NC NC - Sarah Long, 41, Davidson, 19 Jul 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lots of good sleuthing and commentary. Wow, this guy is so obvious, it would be comical if it wasn't so sad that she was murdered.
Wonder what it will take to bring an arrest. Right now it's a looks like a duck and it quacks like duck case - but need just that one thing more...

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/mysteries-shroud-davidson-womans-death/ng6SD/

A medical examiner noted Long’s body was badly decomposed and estimated she had been dead since July 19... he questioned a lack of blood on her hand and also noted the resting position of the weapon at the center of her chest near her breast bone was in an “odd location.”

The warrant went on to say the man then told police about three weeks prior to her death Long gave him documents sealed in an envelope along with orders to give it to her financial advisor should anything happen to her. The man claimed he later opened the documents which stated he was the “primary beneficiary of 100 percent of her assets.”

The amount totaled nearly $940,000. The warrant states he asked police if the documents were real.

Scroll down for an interesting comment by a friend of Sarah's. The 19th was a Saturday, FYI.

On July 23, police were called to Long’s townhouse in Davidson by William Becker, who said he’d been unable to reach Long. Investigators later found Long in her bed, clutching a .357 Taurus revolver in her left hand.

Becker told the detective about his relationship with Long. They’d met in December and began dating in April. Both were married, and the relationship was a secret, Becker told investigators, according to the warrant.

“Mr. Becker began crying as he said that he should have taken her to the hospital. I noticed that there were no tears as Mr. Becker cried,” the search warrant says.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...-womans-death.html#.U_oZCvldVIE#storylink=cpy

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/mysteries-shroud-davidson-womans-death/ng6SD/

Scroll down for an interesting comment by a friend of Sarah's. The 19th was a Saturday, FYI.
From the link -
A medical examiner noted Long’s body was badly decomposed and estimated she had been dead since July 19... he questioned a lack of blood on her hand and also noted the resting position of the weapon at the center of her chest near her breast bone was in an “odd location.”

Then why initially rule this as suicide? Also taking into consideration she allegedly killed herself with a .357?

:eek:

MOO

The gun on the chest is a giveaway. The recoil of the gun would have surely made the hand clutching it move AWAY from midline. And yet she is found in a very 'romantic' pose if you will.

Nice catch - the 'romantic pose'.

This is just too sad for this poor woman.

The 2 month old 'boyfriend' seems to be up to his neck in this.

Thank goodness this case was examined a little further.

Very interesting.

First of all, the ME may regret his initial "rush to judgment" in ruling her death a suicide. Defense attorneys love to jump all over those "mistakes" at trial and this ME will be in for a lengthy cross-examination.

Secondly, it appears obvious who the primary suspect should be. A married boyfriend whose wife claims he may have tried to kill her shortly before Sarah's death, with documents stating he stands to inherit Sarah's assets worth nearly a million dollars, and making claims Sarah was dying of cancer?? He appears to have wrapped this up perfectly for himself, or so he thinks. If this is a recent photo of Sarah, she looks perfectly healthy, and I am in agreement with the neighbor, that a person who is in the last stages of that illness would be barely functioning, let alone active and jogging. The so-called "suicide" appears staged, and am also curious if Sarah owned a gun.

:waitasec:

MOO

Agree. I would think the gun ownership could be proved somehow -- are records kept centrally somewhere -- I know nada about gun ownership and how that works. And certainly a diagnosis of cancer could be proved by the M.E. Did the bf think that none of this would be checked? And in one MSM article, the reporter said (it's on a video) she was thought to be right-handed.

Have we got a big argument between the dating couple with tempers flaring and someone gets very angry and strikes at Sarah, and finally just shoots her in the head?

Also, LE needs to find the witnesses to the will and speak to them. Did she go through an attorney? Talk to him/her. The witnesses certainly shouldn't know the contents of the will, but their names and dates of signing needs to be verified.

This one may get interesting, folks. If this woman did not take her own life, then she needs justice along with those who loved her and the one(s) who killed her, if indeed this was a murder.

I'm all kind of confused :waitasec:

This is her obit. It states that she is married.

http://davidsonnews.net/obituaries/2014/08/04/sarah-catherine-long-41/

So she is married and has a boyfriend that is married, also?

It appears that she was not cremated (nothing direct in the obit, but it did sound like her body was buried). That may be a good thing for LE in the near future -- we'll see.

Maybe she and her husband had what sometimes is called an "open marriage" where each is entitled to date, etc.? Did her husband know she was in a relationship? Were they living together? Separated, or just living apart?

Was her bf involved in a active marriage, i.e., were they living together while he was dating Sarah? If so, did the wife of the bf know about the relationship?

We need some answers... or at least I do!

Lots of good sleuthing and commentary. Wow, this guy is so obvious, it would be comical if it wasn't so sad that she was murdered.
Wonder what it will take to bring an arrest. Right now it's a looks like a duck and it quacks like duck case - but need just that one thing more...

bbm

Obvious and oblivious, IMO. :-/

Yep, OS -- All through this forum -- small as it is right now -- I have not been impressed by the bf's smarts -- way far from it. Some things he mentions, etc., make him sound very unintelligent (trying to be "nice"). I wonder if he has served time somewhere...

Oh, my, so much we don't know. Patience, patience, patience...

Also, was Sarah right-handed or left-handed?

In the video of the article below which was in your first post, at 1:59, the reporter says that her friends thought she was right-handed, and a neighbor talks about her walking the dogs with the leash in her right hand, as has already been mentioned. Just a bare scratch on the surface -- nothing about it that we can call definitive, IMO. That's all I can recall about right vs. left. There's not much else mentioned about it -- so I'm as curious as you are.

And thanks for starting this thread for us, OG. We've got miles to go, don't we?

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news...h-davidson-nc-mysterious-sarah-long/14432007/

I am left handed but shoot right handed. A .357 is my home gun.
So is mine... I do not use .357 cal bullets in it, instead use 38's, as next-door houses aren't too far away... (Even a .38 might do it into the next house, hope never to have to find out.)

I cannot imagine committing suicide by shooting myself.... and in the head? - don't know how anyone could do that, but I know it is done... Much prefer something like shown in the 1973 movie Soylent Green, but then who'd be there to help my spouse or take care of my precious cats....

Speaking of which, no mention of Sarah having a pet. Also, while only approx 1/3 of those suicide leave a note, seems no note in this case is another thing I don't buy... If she was going to leave everything to this guy, won't she have left a note to avoid him facing just the mess he's in?

Speaking of which, no mention of Sarah having a pet. Also, while only approx 1/3 of those suicide leave a note, seems no note in this case is another thing I don't buy... If she was going to leave everything to this guy, won't she have left a note to avoid him facing just the mess he's in?
The neighbors said she walked a dog a few times a day, and she was doing that just before she died. There was no mention of the dog after she was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back