NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I had heard, in the beginning, that there was a CPS history with this mother and child...or was it concerning this mother and another child of hers ? Can't remember, but just the fact that CPS has been there before is disturbing. If CPS has been involved why were not more restraints placed on any visits ?

i'm looking around the ravine now...nothing of importance so far (on google, of course).
As far as laws go, too bad they're not in Texas....we just gave a woman 210 years for letting her bf molest her child, and he got five consecutive life sentences.
There are houses in this area...can I still hold out some hope?

AHH God Bless Texas!

kudzu-covered ravine off the highway that has me worried, could take awhile to search and it's getting dark soon. I used to live in Clinton NC verfy near all this. Freaken me out! So what is a ravine after all, a deep hole in the ground? When we lived there all I can think of is flat land in this area.

Shaniya_Davis_Motel.jpg

Does anyone know what he is holding in his left hand? The checkered item? Also, articles state that she was wearing some of Coe's daughter's clothing, yet it looks like she is wearing an adult t-shirt in this pic and maybe an adult jacket (no shoes).

I also read some posts where some wondered if he had taken her out by way of suitcase. If this is them entering the hotel, he does not have any bags with him whatsoever... so unless he met someone else in the hotel that had luggage, I don't think that would be the case.

If he were only there for an hour, I am thinking like others that he was not the one that rented the room but instead was meeting someone else there that had already secured a room.

I agree, it just looks he was making a delivery for a pre arranged appointment, like he might have done on previous occasions.
Maybe at same hotel, maybe another.
Wonder if hotel employee was involved also. It is not unusual for any hotel to have an employee(unknown to management) to secure a prostitute for a guest. May this has expanded to children now.

Hotels like that also have pretty sound proof walls between rooms. Also, they do have stairs besides the elevator when you leave the hotel.

Very good! Could also be elevator number 3 as well.

Could be...I've stayed at many Comfort Inns or Comfort Suites. It's primarily where we stay when we travel because most of them now are smoke fee (little one with asthma), they are affordable family type motels and we get points when we travel. In all of my travels I've never seen one of them that have more than one elevator. And I've stayed in some pretty big ones in Chicago and places like that. Just saying...

...(snipped)....
Look at the placard on the elevator where it shows what floor they are on. I know it's fuzzy and it may just be me, but doesn't that number look like a "3"?

If it is, then they were waiting for the elevator on the third floor which means they a leaving the motel and not checking in right?

Or maybe my eyes just aren't as good as they used to be....

I thought that, too, but now that I think about it, I think that had to be upon arrival. I'm thinking she might not have looked so placid when she left... :( ... I'm not sure LE has a video of them leaving together. I believe it would've been released as well.

As I understand it, Shaniya was seen leaving the trailer park in a vehicle with Coe, who must have then given her to McNeil at some point. McNeil then is captured with Saniya on video at a motel. That is where the trail ends in terms of what we know. If there is video of McNeil coming into the motel, I bet they know which room he visited, and who it was registered to. There has to be video of McNeil leaving - either with or without Shaniya. If he left without Shaniya, there has to be video surveillance of someone else leaving with her. If it isn't obvious how she left, then everyone that left that motel within the next few hours after Shaniya was videotaped with McNeil, needs to be questioned. I just keep hoping against all odds that little Shaniya will be found alive somewhere. Forensics and ground searches doesn't sound too good, however. All of this is just so sad.

This part bothers me. It looks like the hotel must be accessed through the lobby. It seems if LE has video of McNeil leaving with Saniya, they would release THAT to the public, not the video of the two ARRIVING. (because it established to the public that this is the last place she was seen alive and to keep their eyes peeled because she has LEFT this place).

If she left the hotel with someone else, it also seems LE would have released THAT video as well, stating she arrived with McNeil but now be on the look out for THIS GUY/LADY.

Also, the video shows them at the hotel elevator at 6:11am. LE states he was there about an hour (obviously they got this info by watching the surveillance video IMO) BUT the hotel worker called the police after seeing him with Saniya. So did he call ASAP, or wait? If he called ASAP and McNeil stayed an hour, where were the cops during this time? Just thinking out loud.

(Also this thread is moving fast and I see Im a few pages behind now so forgive me if someone else has brought these things up.

Finally got caught up on the posts again today. With all the talk of whether there is proof that MAM left the motel with Shaniya, I got to looking closer at this still of the surveillance video.

Look at the placard on the elevator where it shows what floor they are on. I know it's fuzzy and it may just be me, but doesn't that number look like a "3"?

If it is, then they were waiting for the elevator on the third floor which means they a leaving the motel and not checking in right?

MY GOODNESS, good catch, I think you are right. My guess is they would be on 3rd floor waiting to go down. A hotel this size most likely has only one elevator maybe two and the position of the number is where they post the floor numbers
Unfortunately this would def explain her leg position if she is leaving the hotel :furious:

Why would this fool do this knowing there are cameras? He is most likely a drug user or dealer (JMO JMO JMO) and they can be a paranoid bunch. Many things I just dont understand here!!!

Finally got caught up on the posts again today. With all the talk of whether there is proof that MAM left the motel with Shaniya, I got to looking closer at this still of the surveillance video.

Wow, good thought! I saved it to hard drive and played with it a little in a graphics program....if you blow it up and sharpen it a little it could possibly be either a 3, or a 5, but it could also be a G (for ground floor?) Sure doesn't look like a 1 though.

I agree on the three and if you look at the up and down buttons it looks like the down button is lit up.....jmooc

It's either a "3" or a "5" it's defiantly not an "L" or "1"! He's leaving with her!

Could be...I've stayed at many Comfort Inns or Comfort Suites. It's primarily where we stay when we travel because most of them now are smoke fee (little one with asthma), they are affordable family type motels and we get points when we travel. In all of my travels I've never seen one of them that have more than one elevator. And I've stayed in some pretty big ones in Chicago and places like that. Just saying...
From your experience, is it possible they could be seen entering the elevator on arrival but have left via a stairwell and avoided any surveillance cameras? I'm still wondering why only the arrival video has been released. MOO

That's what I've been getting at and fear, but unlike you and others I guess my eyes aren't able to make out a "3." Is anyone here able to zoom/enlarge photo?

:parrot:

In my mind this is 1st degree premeditated murder...

Can we have a "websleuths' court here? One where we determine the charges against children?

WS court would be great! They'd all go to the gallows!

Oh, I agree completely with you. I think it means third floor as well. I was just throwing out all possibilites. I've stayed at one as well and if memory serves it only had one elevator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21