NC NC - Sarah Long, 41, Davidson, 19 Jul 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Really hoping for an arrest.

from the article:
But based on witness statements, police said, they believe someone else was inside Long's house on Old Meeting Way the night she died, according to the warrants. Police are now treating the death as a homicide.

Responding officers found Long in her upstairs bedroom, clutching a .357 Taurus revolver in her left hand. Police said Long was right-handed, according to the warrants.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/10/21/...solve-davidson-womans.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

I wonder what her experience was with the .357. Cannot imagine a woman shooting herself with that if she's familiar with it's power, assuming she did use standard .357 ammo... LE never said what kind of ammo was in the gun... Then again, cannot imagine shooting myself in the head with any kind of round.

I have a feeling LE never checked for her finger prints on the rounds in the gun... there should be prints, and if they were all wiped clean, I'd be very suspicious..
http://dmmoyle.com/simeans.htm

I don't know how she came to own a .357, but surely she would know it would blow a sizable hole in whatever it hit. I'll never believe a woman would kill herself with a gun of that size. She was obviously a well groomed person from the photo I saw and seemed to care about her appearance. She walked her dog the day before, IIRC. I just don't think she would have done this with her dog in the house because she took care of it and wouldn't have let this poor dog be in the house alone with her body. The dog is traumatized, I'm sure.

Someone pretty stupid thought LE would fall for the scene, and surmise it was a suicide. She was murdered, IMO, and for her money.

I'm an old granny and promise you if I were to ever take my life it surely wouldn't be with a .357, or any gun for that matter. BUT, at 64 and with a great family, plus the smartest, cutest grandchildren on earth (lol), I am here until nature takes it's course.

MOO

ETA: answered this post as I was catching up and before I read thestate.com article.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/11/04/3789917_police-search-davidson-womans.html?rh=1

In hopes of identifying her killer, police have seized the Yahoo! Internet accounts of a woman found dead in her town house in July.

Davidson police Detective Vernon Siders Jr. seized Sarah Catherine Long's accounts by court order late last week, including text messages and saved, opened, unopened, and deleted emails, according to a search warrant.

Siders also seized information on financial transactions done through Long's Yahoo! accounts, the search warrant said. The warrant doesn't disclose what he found.

Did the ME confirm whether or not she had cancer? I know the family said she did not, but not everyone tells their families. If she did, she may have discussed financial matters with a new BF, I guess, especially IF both were getting divorces, I guess.

Actually in a way, it makes sense he would kill her if he did know about her assets and especially if he got her to sign some papers. Otherwise what is his motive? But in any case, it sure sounds like a murder to me.

Jmo

About the supposed cancer from her doctor:

Police say they talked to Long's doctor who told them, Sarah did not have cancer; explaining that she had abnormal cells on her cervix that could be easily treated with a minor outpatient procedure.

Officers asked if Sarah could have misunderstood. The doctor said no because Sarah has experienced the same issue in the past and she reassured her there wasn't much to worry about.

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/2014/09/02/sarah-long-davidson-death/14988639/

This case is loaded with circumstantial evidence and red-flags...
Reading between the lines, IMO the only thing LE is missing is being able to actually place someone with her that fateful night. Hence mention of checking her wireless router.
Not sure everyone knows; but, wireless routers typically found in homes have a very short range, so finding if someone's device used it, and then knowing what that device is would really clinch things IMO.

Some parallels w/ the Jenn Corbin (and Dolly Herndon) murders http://www.nbcnews.com/id/15253153/ns/dateline_nbc/t/death-dentist/#.VIjAP8nYXEY

Both were killed by Bart Corbin as their relationships with him were respectively coming to an end. Both initially considered suicide (Dolly's for years). Both with suspicious gun placement, no residue on the gun or hands, etc. And both families sure it wasn't suicide but murder.

It was actually really realizing there was a previous case to Jenn's that blew her case open. And then it was piecing together Dolly's that let them move forward with Jenn's (which then was going to go to trial first)

But they had to place Bart at the home when he had supposedly not been there (and I vaguely recall did have an alibi for at least part of the night) and ultimately it was like phone pings or router records that showed him there also proving he could have done it.

And just before trial, they got the last link they really needed to seal his fate, and that was how he got the gun he used to kill Jenn.

Anyway, the jigsaw puzzle of Jenn's case (though really it was the two together) reminds me of this one.

Praying they can get the pieces together to get justice once again!

I have a feeling that in a number of cases is easier for authorities to go with "suicide" because then the case is closed and there is no need to investigate, obtain evidence and prosecute. So there are some funky "suicides" out there.

Some parallels w/ the Jenn Corbin (and Dolly Herndon) murders http://www.nbcnews.com/id/15253153/ns/dateline_nbc/t/death-dentist/#.VIjAP8nYXEY

Both were killed by Bart Corbin as their relationships with him were respectively coming to an end. Both initially considered suicide (Dolly's for years). Both with suspicious gun placement, no residue on the gun or hands, etc. And both families sure it wasn't suicide but murder.

It was actually really realizing there was a previous case to Jenn's that blew her case open. And then it was piecing together Dolly's that let them move forward with Jenn's (which then was going to go to trial first)

But they had to place Bart at the home when he had supposedly not been there (and I vaguely recall did have an alibi for at least part of the night) and ultimately it was like phone pings or router records that showed him there also proving he could have done it.

And just before trial, they got the last link they really needed to seal his fate, and that was how he got the gun he used to kill Jenn.

Anyway, the jigsaw puzzle of Jenn's case (though really it was the two together) reminds me of this one.

Praying they can get the pieces together to get justice once again!

Thanks for this ^^ Agree about the parallels.

Interesting in our case here, the gun belonged to the victim, Sarah.

I have a feeling that in a number of cases is easier for authorities to go with "suicide" because then the case is closed and there is no need to investigate, obtain evidence and prosecute. So there are some funky "suicides" out there.

Yes, I totally agree. It's so important IMO for a woman in a relationship that going sour, and especially if she's leaving money to that person, to make it known to family and friends (even leave something in writing) that while she attempted or mentioned suicide in the past; that she would not do it now and has no intention of doing it.

A Davidson woman found shot to death in her townhome last July left a will stating all of her nearly $1 million assets go to her boyfriend.
But Sarah Long’s boyfriend, William Drew Becker, and her estranged husband, Christopher Daarmond Reeves, signed a consent order this month to allow Reeves an undisclosed amount of Long’s estate.

Sarah Long’s death was initially ruled a suicide as Davidson police have never publicly named a suspect, but Police were treating the case as a homicide by October. Detectives have narrowed their investigation to one person, Police Chief Jeanne Miller said last week.

Based on witness statements, police believe there was someone else was inside Long’s home, on Old Meeting Way, the night she died, according to search warrants..
http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/2-men-share-slain-davidson-womans-1-million-estate/#.VJ3J2V4AMA

Totally confused now why Becker would sign a consent order giving Reeves a "cut" while, in my opinion, both of them could be considered a suspect in her death. Becker stood to gain approximately $1 million while the estranged husband has a history of physical abuse toward the victim. It is also still mind-boggling that she would have left Becker, who is termed a "boyfriend", so much money in her Will.

:waitasec:

MOO

Hmmmm.... interesting and really cold on both the ex-BF and the ex-HB parts. Sharing the estate? I am not saying they conspired, but wth. Also, who in their right minds leaves everything to a dude you've been dating for 8 WEEKS? I don't buy it.

The *only* thing I can think of as an explanation is that maybe it was a big "F you" to her estranged husband?

If she was still married, how could any assets be considered hers alone? I don't even get how she could do that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back