NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO one of two things needs to happen here. Either this thread is closed because the missing person has left voluntarily or the assumption is made that the missing person will likely never be seen again and the case is discussed from that viewpoint.

Personally, I've never seen a crime discussed where there has not been a crime alleged, that is until I came to this discussion.

If they think she is alive, , and run off who wrote the report of filled it.?

Just one more question. Wouldn't two seasoned law enforcement professionals just say "Looks like the van was abandoned there. She must have left for home." And avoid all the hoopla with an abduction? Save the county a lot of money. That would be welcome with their budget crunch. The parents had it in their power. Just say, "Yes it would be like her to leave without saying anything," instead of, "no it wouldn't."

"The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Robeson County Sheriff's Office are still actively working a joint missing persons investigation," said Shelley Lynch, a spokeswoman for the FBI office in Charlotte.

"We are not providing specific details on the leads we are following at this time because disclosing investigation information publicly is not in the best interest of finding Sara," Lynch said in an email.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/cri...cle_472f4359-cc82-5e5c-95e1-e09557591a32.html

There's more to this case. We just don't know what because it won't help us find Sara. [emoji20]

Is her father still with her step-mother?

Where was it said that Sara's computer was erased? That's unusual. Does Sara know how to erase a computer? Or is someone hiding something that was on it?

These are the comments I've read concerning the computer and phone. I have found no comments that the computer was erased.

Graham’s cell phones records and computer have been searched multiple times to make sure we didn't miss anything.

http://redspringscitizen.com/news/news/151969986/Nothing-new-in-search-for-Fairmont-teen

A search of her computer and phone records turned up little information. Graham’s cell phone appears to be off, Sealey said.

http://www.robesonian.com/news/news/151718228/Command-post-set-up-in-search-for-missing-teen

Nothing suspicious was found around the abandoned Chevrolet Astro, and a search of Sara’s cell phone records turned up little.

http://robesonian.com/news/news/151804762/Search-yields-little

So we don't know what "little information" turned up on the cell phone records and the computer. It doesn't say it was wiped clean or erased.

Hubert Graham said what worries him most is that his daughter hasn’t reached out to anyone in her family, which is large and spread all over the country. Although she can be quiet, he said, Sara stays in touch with friends and family ...... Graham just wants to know his daughter is safe. If she’s too scared to call or come home, he said, he wants her to know that whatever is going on, he won’t be mad, as long as she comes home.

If she left on her own, she would have checked in with someone in her family. But, why would she be too scared to call or come home??

They might feel she could be too scared because leaving created such a mess. It was assumed she had been abducted and it started a massive search.

also never saw anything re her computer being wiped.

Which marks the third time in as many days that someone made a pretty substantial comment in a top thread, stated as fact, and we couldn't find any verification or MSM link to substantiate same. Are we reading too fast, seeing what we want to see, adding false tidbits to stir the pot? what's going on with us lately WS? =)

But far more important... where is Sara? We've come to care about this girl, obviously...

What ever happened to Connie being a "suspect", way back in March:

... the FBI, which joined the investigation early this month, considers Connie Graham a suspect in the case, adding that an arrest may be made and charges filed soon.
Read more at http://www.wral.com/questions-surro...eson-woman-grow/14544261/#Cb4ZYqiekuIwz6zQ.99
Back in March Gilbert Baez, who did the reporting, told us he would be getting with his source and getting back to us with more information. That never happened; neither did any reporting of this occur from other sources.

I first read of the stepmother's involvement in the comments section of one of the papers. I didn't accept it there either. Someone in that community should be willing to report accurately on this and offer a credible source. An interview with the stepmother would be nice. I've heard only one comment that may be connected to her, "Truth. The pill that everyone wants but can't seem to swallow."

Somehow I missed this information about Ms. Graham. The article was Last updated March 29. 2015 5:01PM - 39924 Views:

Connie Graham joined the Sheriff’s Office as a telecommunicator on June 6, 1990. Following a 15 month break from the job that began July 13, 1995, she returned to telecommunications on Nov. 1, 1996. She was promoted to telecommunicator supervisor on April 1, 1999; school resource officer on Feb. 1, 2001; and detective on June 1, 2007 — a position she held until her March 18 dismissal.

Her salary as a detective was $46,371.47. Sara Graham’s father, Sgt. Hubert Graham, also works for the Sheriff’s Office. His employment status has not changed.

http://www.robesonian.com/news/home_top-news/152604251/Missing-girls-stepmom-fired-as-detective

< Snipped by me>

Hubert Graham said what worries him most is that his daughter hasn&#8217;t reached out to anyone in her family, which is large and spread all over the country. Although she can be quiet, he said, Sara stays in touch with friends and family ...... Graham just wants to know his daughter is safe. If she&#8217;s too scared to call or come home, he said, he wants her to know that whatever is going on, he won&#8217;t be mad, as long as she comes home.
If she left on her own, she would have checked in with someone in her family. But, why would she be too scared to call or come home??

They might feel she could be too scared because leaving created such a mess. It was assumed she had been abducted and it started a massive search.

The question in bold was asked a few days ago and I answered with the quote just below the bolded question. I don't think my quote is an adequate answer. This is something I do not believe we considered before.

Did something scare Sara into leaving, something so scary she was afraid to come back or just wasn't going to chance it? Or did Sara never leave as some think?

When Sara's dad says this it seems like he saying Sara is a afraid of his temper. He tries to reassure her that he won't be mad if she just comes home.
If she’s too scared to call or come home, he said, he wants her to know that whatever is going on, he won’t be mad, as long as she comes home.
These comments have always bothered me because an 18-year-old girl who's managed to leave with nothing but the clothes on her back isn't generally planning on coming back. So she's not concerned about his temper is my point. But maybe he's trying to warn her about it. You know that temper of mine you won't have to worry about my temper if you could just come home but if I have to come and find you it could be different. All MOO.

I took the father's comment to mean that if she left to do something that she knows he disapproves of, he'll put that aside if she just comes home. Which makes me wonder if the triggering incident was more of a lifestyle difference than one of family dynamics.

I took the father's comment to mean that if she left to do something that she knows he disapproves of, he'll put that aside if she just comes home. Which makes me wonder if the triggering incident was more of a lifestyle difference than one of family dynamics.

Triggering incident - for a disappearance or for a crime against Sara? When I think of lifestyle difference I tend to think of issues around family and sexuality.

In a video interview Sara's father said this came out of the blue. I took him to mean a disappearance. He said, "We were just watching television together last night." It sounded more innocent then when I was his supporter. Now it occurs to me it could be the beginning of a false narrative. All MOO

ETA: Maybe you're referring to something a lot more dangerous than sexuality when you refer to the lifestyle? A permanent choice of "family"?

Triggering incident - for a disappearance or for a crime against Sara? When I think of lifestyle difference I tend to think of issues around family and sexuality.

In a video interview Sara's father said this came out of the blue. I took him to mean a disappearance. He said, "We were just watching television together last night." It sounded more innocent then when I was his supporter. Now it occurs to me it could be the beginning of a false narrative. All MOO

ETA: Maybe you're referring to something a lot more dangerous than sexuality when you refer to the lifestyle? A permanent choice of "family"?

I was trying to be as general as possible -- anything from sexual orientation to a bad boyfriend to sex'n'drugs'n'rock'n'roll to working as a drug courier to -- I don't know, becoming a Buddhist nun? I'm not suggesting any of those, but without knowing anything about the family and their personal, social, and professional values, it's hard to say what might constitute a lifestyle choice that they would find so objectionable it would require her to leave home in order to pursue it. It might be something that would seem ordinary to us. For instance, I know a younger guy who was the only musician in a family of scientists and mathematicians who was estranged from his family for years before they became reconciled to his choice of profession.

And again, I'm being hypothetical. The first time he said it, I thought he was hinting that there had been some sort of conflict of that sort but he didn't think it was bad enough she'd want to leave. But like you, on reflection, it sounds like he might have meant something else.

I don't know. There's just no evidence.

I was trying to be as general as possible -- anything from sexual orientation to a bad boyfriend to sex'n'drugs'n'rock'n'roll to working as a drug courier to -- I don't know, becoming a Buddhist nun? I'm not suggesting any of those, but without knowing anything about the family and their personal, social, and professional values, it's hard to say what might constitute a lifestyle choice that they would find so objectionable it would require her to leave home in order to pursue it. It might be something that would seem ordinary to us. For instance, I know a younger guy who was the only musician in a family of scientists and mathematicians who was estranged from his family for years before they became reconciled to his choice of profession.

And again, I'm being hypothetical. The first time he said it, I thought he was hinting that there had been some sort of conflict of that sort but he didn't think it was bad enough she'd want to leave. But like you, on reflection, it sounds like he might have meant something else.

I don't know. There's just no evidence.
Well a little discussion, no evidence, never hurt anyone. :)

It's always good to get a different perspective on words you heard especially from the dad. When he said "out of the blue" I took that literally. But yes he could mean something very recent.

I'm going to have to give this some consideration. I hadn't thought about a lifestyle issue being a trigger.

Well a little discussion, no evidence, never hurt anyone. :)

It's always good to get a different perspective on words you heard especially from the dad. When he said "out of the blue" I took that literally. But yes he could mean something very recent.

I'm going to have to give this some consideration. I hadn't thought about a lifestyle issue being a trigger.

It certainly could mean something out of the blue.

I don't get why NO information is being released! Nothing at all that could help find Sara, or help us find Sara. It's as if LE knows, but maybe they are looking for evidence?? Something is off. If LE has no idea whether she left on her own, was abducted, or someone harmed her, then IMO, information should be released to keep the public aware. Usually there's vigils by family/friends to keep the media on the case. But here...total silence.

Back in the end of March, this article was posted:

http://m.wmbfnews.com/wmbfnews/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:Fei2popu

I still wonder what was meant by this statement:

"Please understand that publicly sharing specific details of our case could be harmful to the integrity of our investigation and would not be in the best interest of our efforts to find Sara, Sheriff Sealey stated."

There is more information that we don't know about. Perhaps it would help us understand what might have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc