NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My opinion, here it goes....I'm glad, I think the whole world needs to hear the awful details, She had to live it, poor little angel, I don't care how hard it is on anyone, and I want people to remember, I want parents to worry about their children, I want people to think twice about letting their kids go to an unsafe place .......and I am not pro DP, but I want to see the 2 evil ones .....Fry (how I wish they were in Texas) I would love a little General pop action, and some prison justice too! (one can only hope)

Thank you for your opinions. I respectfully would have to disagree with the opinion that the world needs to hear only because it won't. No cameras will be allowed in the court room and court documents/transcripts detaling what occured will most likely be sealed and/or the "details" blacked out (happened in the case of Sandra Cantu). The only people who will have to hear the details of what she went through, see pictures of her poor little body, pictures of her found amongst dead carcasses discarded like trash are those in the courtroom many of whom knew her, loved her, lived her and cared for her. I do understand where you are coming from I just thought if it were my daughter I wouldn't want to see that or hear over and over again how he brutalized her.

Thank you for your opinions. I respectfully would have to disagree with the opinion that the world needs to hear only because it won't. No cameras will be allowed in the court room and court documents/transcripts detaling what occured will most likely be sealed and/or the "details" blacked out (happened in the case of Sandra Cantu). The only people who will have to hear the details of what she went through, see pictures of her poor little body, pictures of her found amongst dead carcasses discarded like trash are those in the courtroom many of whom knew her, loved her, lived her and cared for her. I do understand where you are coming from I just thought if it were my daughter I wouldn't want to see that or hear over and over again how he brutalized her.

I really do wish it was more transparent, I do agree since you put it that way! I would want to know exactly what happened if it were my daughter , but, I would not want to hear it over and over again!

Great post.
I agree.

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 1m
So, recap: 8 of about 25 (estimate) potential jurors admitted to seeing/hearing/talking about McNeill trial since Monday. #ShaniyaDavis

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/04/11/1249788?sac=fo.local

Two more jurors were selected this morning in the capital murder trial of Mario McNeill, bringing the number of seated jurors to nine.

The seven jurors previously selected for the case are expected to be brought back to the courthouse on Friday because of concerns about possible exposure to news media

Ammons said he wants to bring the seven jurors back in and re-emphasize his orders to refrain from having conversations or reading and watching news about the case. He also said he would be repeating his instructions with other potential jurors.

One of those seated jurors called the courthouse today to say she would not be paid while missing work for jury duty. She said that would create a hardship. She is expected to be back in court Friday to discuss her situation with the judge.

Highlights of complete story at link posted above.

The trial should start as early as tomorrow or next week.

Looks like one juror was let go for work hardship so if I'm understanding its only 8 seated.

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 18m
Juror No. 5 excused. Military obligation. Seated jurors now down to 7. Judge not happy. #ShaniyaDavis

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 1h
Juror taken out of court Thursday after fainting said tobe fine by wife. In hospital having more tests. #ShaniyaDavis

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 2h
Appears that full jury of 12 regular jurors, 3 or 4 alternates, will not be filled by end of day #ShaniyaDavis case.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/04/12/1250067?sac=fo.local
Two more jurors seated for Mario McNeill's murder trial
Two more jurors were selected this morning in the Mario McNeill capital murder trial, while another was excused for military obligations.
As of 4 p.m. in the Shaniya Davis case, nine jurors have been seated - seven women and two men.
Three potential jurors, two women and one man, remained in the jury box. Court Judge Jim Ammons spent the afternoon going over instructions with the pool of 77 prospective jurors.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back