NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that the furniture had been moved during the time LE was processing evidence. The photos came after that.

There are times my kitchen is a mess after cooking a holiday dinner.

Since Michele Sigona took copyright on the photos, this leads me to believe, like you Tom'sGirl, that the photos were taken "after the fact". If they were police photos we wouldn't be looking at them right now.

Here are snippets of news articles about the murder from Google Archives. You have to pay to see archived articles. Horrific crime - Brad and his in-laws were there everyday for the trial.

`NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO LIVE THEIR LIVES'

Byron Coleman has seen too much death.All those friends who died while he was a Marine in Vietnam.

His own son, blown off the USS Roosevelt by a blast from an aircraft engine in 1990.And now this.The bodies of his daughters, Channel Coleman and Vickie Sue Lockhart, were found in the kitchen of a home on Graham Road shortly after 1 a.m. Wednesday.

Vicki had been working as a clerk at the Day's Inn in Fayetteville. ... Vickie, her husband, Bradley Wayne Lockhart, and their three children had moved into the Coleman home

Why have to murder somebody and rob them of their life?'' ... Mr. Coleman said Fayetteville has changed so much in the five years he has lived here. ...

2 describe triple murder
Tyrone Parker lifted his shirt and showed the jury where the shotgun blast slammed into his side, just under his arm. The man who did it, he said, was sitting just across the room. ''I felt the barrel touch my head. At that time, I started praying,'' Parker said. ''He stuck the shotgun into my left side and pulled the trigger. I just fell to the

Complete Article, 819 words ($2.95)

Wow, so his son and 2 daughters were all tragically killed. Poor man. :(

Is it possible they were wrong, or that they aren't showing up because she wasn't convicted?
Not to really slam LE, but it wouldn't be their first mistake this case.

Here is a new article and in it they say she was not convicted.

A sheriff's spokeswoman said Davis had been arrested in the past on drug and prostitution charges, but she was not convicted.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/20/953940

Thanks.

I saw the document for the arrest for weed, but I didn't see prostitution on it. I don't have that link anymore so I will have to search again.

Is it possible they were wrong, or that they aren't showing up because she wasn't convicted?
Not to really slam LE, but it wouldn't be their first mistake this case.

Well since the info came from the Sheriff's spokesperson .... etc., etc.

http://news.mync.com/site/news/stor...thorities-search-for-missing-5-year-old-girl/

SHANIYA'S LAW

please read the post that mentions this..is the problem,much deeper than just this case?
The poster seems to have an issue with the way the state seems to be handling these type of cases...I hope if there is a type of "wearing blinders" to this horrific type of crime that maybe this case will spark a national awareness campaign.....still holding out hope for a date to do a Million March for Klass and get laws passed that SO cannot live within a 10 mile area of a school...

There are times my kitchen is a mess after cooking a holiday dinner.

Since Michele Sigona took copyright on the photos, this leads me to believe, like you Tom'sGirl, that the photos were taken "after the fact". If they were police photos we wouldn't be looking at them right now.

I ran and made sure my kitchen was clean after the photos came out. I assumed Barbara was in on the photos being displayed - she probably was taking them for the eviction hearing. Possibily to financially benefit also?? IMO

Is this the arrest warrant for AD or is there another one that was posted?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4429748&postcount=329"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NC- Amber Alert issued Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #4[/ame]

I just read an interesting post on another site. One of the locals wrote that they believe MAM took Shaniya at 5:30 PM the night before. That's why AD first says "last night'...um..5:30". Then she just agreed with the operator and changed it to 5:30 AM.

They also think AD got scared at 3AM when Shaniya wasn't back and staged the kidnapping, that was the noise the neighbor heard. Then she called 911.

go to: http://news.mync.com/site/news/stor...thorities-search-for-missing-5-year-old-girl/
then go down to "comments", about the 3rd comment.

This does make sense. There's more also, just read.

I've seen many comments about "how can this happen with so many adults looking after Shaniya?" I think it's b/c when there are that many people, everyone assumes someone else is in charge. In our community someone passed around "tickets" one time to be used during the summer at pool parties, the beach, etc - for a parent to hand to another adult if they had to go to the restroom, etc - that put that adult specifically in charge of their child until they returned. More children drown when *groups* of adults are around than when with one adult: there's the assumption that the more eyes, the better. That's true, but only if the eyes are really watching.

Hope this makes sense. I think it's easier for a child to fall between the cracks when there's no one single person taking charge. I have a feeling that alot of people took care of Shaniya but none of them felt "in charge", or the one that did feel "in charge" wasn't around much. MOO

You're being very generous, belimom :) And while there is some truth to this, IMO it applies more in situations where there are not the obvious red flags and such visible warning signs. In those instances--whether it's simply a father who's always traveling, or lack of stability, not attending school, burns and more obvious alerts, it's a little lame for anyone to simply claim "Oh I thought you were calling CPS," or "Wow gosh I thought AD was taking Shaniya to school." :rolleyes: Everyone seems to have noticed soonafter Ty was no longer around eg to help w Shaniya, that she was no longer being cared for in an adequate manner. And as far as all the people who questioned injuries, it was implicit upon each and every one of them to intervene.

Personally I don't believe anyone just thought someone else was stepping up and taking responsiblility, I think none of them cared enough to take action, or feared dad, and/or he's been making a concerted effort to keep up appearances and convinced them there was no problem. I'm saying I believe it was more willful and intentional vs a mere communication problem. I'm not letting them all off that easy. And given he and CLD knew at a minimum that AD was neglectful and the issues she said arose between them from AD not being a responsible guardian, the buck ultimately stopped w BL. JMO

:parrot:

I'm sure they worked (somewhat) collaboratively on the obituary - someone probably contacted the other side and asked for names/cities.

I believe it's pretty obvious it was AD's family who did this obit... and for the forementioned issues (friction and hard feelings between AD and CLD) CLD was omitted.

:parrot:

I ran and made sure my kitchen was clean after the photos came out. I assumed Barbara was in on the photos being displayed - she probably was taking them for the eviction hearing. Possibily to financially benefit also?? IMO
Merely being cluttered usually isn't grounds for eviction unless the clutter poses a fire hazard or leads to an infestation of bugs and/or rodents. The sewer problem would be though. MOO

Merely being cluttered usually isn't grounds for eviction unless the clutter poses a fire hazard or leads to an infestation of bugs and/or rodents. The sewer problem would be though. MOO

Sewer problem would be the landlords responsibility if reported.

I just read an interesting post on another site. One of the locals wrote that they believe MAM took Shaniya at 5:30 PM the night before. That's why AD first says "last night'...um..5:30". Then she just agreed with the operator and changed it to 5:30 AM.

They also think AD got scared at 3AM when Shaniya wasn't back and staged the kidnapping, that was the noise the neighbor heard. Then she called 911.

go to: http://news.mync.com/site/news/stor...thorities-search-for-missing-5-year-old-girl/
then go down to "comments", about the 3rd comment.

This does make sense. There's more also, just read.
Wouldn't video from the mh park give the best timeline when she actually was taken from there? Good theories, though, why AD couldn't get the time of day right on the 911 call. MOO

and the rest of the story about his wife and her sister's murder:

Police reports stated that two men broke into the home with the intent to rob Joe Epps who had received almost $20,000 in a settlement the year before." They thought it was in the house," said mother Sheila Epps. "The money was in the bank, but my son may have bragged about having it."

Police reports stated that the killers ambushed the five occupants after one of the victims let them into the home around 1 a.m. Each person in the home was shot several times after being bound and gagged. Sheriff Deputies were summoned to the home at about 1:24 a.m. after Malin freed himself and escaped through a bedroom window and went to the duplex apartment next door, where the landlord lived, and they called 911.

This looks like the other rest on the story.
See link and second comment. Sorry , could not locate the original article.

http://wake.mync.com/site/wake/news/story/44544/

Looks like drugs were involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members