choose to go, please be safe.

EMMA ROSE, please don't do it. You'll be new there and have no idea with whom you are talking (as a visitor). Too dangerous. PLease..... don't.

Yeah, I have to agree here. Jmo

(*it got really nasty when I decided to inquire about Jessica a couple years ago. I heard some things I did not want to hear...people making jokes about her murder...trust me when I say it got dangerous/ugly. Jmo)

Thanks for the advice, Frisson, FindHG and Margarita .You're
probably right. I promise I won't take any chances and let my sleuthing get me in trouble... Just my first instinct to want to help find Sara.

Me personally im getting a odd feeling that this connected to something else. This a message of some type.

This seems to be the consensus out there in cyberland JMO (sorry can not provide links as they are to sites we are not allowed to link to here.)

I hate to harp on this, since it probably has no bearing on the case. But as you said, we don't know anything about her educational plans. Her family friend says she's quite brilliant. For all we know, she has a delayed entry with full scholarship to MIT, and planned it that way because she wanted to have the opportunity to spend time with her dad before she became a full-fledged adult and started her own life. Or maybe she won some kind of high-school competition that has allowed her to bypass college because she's the next entrepreneur to be a millionaire by the age of 20. She could be the next David Karp (Tumblr) for all we know. She could be a writer who is in the process of getting her first novel published. Maybe her job at Walmart is a way to research whatever her business idea is. Or maybe it's just to fill time and make a little money. Or maybe she's so brilliant she's been hired by Walmart to be a sort of "undercover boss" to help them figure out some new business venture, or way to streamline business processes, or whatever.

Not everyone follows the same path to success. I went to college at 18 and eventually got my master's degree, but with so many young brilliant entrepreneurs who have taken our society by storm, I have learned not to necessarily judge a book by its cover, especially by its educational cover. JMO

Heck, anecdotally, how many of us here have young children or grandchildren who know more about using smartphones and tablets than we do? :shame: When a 4-year-old can use a computer, who knows what that child will be capable of doing by the time they are a teen!

With the price of higher ed being what it is, and kids being prepared to part with family, to choose a path, test their independence even, have some time before they commit to a certain path, any number of reasons, leap years are common enough at all levels.
I'm NOW extremely highly educated (no laughing), but I dropped out my first semester after high school. I wasn't ready, AND I've always been one of those fools who has to learn things for myself, the hard way. It was some years before I realized the value and finally returned. It's closed minded and foolish to judge someone by their education level beyond high school. Every individual has a different calling, and who are we to judge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8