NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this tip just be something to stall time for AD and MAM?
Get attention off of these 2 and more time to get Shaniya out of USA???

I wish I could say that I hope this is the case, but honestly, either way you look at it, neither outcome will be good..:furious:

Back to the diaper (if it is a diaper...). I think he knew she was going to need one, and I hate to type out why but here goes: either from bleeding or incontinence after an assault, or from incontinence from when someone dies and their body releases all fluids, etc. I can't believe I just wrote that... But I think he knew that when he left he needed a way to contain her bodily fluids for some reason.

If it's true that her body was dumped so close to the hotel, then it's possible that he took her there to kill her: privacy, as well as minimizing her DNA in his vehicle. Or she may have died during "whatever", he caught wind of the 911 call, and knew he needed to unload her ASAP.

I feel sick in my stomach. What monsters. :furious:

The way she is holding her legs as she's being carried REALLY disturbs me. IMO She's not tired or groggy. She's in pain and shell shocked.

I believe she was assaulted before she ever left the trailer. I think there was significant damage done to her that required a diaper. If she had been torn and bleeding....or her bowel perforated, sepsis is a real concern. It may be that the damage done "turned off" the perp and he ditched her.

Why would they care now if she gets out of USA???
They are toast.

I meant the people that are at the top of recieving Shaniya into
trafficing her........if they have her and she is still alive.
Tipster may be just wasting time for others.
Unless MAM confessed and said he did that!

Why would they care now if she gets out of USA???
They are toast.

If they never find her, they can't prove anything. Or, they will have a hard time with a case against them regarding prostitution/sexual assault. :(

Help! What diaper?

There's been speculation about whether or not MM was carrying a diaper in the video at the elevator. I've decided that he was. Here's my previous post on this thread with some close-ups:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4439356&postcount=9"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #9[/ame]

I meant the people that are at the top of recieving Shaniya into
trafficing her........if they have her and she is still alive.
Tipster may be just wasting time for others.
Unless MAM confessed and said he did that!

Oh, Ok.
I thought you meant MAM and AD.
Now I get what you are saying.

I have a question and perhaps it's been answered, but I haven't seen

Can a human trafficking charge be a single instance of child prostitution? You know how kidnapping charges can be brought against someone who merely moves someone across the room against their will? Could the human trafficking charge be less a part of a conspiracy to sell her into ongoing sexual servitude and more about this mom pimping her daughter out one time? She takes drugs/money/whatever else and allows him to have his way with her? Then he disposes of her.

It's horribly sad, but I just have never been able to buy that these pieces of trash had the connections or the intelligence (I think it would take some) to sell Shaniya into the system. I think "human trafficking" brings up images of sex slaves and shipping the girls overseas and these girls working into adulthood. As much as it saddens me, I think this was never intended to get that far. So my question is: would one single prostitution act on Shaniya by her mother for compensation fall under the definition?

i just wanted to say i am heartbroken over this case. i've been lurking for awhile now but finally signed up to post...this is crazy, i hope they find her :eek:(

:Welcome-12-june:

Glad to have you here.

I have a question and perhaps it's been answered, but I haven't seen

Can a human trafficking charge be a single instance of child prostitution? You know how kidnapping charges can be brought against someone who merely moves someone across the room against their will? Could the human trafficking charge be less a part of a conspiracy to sell her into ongoing sexual servitude and more about this mom pimping her daughter out one time? She takes drugs/money/whatever else and allows him to have his way with her? Then he disposes of her.

It's horribly sad, but I just have never been able to buy that these pieces of trash had the connections or the intelligence (I think it would take some) to sell Shaniya into the system. I think "human trafficking" brings up images of sex slaves and shipping the girls overseas and these girls working into adulthood. As much as it saddens me, I think this was never intended to get that far. So my question is: would one single prostitution act on Shania by her mother for compensation fall under the definition?

I don't know. The cases I am familiar with involve the "one time use" of a child for cash or drugs. The mother was basically the pimp.

I'm thinking the mom laid her on the sofa to be used by the perp, he did then the perp took off with her. Mom reported her kidnapped. I doubt a large sum of money and a organized international child trafficking had anything to do with it.

...(snipped)...

Can a human trafficking charge be a single instance of child prostitution? ...(snipped).... So my question is: would one single prostitution act on Shaniya by her mother for compensation fall under the definition?

I wondered the same thing so I looked up the definitions under NC law and posted them on a previous thread. The human trafficking charge seems pretty broad but it does say that it can't be combined with another charge - am I reading that correctly to assume that you can't charge her for human trafficking and prostitution for one act of prostitution? Any legal minds here?

http://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_14/gs_14-43.11.html
North Carolina General Statutes

§ 14‑43.11. Human trafficking.
(a) A person commits the offense of human trafficking when that person knowingly recruits, entices, harbors, transports, provides, or obtains by any means another person with the intent that the other person be held in involuntary servitude or sexual servitude.
(b) A person who violates this section is guilty of a Class F felony if the victim of the offense is an adult. A person who violates this section is guilty of a Class C felony if the victim of the offense is a minor.
(c) Each violation of this section constitutes a separate offense and shall not merge with any other offense. Evidence of failure to deliver benefits or perform services standing alone shall not be sufficient to authorize a conviction under this section.
(d) A person who is not a legal resident of North Carolina, and would consequently be ineligible for State public benefits or services, shall be eligible for the public benefits and services of any State agency if the person is otherwise eligible for the public benefit and is a victim of an offense charged under this section. Eligibility for public benefits and services shall terminate at such time as the victim's eligibility to remain in the United States is terminated under federal law. (2006‑247, s. 20(b); 2007‑547, s. 1.)

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByArticle/Chapter_14/Article_27.html

Prostitution.

§ 14‑203. Definition of terms.
The term "prostitution" shall be construed to include the offering or receiving of the body for sexual intercourse for hire, and shall also be construed to include the offering or receiving of the body for indiscriminate sexual intercourse without hire. The term "assignation" shall be construed to include the making of any appointment or engagement for prostitution or any act in furtherance of such appointment or engagement. (1919, c. 215, s. 2; C.S., s. 4357.)

The way she is holding her legs as she's being carried REALLY disturbs me. IMO She's not tired or groggy. She's in pain and shell shocked.

I believe she was assaulted before she ever left the trailer. I think there was significant damage done to her that required a diaper. If she had been torn and bleeding....or her bowel perforated, sepsis is a real concern. It may be that the damage done "turned off" the perp and he ditched her.

NJ - I'm with you on this one. :furious: Could they be making up the "selling" story just to try to "prove" that it was someone else who assaulted her??

yep after studying all the facebook pages mentioned and the news articles about his first wife....this poor man has seen tragedy and yes he definitely has other children....

what I am a bit confused about is it has been mentioned that he travels a fair bit so who looked after shaniya and the other kids??? is it his family...this hasnt been mentioned yet..........

also after looking at the facebook pages of the family of his first wife, they look to be extremely decent people and they have links to churches and ministries.....also the background of his other daughters facebook page and the background of shaniyas photo (in the white dress) and someone mentioned his address is in a good area, shaniya was obviously being bought up with decent people and very nicely (and the other kids).......how did he end up with this scum bag in the first place???? (i know he said it was a one night stand) and how did he not know the mum was living in a run down trailer in a bad area..........dont they live in the same town if the sister dropped her off.......I mean when you live in town you know the good and bad areas.....

Same questions here revampz! On one of the morning shows it was stated that the Dad's sister (on the show as well) cared for Shaniya.

Like all of you, while trying to figure this case out...I NEVER expected this! My heart is aching for this little girl and I want her found NOW! There is no sentence harsh enough for those involved...including those that just "looked the other way" or just "kept their mouths shut." I want real JUSTICE for Shaniya. Okay...off my soapbox..

I don't post much, but as I've stated before, little Caylee brought me here and I read and read and read all the cases. You guys are amazing. I do have a question that I hope doesn't break any rules. Regarding FB accounts...how can I see the FB pages without being a "friend" ...as mentioned above?

Websleuths rocks!

Why would a 5 year old be holding a diaper when she was last "allegedly" seen in pink underwear?

I don't think she had on the pink underwear. I think those became history at the trailer, when something happened there to cause feces on the blanket. I think the diaper in the video (if it's a diaper) was for him to change her into again, after he was finished doing "whatever"... :furious:

I probably won't contribute much sleuthing. These threads move like a train, I can't even keep up. I do have plenty of opinions to contribute. :furious:

Good am all... if I understand Mark Klaas (who explained trafficking in a video posted yesterday a thread or two back) trafficking means the involuntarily part.

Do we have word yet of the search underway again this am?

:parrot:

I don't know. The cases I am familiar with involve the "one time use" of a child for cash or drugs. The mother was basically the pimp.

I'm thinking the mom laid her on the sofa to be used by the perp, he did then the perp took off with her. Mom reported her kidnapped. I doubt a large sum of money and a organized international child trafficking had anything to do with it.

That sounds plausible. That also might explain why he felt that he could brazenly walk into a hotel with Shaniya: he paid the mother so that he could rape the child so he thought he could do whatever he wanted and the mother would never call the police to report her missing because she herself was complicit in the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000