NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WRAL was the primary news source for me on this case from the beginning. That and the Fayetteville Observer.

www.wral.com has a Shaniya Davis archive.

I'm hoping they cover the indictments and trials.

I think they will as soon as indictments begin.

Way back when, I posted a list of reporters to contact to keep hounding to keep on this case.
It's not LE and the judicial system that has frustrated us all (although some think that's the case, I don't believe it to be true.) It's the reporting- or lack thereof I should say. But as I have mentioned many times, both here and in other threads- silence does NOT mean LE is not working on a case. Sometimes it means exactly the opposite.

I think reporters on this case are respecting the investigation- I also think (knowing the community personally) that it is a very painful thing to, say, replay the video of Shaniya being carried out of the hotel alive. Or the video of her being found. Many in the area feel this is 'their' child.

It has been incredibly diffficult on LE. Can you imagine working on such a horrific case- and possibly drawing conclusion after conclusion as to the extent and range of what this might entail? Can you imagine having a child and working this case? It is exhausting and infuriating, and it is still your job to uphold the law and work with the DA to make sure the charges that you bring to the DA will stick and put an end to the extent of evil involved in a case like Shaniya's.

I think the reporters in the area don't know WHAT to do. They have been told to protect the integrity of the case because it is and always has been an open investigation. But they want to keep the public informed as well. I believe media coverage will pick up when the DA says it is ok to do so.

Justice for Shaniya will come. I have faith.

MHOO.

<Snip>
As for N.C. I would not trust how LE operates no matter what they say. <snip> .

BBM

As a resident of NC and an employee of LE (GCSD), I take offense at that statement. While the wheels of justice turn slowly, they do move forward.

Also, the Mom is walking around in street clothes because she made bond. That is the way the legal system works, no matter what state you live in!!

Justice will be served in this case!!! No one here has forgotten about Shaniya!! Far from it!

I think they will as soon as indictments begin.

Way back when, I posted a list of reporters to contact to keep hounding to keep on this case.
It's not LE and the judicial system that has frustrated us all (although some think that's the case, I don't believe it to be true.) It's the reporting- or lack thereof I should say. But as I have mentioned many times, both here and in other threads- silence does NOT mean LE is not working on a case. Sometimes it means exactly the opposite.
I think reporters on this case are respecting the investigation- I also think (knowing the community personally) that it is a very painful thing to, say, replay the video of Shaniya being carried out of the hotel alive. Or the video of her being found. Many in the area feel this is 'their' child.

It has been incredibly diffficult on LE. Can you imagine working on such a horrific case- and possibly drawing conclusion after conclusion as to the extent and range of what this might entail? Can you imagine having a child and working this case? It is exhausting and infuriating, and it is still your job to uphold the law and work with the DA to make sure the charges that you bring to the DA will stick and put an end to the extent of evil involved in a case like Shaniya's.

I think the reporters in the area don't know WHAT to do. They have been told to protect the integrity of the case because it is and always has been an open investigation. But they want to keep the public informed as well. I believe media coverage will pick up when the DA says it is ok to do so.

Justice for Shaniya will come. I have faith.

MHOO.

BBM

Thanks for the support for LE and NC. People have no idea what we see on a daily basis.

BBM

As a resident of NC and an employee of LE (GCSD), I take offense at that statement. While the wheels of justice turn slowly, they do move forward.

Also, the Mom is walking around in street clothes because she made bond. That is the way the legal system works, no matter what state you live in!!

Justice will be served in this case!!! No one here has forgotten about Shaniya!! Far from it!

And who set the bail so low that they/anyone would be able to meet it?
I am not here to offend you, really sorry you take offense.
but It does not change my opinion of the situation.

BBM

Thanks for the support for LE and NC. People have no idea what we see on a daily basis.

You're very welcome. I agree that many people do not realize what is seen on a daily basis; and I encourage any who are concerned about corruption or lack of fortitude from NC LE, to look instead at their own backyard (wherever we all live.)

As many have said about LE, social workers, DA's, juries, judges, activists etc- there are good ones and bad ones in nearly every dept in this country- some with agenda's of their own- but most with the agenda of upholding the law, and keeping communities safe.

If people are frustrated with how slowly the wheels of justice turn, they need to turn their frustration into legislation. The only way to change the system is to change the law.

Oh and FWIW, thank you Suthrnqt for working to uphold the law. It is not an easy job, folks.

Through NAMI I do work on changing Laws. Through my walks and fund raising, I do walk my talk. :D

Does not mean I have to stroke situations that I do not believe in, or swallow stories I do not buy.
NO I cannot buy how monster mom was set free :waitasec:
when a bail is set so low that a murderer can walk, something is not working right.

Not convinced that it is, no matter who posts that they work with LE.

LE has NOTHING to do with AD walking "free".

The judge set that bail. And we do not know his reasons.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming indictments. I believe LE has worked very hard on this case.
They have a lot of info. It will come out during the trials.

Patience is a virtue.

Through NAMI I do work on changing Laws. Through my walks and fund raising, I do walk my talk. :D

Does not mean I have to stroke situations that I do not believe in, or swallow stories I do not buy.
NO I cannot buy how monster mom was set free :waitasec:
when a bail is set so low that a murderer can walk, something is not working right.

Not convinced that it is, no matter who posts that they work with LE.

This is not directed to anyone in particular; let's all remember not to direct posts at a specific poster, but at the point of the post itself. I understand that to be part of the WS TOS.

We do not have any knowledge that AD murdered Shaniya at this point.

That is for a judge and jury to decide, because both AD and MA have been charged for different felonies at this point- we are awaiting indictments- and in the USA we are fortunate to be innocent until proven guilty according to law. Moo, of course.

If anyone has information that might pertain to Shaniya's case, I urge anyone to call it in.

Otherwise, I think we should leave this to LE and the judicial system to bring justice (whatever justice for Shaniya can be brought for her at this point.)

All moo, of course.

Some people DO swallow or buy anything LE has to say.
Some swallow or buy anything a judge has to say.
That is all fine...Let them.
I do not swallow or buy everything that I read.
I question many things.
there are no TOS about that, there can't be.
I have my own mind.

NO I DO NOT THINK THIS CASE IS GETTING THE BEST ATTENTION. :(
NOR do I understand why we can’t speak about some people that others
DO speak about openly throughout the internet.
MOO

Some people DO swallow or buy anything LE has to say.
Some swallow or buy anything a judge has to say.
That is all fine...Let them.
I do not swallow or buy everything that I read.
I question many things.
there are no TOS about that, there can't be.
I have my own mind.

NO I DO NOT THINK THIS CASE IS GETTING THE BEST ATTENTION. :(
NOR do I understand why we can&#8217;t speak about some people that others
DO speak about openly throughout the internet.
MOO

Because we are victim/victim family friendly.

Just one of the many things that makes WS better than all those other places on the net.

JMO

Because we are victim/victim family friendly.

Just one of the many things that makes WS better than all those other places on the net.

JMO

UBM
I agree that WS is better than most victim forums.
I DO NOT suggest at all that other sites that I have visited are NOT victim friendly.
I think they are just not up to the minute in most cases.
And WS is always up to the minute on all cases.

Anyone who wants to defend this case let them.
I am offended by this case and will not defend it at all.

I think we are ALL offended by this case.
It's a horrible case. It's HORRID.

A beautiful angel is gone forever. We are all here for Shaniya.

JMO

A bit O/T I know, but I came across this article this morning. An unspeakable, horrible crime against a three year old boy. He was sold by his mother and her friend to two men for meth. THREE years old!!! I am so disgusted by this, I cannot understand how a mother can do this. I never took drugs so I also dont understand the compulsion that drives these people, but I feel this crime deserves life without parole if not death. Its the lowest of the low. These precious children betrayed by their PARENT! Im just furious!

http://www.news9.com/story/14974736/drug-addicts-prostitute-toddler-for-meth

It's horrible suzyq and it happens WAY TOO OFTEN.
It's considered trafficking.

Horrible!

A bit O/T I know, but I came across this article this morning. An unspeakable, horrible crime against a three year old boy. He was sold by his mother and her friend to two men for meth. THREE years old!!! I am so disgusted by this, I cannot understand how a mother can do this. I never took drugs so I also dont understand the compulsion that drives these people, but I feel this crime deserves life without parole if not death. Its the lowest of the low. These precious children betrayed by their PARENT! Im just furious!

http://www.news9.com/story/14974736/drug-addicts-prostitute-toddler-for-meth

ITA
You have every right to be furious, I hope the child is safe and she is locked up.
just as monster mom should have been.

I know you know it is called trafficking. However, to know is just one part of the answer.
We must be vocal, we must contribute, and if and when possible, we must help in every way.
Maybe next year we can walk togther in NYC - it is such a taboo topic that it was hard to get sponsors :(
so taboo that it is IMHO sadly often left on the shelf.

People contribute in different ways.

I think we all know what a travesty this is whether we walk in NY or not. It's about public knowledge (which is what the walk is for).

We all can spread awareness the best way we can.

Shaniya's case has taught me a lot and I think about Shaniya daily.

Then, to find out BR, LA is in the top 10 in trafficking.
That's in my backyard.

We HAVE to get the word out.
Scream it to anybody who listens.

Tell everybody Shaniya's story and others like it.

It's not ok to pimp your kids out for a drug debt, a car note, rent, cigarettes .... Etc.

Children are our gifts from God. They are not assets or possessions.
They are not to be bartered.

They are gifts.

We are all here for the children.

RIP Shaniya! We love you baby.
And although we may not agree with all aspects of the case, we are all here for you.

Ah, my friends.... let's not dispute how much we all do, or don't do; we are all here for the same reason, and that is for Shaniya. Many of us have pursued justice for the victims of horrible crimes; and for an equal amount of different and all equally valuable reasons.

A prosecutorial united front, IMO, is always the best approach to bringing justice to innocent victims of terrible crimes. Let's help be that for Shaniya.

Let's remember that LE, and consultants of LE of all sorts reads here.

Let's remember that we all want justice for Shaniya, that none of us has forgotten her, and that this is a deeply emotional and complicated case that has had LE working around the clock since Shaniya was murdered.

No one needs to defend themselves, or their opinion, here. At this point, all we need to defend is justice for Shaniya- and that is in the process.

We are all horrified by the crimes that took this sweet child's life. Let's not interefere with the wheels of justice that are turning for her as we speak, but instead put our energy into positively changing whatever part of the system we believe is failing; and remain hopeful that Shaniya will somehow feel our compassion for her through our words and deeds- and our positivity that things can- and do- change.

Peace to you all.

Shaniya, you have changed our hearts forever.
We are all still here, working to prevent what happened to you from ever happening to another child again. It is possible. All things are possible with hope.

That is the point I'm trying to make.

Awareness is the key.

We can all do our part with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads