NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

IIRC, mp manager (barbara) said she never saw her so never been out of the house seems right.

That fits with Coe's statement that he never saw Shaniya in the living room, which I took to mean that she never left the second bedroom. Given that she was not used to the conditions in that trailer, and the abuse that she was being subjected to, the last think that they would have wanted was to allow her outside where she might tell a neighbor about the sewage or the abuse.

Also, I believe that there was some confusion between Coe and MAM and what either the video or the neighbors saw. Perhaps they said something like "cornrows" or "dreadlocks" and LE had not yet connected MAM to the scene, leaving Coe as the obvious person.

Again, this could be wishful thinking but...AD's Arrest Warrant includes "Intent" in the charges. When AD was arrested, the police had MAM in custody, AD interviews, video coming and going, and interviews with other players such as Cole. They may have found things in the house (besides poop) that leads them to a sexual crime. If not, either the video of them leaving is revealing or they are relying on someone's account (MAM). Of course, he's going to posture himself as a delivery man doing as he's told. The autopsy evidence hopefully gives them enough to paint the story.

Someone was on earlier spent the day in Fayetteville. She was chatting with the locals and the gossip there is that charges will be reduced for AD. Doesn't mean anything really but interesting.

Usually I love being a detective pulling together theories, but sexual crimes against children are too horrible for me to think about. I want her to be given a drug and she died peacefully.

Due to a physical problem I'm having right now with my hands, I've not been able to read and post much lately. I'm trying to find out all I can in just a few minutes before I have to stop. Could you tell me if there is a link to the arrest warrant? TIA

Why have they not bailed out...LE is giving them enough time...
I believe SD didn't struggle because she thought she was being taken to meet her Aunt, or being taken back to her former life.I think MAM told her this.

At least AD is kept from the public and safe in jail...I wouldn't leave either if I were her.
Course, if I were her, I would have gouged my eyes with a plastic spoon and hung myself with my jumpsuit. MOO.

Due to a physical problem I'm having right now with my hands, I've not been able to read and post much lately. I'm trying to find out all I can in just a few minutes before I have to stop. Could you tell me if there is a link to the arrest warrant? TIA

Posted them both on page 18.
Hope you feel better.

Why have they not bailed out...LE is giving them enough time...
I believe SD didn't struggle because she thought she was being taken to meet her Aunt, or being taken back to her former life.I think MAM told her this.

Because they're broke azz lowlifes??? jmo

I agree. I imagine Shaniya being told *Don't do anything-I'm taking you to your Aunt Carey/Daddy. Do you hear me? Don't you make a sound.*
And Shaniya, being a child, probably a hoping, trusting, little 5 year old girl, complied,,,,so she could get to her Aunt/Daddy. jmo

Nope, if he is tried by the wrong county, automatic overturn of conviction...that would screw things up!

I don't have a link, but I called Cumberland County courthouse and asked...using a purely hypothetical situation with the same circumstances.

Would they also have a right to a speedy trial once the charges are filed? Maybe LE is getting all their ducks in a row. They know where the perps are, and they know they do not have the money to get out. So they can take all the time they need to go over the evidence before they charge them.

By default can't LE just assume she died where her body was found and get it over with before they screw the whole thing up!

I agree....I think there is more to the 'delay' than this or what they are saying...some more investigation they need to do before letting out the information from the autopsy perhaps...and they are just using this as an excuse. Looks like having her alive leaving the motel and then finding her body a few miles south of it in the same county would indicate she was killed IN that county. Especially if the autopsy shows she'd been dead a week. Now I suppose if the autopsy showed she'd been dead only a day or so, then yes, they would truly have a question as to where she died. But come on....WHO KNOWS where CAYLEE actually DIED....they STILL don't know exactly WHERE and that certainly didn't stop THEM...?! True it's a different state but still, I just think they're waiting for another reason entirely and this is just what they are putting out to the media so as to keep from having to give out any info they don't want out right now. Maybe it would alert someone out there who they're trying to find or something.

If MAM is drug,smut connected someone may go his bail and we will never see him again...Why are LE taking so long?? NO pressers today ....no murder charges...is he an informant? Something is not right?

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/19/953645

"Analysts at the State Bureau of Investigation crime lab are waiting for evidence in the Shaniya Davis case to arrive.

"The crime lab has not yet received evidence in this case but will process it as soon as the evidence is submitted to the lab," Noelle Talley, an SBI spokeswoman, said in an e-mail today.

Cumberland County District Attorney Ed Grannis said Wednesday night that issues involving lab work were needed before a decision could be made as to whether the death investigation of the 5-year-old girl would be handled by Grannis or Lee County District Attorney Susan Doyle."

By default can't LE just assume she died where her body was found and get it over with before they screw the whole thing up!

NO...Because if later it is discovered that she died else where they may throw the entire case out.
They have to be clearer before they start with more charges.
I do not want to see this case go south for any reason at all.

Looks the same to me.

In one photo, there is no pattern immediately in front of the elevator door. In the other photo, he is actually walking on a patterned carpet in front of the elevator door. Definite difference.

Nope, if he is tried by the wrong county, automatic overturn of conviction...that would screw things up!

I don't have a link, but I called Cumberland County courthouse and asked...using a purely hypothetical situation with the same circumstances.

What will happen if the place of her death is never determined?

After falsely accusing Coe nothing will surprise me... IF LE also overcharged AD, I will lose faith in their competency. :mad:

:parrot:

It's crazy taking too long ...he was reported as a person with a bright future, but chose a life of crime...I think with his recent arrest and release he may have been informing...something is taking too long for murder charges to be brought. She could bail out for 5 grand...unreal and him 10 grand..

I agree....I think there is more to the 'delay' than this or what they are saying...some more investigation they need to do before letting out the information from the autopsy perhaps...and they are just using this as an excuse. Looks like having her alive leaving the motel and then finding her body a few miles south of it in the same county would indicate she was killed IN that county. Especially if the autopsy shows she'd been dead a week. Now I suppose if the autopsy showed she'd been dead only a day or so, then yes, they would truly have a question as to where she died. But come on....WHO KNOWS where CAYLEE actually DIED....they STILL don't know exactly WHERE and that certainly didn't stop THEM...?! True it's a different state but still, I just think they're waiting for another reason entirely and this is just what they are putting out to the media so as to keep from having to give out any info they don't want out right now. Maybe it would alert someone out there who they're trying to find or something.

What if he took her home first? we really do not know.
I rather see then dot their I's and cross their t's rather then end up with no convictions due to a botch job.

#53 in thread #14

Authorities confirmed Tuesday that Davis is pregnant and that Clarence Coe is the father of the child.

I would assume they didn't do DNA test yet and that this info probably comes from Coe and Antoinettes mouth's?
They will take that baby away', right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member