NC NC - Sarah Long, 41, Davidson, 19 Jul 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The neighbors said she walked a dog a few times a day, and she was doing that just before she died. There was no mention of the dog after she was found.

Thanks colette! Now, wouldn't a person who has a pet and is about to end it all make arrangements for their pet?

Just a note that in NC one has to be separated one year before a divorce is granted. Could it be she was separated from hubby, however, in a time of shock such as this, the family did not mention it in the obit?

This bf seems to be rather telling in his remarks! Their relationship was a secret, yet also saying he was getting a divorce too? It's been a long time since I heard an adult express a secret relationship! How come in this secret he is the one who takes her a milkshake, a few days later calls the police for a welfare check, and then produces papers that he is her beneficiary? No, don't think so.

It seems like the POI is lurking in front of LE! A story like this could not be made up!

But why oh why did ME not do an autopsy? Did LE see victim, gun, wound, and just add 1+1+1= Suicide?
If so, shame on LE!

My opinions only!

Just a note that in NC one has to be separated one year before a divorce is granted. Could it be she was separated from hubby, however, in a time of shock such as this, the family did not mention it in the obit?

This bf seems to be rather telling in his remarks! Their relationship was a secret, yet also saying he was getting a divorce too? It's been a long time since I heard an adult express a secret relationship! How come in this secret he is the one who takes her a milkshake, a few days later calls the police for a welfare check, and then produces papers that he is her beneficiary? No, don't think so.

It seems like the POI is lurking in front of LE! A story like this could not be made up!

But why oh why did ME not do an autopsy? Did LE see victim, gun, wound, and just add 1+1+1= Suicide?
If so, shame on LE!

My opinions only!

Yes, agree, and there are so many red-flags it would be comical if it was so sad that her life was taken.
The calling police to do a welfare check - now who do that when they could simply visit her place and knock on her door. She was living alone as far as I've read.
I wonder if he has a key to her place?

If so, shame on LE!

My opinions only!

An autopsy was done. IIRC, they're waiting on toxicology results, and the SBI is involved, also. Hopefully, things were done along the way to preserve any potential evidence, such as gun powder residue.

And although this looks very hinky in regard to the married bf, you never know. She had an allegedly abusive husband from whom she was separated.

If you think about it, if you were having an affair, it would be secret, but you might be really worried about your lover if s/he became suddenly incommunicado. Maybe the bf didn't have a key and he waited to report it, hoping she would turn up and he wouldn't have to compromise his privacy by calling the police. And what if she despised her ex and was head over heels with the married bf? It's possible (maybe even likely!) she would redo her will/beneficiaries.

Who knows what went on here? It's pretty hinky that the married bf brought up his "inheritance" to LE and that his wife allegedly thinks he tried to poison her. But, keeping an open mind, it's possible he's telling the truth. The wife could be spiteful or it could be true. And we have seen many "abusive ex-husbands" kill their spouses.

This is an interesting case though, and sad any way you look at.

An autopsy was done. IIRC, they're waiting on toxicology results, and the SBI is involved, also. Hopefully, things were done along the way to preserve any potential evidence, such as gun powder residue.

And although this looks very hinky in regard to the married bf, you never know. She had an allegedly abusive husband from whom she was separated.

If you think about it, if you were having an affair, it would be secret, but you might be really worried about your lover if s/he became suddenly incommunicado. Maybe the bf didn't have a key and he waited to report it, hoping she would turn up and he wouldn't have to compromise his privacy by calling the police. And what if she despised her ex and was head over heels with the married bf? It's possible (maybe even likely!) she would redo her will/beneficiaries.

Who knows what went on here? It's pretty hinky that the married bf brought up his "inheritance" to LE and that his wife allegedly thinks he tried to poison her. But, keeping an open mind, it's possible he's telling the truth. The wife could be spiteful or it could be true. And we have seen many "abusive ex-husbands" kill their spouses.

This is an interesting case though, and sad any way you look at.

Typically an ex is more likely to murder the spouse he's separated or in the process of getting a divorce from than a new BF. But, this case really appears to go against that because of:
>the inheritance.
>mentioning she was on death's door, which neighbor's contradict.
>her not leaving a note to remove suspicion from BF had she in fact left him everything.
>BF tried to poison his wife.
>BF distancing himself from what will be a crime scene by not going there first and then calling LE.

Google searched for any new news - sadly none.

Yes, agree, and there are so many red-flags it would be comical if it was so sad that her life was taken.
The calling police to do a welfare check - now who do that when they could simply visit her place and knock on her door. She was living alone as far as I've read.
I wonder if he has a key to her place?
How many times have "we" seen the perpetrator (boyfriend, spouse) send someone else to the house only to find the deceased there? It appears to be a standard MO. In this case we have eyewitnesses seeing her out walking hours prior to her so-called suicide, yet this boyfriend of two months claiming she's dying of cancer, therefore allegedly suicidal. And he claims to be the beneficiary of her estate.

And has there been any information regarding the gun yet, as to ownership? How long before an arrest? Or is there no evidence because his DNA is inside the house anyway?

:waitasec:

MOO

How many times have "we" seen the perpetrator (boyfriend, spouse) send someone else to the house only to find the deceased there? It appears to be a standard MO. In this case we have eyewitnesses seeing her out walking hours prior to her so-called suicide, yet this boyfriend of two months claiming she's dying of cancer, therefore allegedly suicidal. And he claims to be the beneficiary of her estate.

And has there been any information regarding the gun yet, as to ownership? How long before an arrest? Or is there no evidence because his DNA is inside the house anyway?

:waitasec:

MOO

Is it possible that despite all the circumstantial evidence adding up to: "if it quacks like a duck, if it looks like a duck, and if it swims like a duck, then it must be..." yet, forensically LE just can't get that one thing more needed to make an arrest.... So sad....

Is it possible that despite all the circumstantial evidence adding up to: "if it quacks like a duck, if it looks like a duck, and if it swims like a duck, then it must be..." yet, forensically LE just can't get that one thing more needed to make an arrest.... So sad....
Those are my thoughts also. Often it does take time to build a solid case. I also believe a very solid case must be built as the ME originally went with the suicide, and any good defense attorney will try to convince a jury the ME was right the first time.

:doh:

MOO

Those are my thoughts also. Often it does take time to build a solid case. I also believe a very solid case must be built as the ME originally went with the suicide, and any good defense attorney will try to convince a jury the ME was right the first time.

:doh:

MOO

This case reminds me of Karen Swift's murder and while circumstances surrounding it are loaded with red flags, there's not enough for an arrest.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?240149-TN-Karen-Swift-44-Dyersburg-30-Oct-2011-4

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/police-rule-davidson-womans-death-homicide/nhj6f/

A Davidson woman was found shot to death inside her home nearly three months ago, and in new court documents released Wednesday, investigators called Sarah Long's death a homicide, not a suicide as first suggested.

Investigators believe someone shot and killed Long inside her Davidson home, according to court documents.

Investigators now want to search Long's bank accounts and electronics from her home. Specifically, they believe her wireless router will show who was in her townhome the night of her death on July 19.

From OkieGranny's link: Her "lover" that found her said she was depressed because she was diagnosed with cervical cancer. Her Dr. and family dispute that. So that was all made up. So ruthless to kill this poor woman to steal her wealth, sickening.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/10/21/3759631_router-might-solve-davidson-womans.html?rh=1

Davidson police hope a wireless router will help them identify a man who was with Sarah Catherine Long the night she died of a gunshot wound in her bedroom, according to search warrants.

The warrants state that an AT&T wireless router that belonged to Long could hold information that could identify the man who entered her home with her about 10:20 p.m. July 19. Police believe Long died between 10:20 and 11:30 p.m., according to the warrants...

Long's wireless router was on when police discovered it, according to the warrants. An AT&T representative told police that if a person were to enter Long's home while carrying a cellphone or any other electronic device, the router would store the other device's Internet protocol address or phone number, according to the warrants.

What a strange case! I hadn't heard of it, and I don't live that far from there.

How would he know about her assets? Just can't imagine detailing this kind of thing to a new relationship?

I'm guessing from the amount of her assets that she owned her home there. That's Lake Norman. Pretty pricey (and great fun). It would be obvious that a nice lake house would be worth a pretty penny. Maybe she had a boat, too, etc.

It's hard to appear very humble if you're living on that lake ;) :D (When I win the lottery, I want a boat and vacation house on Lake Norman!).

What a strange case! I hadn't heard of it, and I don't live that far from there.

I'm guessing from the amount of her assets that she owned her home there. That's Lake Norman. Pretty pricey (and great fun). It would be obvious that a nice lake house would be worth a pretty penny. Maybe she had a boat, too, etc.

It's hard to appear very humble if you're living on that lake ;) :D (When I win the lottery, I want a boat and vacation house on Lake Norman!).

You are right, Lake Norman is beautiful and a grand place to live. I had not connected the two, Davidson and Lake Norman! That brings a question to mind though. Since she and hubby were separated, had they done a property settlement and the house was in her name only? Was it paid for? The same questions would apply to a boat which they likely owned.

On one hand with the above factors considered, it points even more towards the boyfriend. However, the person that prepared those financial papers should have a name and signature on them, so LE could easily talk to that person to get an answer.

Wonder what the holdup is?

ETA: The holdup is that LE originally thought this was a suicide, sorry.

The gun on the chest is a giveaway. The recoil of the gun would have surely made the hand clutching it move AWAY from midline. And yet she is found in a very 'romantic' pose if you will.

The recoil would have been tremendous with a .357. I believe it would have thrown her arm either up or out away from her body. What a stupid murderer!

*I have a .357 and a .38. If I'm in bed and an intruder comes in, he's getting the .357 which will cause a tremendous amount of damage. I have a concealed weapon permit and the .38 is what I carry if I feel I need to. I hardly ever, ever carry a weapon, though.

I hope this intruder gets the death penalty whether it's the boyfriend, estranged husband, or whomever. I hope there is enough evidence to eventually charge someone. No way this woman committed suicide.

MOO

She didn't own on the lake. But her townhouse was very nice. I could see it from my work.

The recoil would have been tremendous with a .357. I believe it would have thrown her arm either up or out away from her body. What a stupid murderer!

*I have a .357 and a .38. If I'm in bed and an intruder comes in, he's getting the .357 which will cause a tremendous amount of damage. I have a concealed weapon permit and the .38 is what I carry if I feel I need to. I hardly ever, ever carry a weapon, though.

I hope this intruder gets the death penalty whether it's the boyfriend, estranged husband, or whomever. I hope there is enough evidence to eventually charge someone. No way this woman committed suicide.

MOO
I wonder what her experience was with the .357. Cannot imagine a woman shooting herself with that if she's familiar with it's power, assuming she did use standard .357 ammo... LE never said what kind of ammo was in the gun... Then again, cannot imagine shooting myself in the head with any kind of round.

I have a feeling LE never checked for her finger prints on the rounds in the gun... there should be prints, and if they were all wiped clean, I'd be very suspicious..
http://dmmoyle.com/simeans.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier
Back