NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I cant argue with this, but he paid the ultimate price for being so casual with his beautiful child. No question Shaniya did. He has to wake every morning knowing this...I wouldnt be him for the world. At the end of the day though, she and MAM are the guilty parties....they are the perps and Dad is for sure a victim of this nightmare.

I agree I know he does have to live with this and her sisters and brothers and aunt and other family, I know each one of them feel like they should have not let her go now, I dont pretend to know his reasoning but I would not have let her go anywhere, and I really feel for them , its not like we all havent made mistakes! or maybe that was his only option either way it horrible and I would never want to be in his shoes!

Don't go down the family blaming road. We know who did this - MAM and AD. Done.

There will be no tolerance for trying to place the blame at the family's doorstep. We all make mistakes, believe things we shouldn't, and try hard to do our best.

Salem

I am so happy this was found guilty..now that egg donor better be next.
This case has haunted me for years as it has others..that picture of her at the elevator will be with me forever. As a grandmother of a 3 yr old girl ..the love of my life, I feel such pain for Shaniya. Sweet girl, so much was denied you. Rest in peace with the angels.

Don't go down the family blaming road. We know who did this - MAM and AD. Done.

There will be no tolerance for trying to place the blame at the family's doorstep. We all make mistakes, believe things we shouldn't, and try hard to do our best.

Salem

NO YOU ARE ABSOULTLY RIGHT! I just remembered I sent my older daughter to my in-laws one summer for a week (her grandparents) and when I went to pick her up in Memphis, she had mosquito bites all over her and my mother in law said" she has been playing all up and down the street
all week Ive barely seen her " needless to say she has not ever visited again that was in 1989!

I've been so wrapped up in the end of school activities and such that when I check in, it's the Arias trial and so I missed the happy news that MAM is a CONVICTED murderer!

Now, for AD.........

I'm so glad to see that more people are finding out the good news. :seeya:

Oh, thank God for this verdict! I burst into thankful tears when I found out.

Now on to the egg donor. She WILL be found guilty as well. Too bad she couldn't have been charged with with murder also. She knew little Shaniya may not survive when she gave her to MAM. She didn't care.

The only consolation is that Shaniya has partial justice and that she is a beautiful little Angel in Heaven.

* I hope MAM gets the Death Penalty on Tuesday!

* Oriah, GB you. I am thinking of you.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/25/1259101?sac=fo.local
Shaniya Davis case puts focus on children at risk of abuse
Many children live in environments that put them at risk of abuse just as 5-year-old Shaniya Davis did before her abduction and murder.
The challenge is finding ways to protect and help them, child advocates say.
Shaniya was staying with her mother and brother in her aunt's mobile home in the wee hours of Nov. 10, 2009, when 33-year-old Mario McNeill came in and took her to a hotel room in Sanford. Her body was later found amid deer carcasses in a wooded area of Lee County.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/24/1259170?sac=fo.local
Kirby: Will Mario McNeill ask the jury for mercy?
Now comes the question.
Will Mario Andrette McNeill take the witness stand and plead for a jury to spare his life?
"Mr. McNeill will not be offering evidence," Harold "Butch" Pope told the judge in the waning days of McNeill's capital murder trial

Probably best for him. I wish they would give he would testify in AD's trial. it wont happen, but I can dream that one of them would show some remorse. At all.

Last I saw, AD was charged with first degree murder-has that changed again?

In addition to the first-degree murder charge, a Cumberland County grand jury also indicted Davis Wednesday on charges of indecent liberties with a child, child abuse, sexual servitude, rape of a child, sexual offense of a child by adult offender, human trafficking and misdemeanor making false police report.

This was from the indictment...

Oh thank God. Guilty!

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 55s
BREAKING: Mario McNeill has been found guilty of murdering #ShaniyaDavis

Thank you God. Thank you "The Cheese" :)

Now let me go back and se on what count.

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 50s
BREAKING: Mario McNeill has also been found guilty of taking indecent liberties with a child, kidnapping, human trafficking #ShaniyaDavis

SOB should never see day light again.

Breaking News: A Cumberland County jury has found Mario Andrette McNeill guilty of killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in November 2009. He was acquitted of kidnapping and raping her.

How could he be acquitted of kidnapping?
Maybe cause monster mom handed her over? :please:

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 15s

#ShaniyaDavis: Judge Ammons denies defense move to set aside verdict.

Motion for life without parole also denied.[/SIZE
]

LWOP also denied???? This animal should never be paroled.

McNeill found guilty of first-degree murder

McNeill was found not guilty of first-degree rape of a child, but guilty of first-degree kidnapping, human trafficking with a child victim, sexual servitude with a child victim, sexual offense of a child and indecent liberties with a child charges. He could get the death penalty during the sentencing phase of his trial.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9113490

He should get the DP and her mom should get life.

MAM was convicted of the kidnapping, as AD will be. The only charge that MAM escaped was the rape charge. Note he was found guilty of the other sex crimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back