NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I do see a stuffed animal now (this is a different pic I found). It looks like a spotted dog or something.

sd6.jpg

http://www.atg.wa.gov/page.aspx?id=23992

Domestic minor sex trafficking (DMST) is becoming a burgeoning risk factor for American youth:

One, gangs are finding that prostituting minors is a source of prestige and income. In fact, DMST is on the way to replacing drug as the source of revenue for gangs.
Two, traffickers are finding that American children are easier to recruit and sell than foreign victims because there is no need to cross the border.
It is usually adolescences that are sold into sex slavery aka human trafficking however it can be children. (snipped by me from article)

I was wondering if it has come out if McNeill has any gang affiliation? Gangs are getting into human trafficking just like they are in to drugs and prostitution.

I's about 5pm there now and am wondering if they are still searching as it must be dark.

This came out from AP about 15 minutes ago or so:

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/authorities-acting-on-tip-197998.html

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. &#8212; Authorities acted on a tip Sunday and scoured a portion of south-central North Carolina in hopes of finding a 5-year-old girl reported missing by her mother. <snipped>

Thank you... you know it's hard not to question whether news reports are playing fast and loose w the facts when in this we read eg,

"Surveillance footage showed Mario Andrette McNeill carrying Shaniya into a hotel room, and he was arrested and charged with kidnapping Friday."

What we saw was not carrying into a room, so either the hotel and LE have add'l camera surveillance footage showing another location (ie the actual entrance to a room) or they just assumed it's a room--vs an elevator which it clearly is.

:parrot:

I have checkered handkerchiefs from a nascar birthday party. Could McNeil be holding a handkerchief?

I noticed what I think is a diaper from the pics that you posted. These pics were very clear on my screen. The checkered thing does appear to be a stuffed animal, however, the white item on her leg is cut like a diaper.

So sad....

cap.jpg

diaper.jpg

2.jpg

I think it's a skull cap and a diaper

On Somer's thread there have been a lot of postings of RSO's. Almost all of them have smirks. I don't get it?

Anyone have any insights to the smirk on these 's faces?

Thank you... you know it's hard not to question whether news reports are playing fast and loose w the facts when in this we read eg,

"Surveillance footage showed Mario Andrette McNeill carrying Shaniya into a hotel room, and he was arrested and charged with kidnapping Friday."

What we saw was not carrying into a room, so either the hotel and LE have add'l camera surveillance footage showing another location (ie the actual entrance to a room) or they just assumed it's a room--vs an elevator which it clearly is.

Yeah she looks too calm.

Not that she hadn't been abused already at the trailer in the previous weeks though....

The "3" on the elevator.
2.jpg
I don't think that number on the elevator is indicative of what floor they are on.

I work in a hospital and our elevators are similar, however, I think they are numbered. We have three elevators on each floor, and they are numbered so that if one is malfunctioning (or stuck), they would know which elevator it was (i.e. the number).

That's what I'm thinking.

I agree in the bottom pics the white thing looks just like a diaper, but in the pic above it she appears to be holding it and it looks more like an undershirt.

If LE, whom I assume has seen more footage than we have, sees she has a diaper, then why in God's name would they be so nonchalant about her safety. Ugh.

I feel like a myself for typing this, Kiki, but maybe she can't walk. :(

Ok kelly I'm sorry, my bad... I guess I admittedly am hopelessly horrible at getting inside the heads of people who would do anything remotely like this.... dumb, naive, living in a fantasy world bird...

Maybe it was what was on her blanket. I seriously can't wrap my head around any of this. To be honest I've never heard of human trafficking until this case. Too unreal to think about. I am so weak when it comes to innocent babies that didn't ask to be born. Our system needs to find a way to stop Monsters from hurting our precious babies. I wish I knew what the answers were, but sadly I have no clue, besides stiffer laws for Perps that commit any crimes on children, and DCF to get more resources to protect these innocent babies (EX: Robert Manwill comes to mind) Now Shanyia, since DCF has been involved. Sorry for the rant.

Mothers selling their children's bodies for money to buy drugs is nothing new. Back when I did fostercare, it was fairly common, it just didn't make it on the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member