NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to feel worse about all this if it's even possible. So much of this whole thing doesnt add up. Whoever said this is going to get real bad is absolutely correct.

I dread what we are going to find out.

Ditto here. AD was more vile than MAM since she was the birth mother.
MAM was a go between for a fee, he could even have killed her on AD's instructions
IMO , she hated Shaniya, and was insanely jealous of her.
There for a minute I thought that the biodad gave her Shaniya because she was an embarrassment to his family but than I saw a picture of his murdered wife.
I would not be surprised if the Lockhart family has supplied AD with money over the years in order to keep informal custody of Shaniya.
You are right, it is possible that he did give her money to keep the angel.
Evil mom could have continued to want money, but she wanted the kid more then likely if pimping her was her goal then she would have more money. I still do not know where that selling the baby info came from. I still do not understand how coe was cleared so fast. I still do not understand why MM took the baby into a Hotel lobby knowing there are cameras, I still do not understand much.
but I am very suspicious of why AD said to Auntie "You'll never see SD again" and IMO she said it a week before the child was reported missing. Am I right about the time frame?

I had to walk away from this thread for a couple hours ........ clear my brain and calm my heart a bit.

What you speak of in your post is almost exactly what me and my husband have been discussing.

When I got back to the computer my husband had just come home from work and asked me if there was any new updates on the killer.

We sat down together in front of the computer and I went back a few pages and clicked on every link that was posted so that he and I could catch up.

Then, the analytical man that he is, he started asking me questions....saying he was playing devil's advocate.

His questions had me questioning this whole sad case.

The information about ED (Egg Donor) prostituting her daughter came from one person? MAM?
Just how reliable is MAM or was he trying to squeeze in a deal after being seen on camera in the motel?

If the only source of information about ED selling her daughter is coming from other low-lifes, how can we be sure there is any truth to that?

ED didn't appear to be an addict when Mr. Amity saw her in court.......no licking lips, no shaking, no excessive blinking...etc.

So I got to thinking....NOT that in any way do I absolve ED for her daughter's death, but what if, what if ED had seen so many cases on TV where the parents of a missing child end up on easy street.....fund raisers, etc. and she decided it would be an easy way to make a few extra bucks....either from the general public or Shanyia's Dad.

Maybe her crime is asking her friend to take the baby away for awhile so that she can garner some sympathy from the public.
Something goes horribly wrong and MAM does some quick thinking and comes up with the story about the selling of the baby because after all, he doesn't want to be in this alone, right?

These are just some of the things me and hubby were batting around while watching all the videos/news/vigil links.

I got to thinking of this myself, what If?? What if ED did prostitute baby out, but then he took her?? Was not supposed to, and MAM made up the whole story?? In any case I believe they the right people in jail for now

Just heard on HLN, by Michelle Segona, (sp)? that there are 4 surveillance cameras at the mobile home park, and people were observed coming out and looking for someone..:waitasec: WELL, why wouldn't those same cameras spot MAM leaving the trailer with the baby?:waitasec:

Also, in the news article posted on the last page here, it says she was taken out of school, mid October:waitasec::waitasec: If the Aunt didn't like the conditions where she took Sheniya, didn't like the way AD raised her children, witnessed these living conditions, only brought clothes for 2 days, had her taken out of school. something does not add up:banghead:

Please don't throw tomatos, but..... I would like to know on what basis they arrested the mother on these charges? They arrested Coe for kidnapping, and then they now say that the mother was the one who gave them that information, however, why would she tell them that when it doesn't even jive with the 911 call of her not knowing what happened and that the child was gone when she woke up. Did MAM tell them she was trafficing and prostitution? Did someone admit to being with the child? I mean how are they going to prove this? And why are the police arresting people in this town on the word of drug addicts, with no proof? I mean they had no proof that Coe took this child from the trailer park and they arrested him anyway?
Don't get me wrong, but this may become very important if there is a trial. All seems rather hinky to me.

I also don't like that the sister says that she was supposed to stay for 2 days, but the father said she was going to live with her. Something is wrong with this situation. Nothing is really adding up.

Yeah. Apparently that really was his fiance at the first presser.
15qc1ef.jpg

Legally??? what about the legal rights of a child to a safe environment?

I don't get it...when the crackhead momster made that threat, why didn't the dad's side of the family get the social workers (who they had contact with before) and /or the cops out there??

why weren't they out there to check on the condition of Shaynia?? that is a threat...to a child..

How did the dad/dad's family enroll Shaynia in school if they had NO paperwork?? Pray tell...I could not just walk in with a kid and enroll them

someone also "removed" her from the school roster it has been reported

is that what we should do?? just say, "oh well we have no legal recourse"...and leave a baby with a junkie in a h//llhole with felons and sewage and strung out egg donor??

Orginally it was portrayed that they were "giving her a chance"...the 3 weeks were up and it seemed that they then became concerned

but no...now we know it was right after Halloween....after a weekend...

I hate to say it but this COULD have been prevented....there were at least 2 almost 3 weeks that this could have been intervened...send in social workers, cops...drop a dime....demand to see Shaynia...I hate to say it but by that time she was probably already hurt and hurting....raped....

just go in that trailer....they were having people in and out....how many felons there??? Just the 2 felons consorting is enough to put both of their lousy butts back in prison

I am appalled that the family sat back and allowed this to happen

"Legal custody">>> pretty weak in light of what has happened

even if the dad's family fought and lost I would feel better....but to sit back and say "nothing we can do"???? It is heartbreaking

Ok, I'm not doing this again tonight.
I could go on and on about this not being dad's fault or aunt's fault.
But I won't. I've stated my stand on it and that will be that.

Ok just finished catching up and wanted to just say a couple things....

1. I think a lot of the inconsistencies regarding when she started staying with the momster (very suitable name by the way) and her going or not going school, can be explained as media mayhem. When a story like this breaks, the media outlets are rushing to print information or to be the first "source" to have breaking news, etc...etc. The problem with this is that a lot of information is not substantiated, is possibly reported wrong, and/or has some truthful info, but only the MEAT of the story is reported and other info left out. Thus leaving "us" scratching our heads wondering what is truth and what is exaggerated for a better story.

2. I read someone that stated the possiblity that the momster was falsely accused by MAM. He is the only one that said she "sold" her and that we shouldn't rush to judgment. I work in the legal world and follow quite a bit of criminal cases and have NEVER...heard of any child molester/kidnapper/murderer accuse the mother of selling the child to them as a defense. I doubt she would have been arrested if there wasn't more solid evidence that she was involved.

3. And finally....does anyone know what time the 911 call was made? I'm trying to figure out the timeline of when she could have went with MAM to when the momster called 911

IMO Oct 31 date makes sense because her Halloween outfit was somthing the Auny put together.........not momster!
It is a beautiful fairy? butterfly? SHANIYA looked so happy........photos on here somewhere............
we need a forum........this thread is a mess......please don't ask me to look for a link, I'll never find it now........

I believe it to be Oct. 31 also. Not only the pictures, but in the beginning I remember hearing she had been gone about 3 weeks. So that is about right.

JMO

You don't have to have legal custody, to make the decision, to make a phone call, to inform the father, of what happened regarding the conversation between AD and the aunt regarding Shaniya.

Do we know the aunt didn't call the dad???
Also, I don't think they realized how bad it was.
I'm sure they did not think momster would pimp Shaniya out and kill her.
IMO

Please don't throw tomatos, but..... I would like to know on what basis they arrested the mother on these charges? They arrested Coe for kidnapping, and then they now say that the mother was the one who gave them that information, however, why would she tell them that when it doesn't even jive with the 911 call of her not knowing what happened and that the child was gone when she woke up. Did MAM tell them she was trafficing and prostitution? Did someone admit to being with the child? I mean how are they going to prove this? And why are the police arresting people in this town on the word of drug addicts, with no proof? I mean they had no proof that Coe took this child from the trailer park and they arrested him anyway?
Don't get me wrong, but this may become very important if there is a trial. All seems rather hinky to me.

I also don't like that the sister says that she was supposed to stay for 2 days, but the father said she was going to live with her. Something is wrong with this situation. Nothing is really adding up.

I have asked myself the same question.
What I seem to be thinking at the moment (and that could very well likely change) is that when Coe was arrested, he started spilling everything he could to get himself out of this mess. Anything he knew about AD and what was going on, he told..
Then, LE approached AD with what Coe said...she buckled and admitted to things that led them further to charge her..
That is what she gets for throwing him under the bus to start with!

I am just shocked that people are making excuses about "custody".. if it was me...I would be over there....I would get the cops there, the social workers there

The people going in and out of that trailer were felons..that alone should be enough to get some sort of emergency order

just think....Shaniya was not snatched by some unknown stranger...nor were the dad's side of the family just suddenly alerted to this danger when the momster reported her missing...they had known for at least 2 weeks that the slob nasty egg donor was keeping her...her very words seem to be a threat

I don't care what you have to do....they should have done it

How about driving out there and making a scene...let the cops come...they would have found a little girl hurt and hurting.....they would have walked in on felons consorting, drugs....maybe even a known sex offender...bring it on

Some seem to feel that when one KNOWS a kid is in an unsafe environment, with unsafe people, there is nothing to be done....sorry I don't buy that

and if the cops and social workers didn't do the job...I hear there are lots of biker gange in NC>>> frankly I would have gone out to a road house and hired some...or gone to a gun store and armed up myself

Casey Anthony had legal rights to Caylee.....
I bet Susan and James Baker had legal rights to Paul and Nina years ago
and on and on

the legal system regarding kids is so badly broken that people have to act

IF actions had been taken maybe Shaynia could be in counseling now and the monsters would be in jail
or better yet....if action had been taken earlier the rights of the pig Antoinette could be terminated years ago

BBM

I am so shocked people are bashing and blaming innocent people when the only 2 we know of that committed a crime are in jail right now.
It's a respect issue IMO.

Ok just finished catching up and wanted to just say a couple things....

1. I think a lot of the inconsistencies regarding when she started staying with the momster (very suitable name by the way) and her going or not going school, can be explained as media mayhem. When a story like this breaks, the media outlets are rushing to print information or to be the first "source" to have breaking news, etc...etc. The problem with this is that a lot of information is not substantiated, is possibly reported wrong, and/or has some truthful info, but only the MEAT of the story is reported and other info left out. Thus leaving "us" scratching our heads wondering what is truth and what is exaggerated for a better story.

2. I read someone that stated the possiblity that the momster was falsely accused by MAM. He is the only one that said she "sold" her and that we shouldn't rush to judgment. I work in the legal world and follow quite a bit of criminal cases and have NEVER...heard of any child molester/kidnapper/murderer accuse the mother of selling the child to them as a defense. I doubt she would have been arrested if there wasn't more solid evidence that she was involved.

3. And finally....does anyone know what time the 911 call was made? I'm trying to figure out the timeline of when she could have went with MAM to when the momster called 911

They arrested someone else for kidnapping (Coe) with what looks like no evidence, just the word of someone else (the mother) according to police.

In reference to the other child listed on Mrs Lockhart's obit. First off, we have to remember they were only married 7 yrs---those kids were all quite young. I would assume at her death that the bio father of the girl got full custody. Maybe the kids had no more contact with the girl after that---Carey said that Cheyenne was close to Shaniya since she was her only sister. I'm sure there is a logical reason the oldest child is not mentioned. Brad had no rights to that child and maybe the father took her out of state or something.

The truth will come out in this case eventually - I have total faith in that. But, what I can't come to terms with is how easy it is for something like this to happen to the children in our nation/world. In the blink of an eye, even the sweet angels who have lived a protected and cared for life can be exposed to something so horrible that leads to their death. It just seems almost inconceivable, and if I didn't read about it over and over on this forum, I wouldn't have believed it.

We keep hoping that with each case, things will change and something will happen either in our judicial system or CPS system to prevent these occurrences.

Seriously, what will it take?

I have asked myself the same question.
What I seem to be thinking at the moment (and that could very well likely change) is that when Coe was arrested, he started spilling everything he could to get himself out of this mess. Anything he knew about AD and what was going on, he told..
Then, LE approached AD with what Coe said...she buckled and admitted to things that led them further to charge her..
That is what she gets for throwing him under the bus to start with!

I see what you are saying, however, Coe said after he was out of jail that he didn't think the mother had anything to do with it. I don't know. Im not saying she is innocent, however, I just have to wonder exactly what evidence they have that she was prostituting her daughter.

I got a question and don't bash me I am just wondering. I seen in the last video with the father that they are setting up a memorial fund in Shaniya name, what will that money go for, they didn't really say.

BBM

I am so shocked people are bashing and blaming innocent people when the only 2 we know of that committed a crime are in jail right now.
It's a respect issue IMO.

Respect is great...I would respect people who do whatever they can to prevent a tragedy

How is stating opinions and posting information bashing?? It seems if some people don't like the information that is posted they call it bashing

I just really wonder why AD called 911 at 6:53 AM or if the call could have been a factor in Shaniya's murder.

Maybe, as someone here suggested, another adult noticed Shaniya missing and that forced AD to call 911.

Depending on what really happened, there could be a few scenarios---she could have called MAM and alerted him to the 911 call (or left voice mail telling him); or the 911 call could have gone out on the scanner, and somehow MAM or a third party "buyer" (if there is one) found out. If there really was a third party "buyer", and he found out about the 911 call, that could have caused him to be a no-show or to call MAM and cancel.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is if, in the end, MAM killed her because there was no way for him to return her without implicating himself once the 911 call was made. Theoretically MAM would be implicated anyway, if Shaniya lived, because she could tell her dad on him, but he probably figured he could control or manipulate her as long as law enforcement wasn't involved.

Hopefully we will get more information soon.

ok, I'm done for now. Bringing my DD to a play at school.
See y'all later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member