NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The trafficking could have happened in the days before her death.

Yes, exactly. Which means she wasn't involved in the kidnapping perpetrated by McNeill. Two unrelated crimes. Which changes the whole picture.

The post I replied to said he took her to the hotel, did his thing, bathed her and then took her our of the hotel.
SO to that I wonder why he would have bothered to bath her if he was planning to harm her even more.
I have no clue what may have happened I just think Antoinette did harm her child. the father was negligent.
and the Human trafficking part of this case will hopefully cut our losses in half - will it clear it up NO. but maybe it will curb it. this case should put more LE on the force, more jobs are required to get more...this is horrific and huge....I was reading that we lose 200-300,000 children a year to this sex slave trade. :furious:

songline, it makes me cry to no end. They're not even able to make a dent in it! It's so disheartening.

Is it possible the information about AD selling her came from Coe, and that cooperation is one of the reasons he was cleared and released so quickly? It seemed almost abrupt to me. If Coe and McNeill are singing the same song in that respect, with MAM denying the actual rape/murder, then maybe AD was poly'd or they're holding her based on the word of two witnesses with corroborating stories?

I believe this was MAM's story when he was first arrested. He admitted only to taking her but not kidnapping (meaning he had mom's permission).

I can't find a link in this mess, but IIRC it was in a news article about clothing being found in park after the blanket was found and it was undies.
Then all she had on was the T sleepshirt.......bare legs no shoes etc in photo by elavator.
It's been mentioned several times.

Thanks, I must have missed that. I hadn't heard it before at all. Wish we could find a link!

IMO they will drop the kidnapping charge once they file murder and rape charges. They did not know at the time Mom handed her over.

Kidnapping can also be defined by intent.
Removing/detaining a person for intent of nefarious activities.
You can lure an adult away under false pretenses and end up with a kidnapping charge. Momster cannot consent to have her child taken for the intent of raping her.... so it could be a legal interpretation, or it could be removed later. I think you will see it stand though.

Whether momster said he could take her and rape or not, he took a child from her home with the intent to commit a crime. I believe that will fulfill the kidnapping requirement on either side of the table.

NG is on Joy Bahar show now! HLN again.......maybe she will talk more about Shaniya.

I'm confused about what exactly it is that AD did. MAM's warrant plainly states that he took Shaniya, a minor under the age of 16, without permission from her parent. Given that MAM did not have AD's permission to take Shaniya, then what exactly is AD's role in this? Her charges and his charges are completely contradictory. Either she trafficked Shaniya to him or she didn't. If she did, he couldn't be charged with kidnapping because AD gave her to him. Yet he is charged with taking her without the permission of AD. AD's part in this thing is not clear and until it is I really can't form an opinion about felony murder charges for AD.

Along w 911 call, this is one reason I speculated in the past that while AD may have even admitted selling her daughter to MAM to be raped, perhaps not necessarily to take Shaniya anywhere(?) Theoretically therefore I suppose she could be guilty of trafficking and prostituting and he of kidnapping her child w/out permission (?) But I am feeling more confident now that they actually have AD on video handing her over to MAM--in which case a little hard to claim he was "kidnapping." :rolleyes:

NG talking about child prositution.....found a 12 year old made up like a 30 year old woman.
It happens ALLOT in USA!!!

Along w 911 call, this is one reason I speculated in the past that while AD may have even admitted selling her daughter to MAM to be raped, perhaps not necessarily to take Shaniya anywhere(?) Theoretically therefore I suppose she could be guilty of trafficking and prostituting and he of kidnapping her child w/out permission (?) But I am feeling more confident now that they actually have AD on video handing her over to MAM--in which case a little hard to claim he was "kidnapping." :rolleyes:

Exactly. The problem I have with that though is that if AD handed her over voluntarily, why did she call 911? That doesn't fit with a voluntary handoff. A lot of pieces are missing right now.

Must go and relax, get a wine maybe and come back when I'm not so mad!
May Shaniya get JUSTICE all the way tomorrow!!! (everyone who hurt her!)
I see a few more arrests on little things involved after her burial. IMO

Wow I don't think Joy has ever really watched Nancy's show? Nancy was talking to her like she does defense attorneys for a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed