NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely nothing!!!
The preacher spoke of coming together, Shaniya bringing them all together no matter if they were black or white, what denomination they were..
Nothing Racial AT ALL!!
Amen;We sure need an Amen button here!!!!!

I tried to wait until after the service was over to say this...

I'd just like to say that I am shocked at some of the horrible disrespectful posts that were posted during this service.
This is a service for Shaniya by her family. It is what they beleive. Not what anyone else does.
As the dad was walking into the service, someone just couldn't beleive he had SUNGLASSES on. So what??? What difference does that make????
What does it matter that dad wore sunglasses, or said God is good?
This was his goodbye to his daughter. Why do some people here feel this is the time to pick BL and the whole service apart???
In the faith of those who officiated, they beleive this is a celebration of life. It is a going home service. They see this as a good thing. That she is with our Lord.
Not everybody thinks funerals are sit down, cry, wipe tears and listen to sad songs.
Many people also use funerals as an oppurtunity to reach out to lost souls. That's why they talk so much about forgiveness and such. They want everyone in the church to "get right" now before it's too late. This is a beleif. Maybe not yours, but theirs.

God bless this entire family. All of those who knew and loved Shaniya.

I really wish some of these comments would have been posted AFTER.
Very disrespectful IMO.

Mine is gone too, now says "The live video has concluded, will be replayed momentarily". What?! It wasn't even over yet!

Having seen the first hour and 23 minutes, I really wanted to see the end of the funeral too.

However, if her classmates were bearers, it might not be ok to film them and maybe that's the reason they stopped it? I have to respect that, though.

Female speaker:

"you have loved me from day one
and it has never been for show"

"in my eyes and in my heart
we both know you did the right thing"

"dad.. you provided for me and helped me in this earthly race"

"thanks for everything daddy
halleluja.. i'm free!

poem in memory of Shaniya to Daddy
Byron has also said in the NG interview that she was a daddy's girl.....
Aunt Carie has said it in her way.
Who are we to say otherwise.

I too do not agree with having sent her to Mom.
But it can not negate that she had some great times too.

I chose to quote your post instead of a negative post because the poem is beautiful.

Racial tension was my word and maybe that isn't what I should have said. I don't have any idea what specific sentence they spoke made me say that, it was NOT when they were talking about coming together, it was before that. But I went back and edited my post because like I said, it may have been a wrong opinion and I have no quotes. Let's drop it.

Regarding the sunglasses, I'm originally from the rural South... It's very common for sunglasses to be worn, to hide swollen eyes, whatever. Just wanted to share that.

This was hard to watch but I'm left shaking my head. Praising the Lord and forgiveness are all well and good but where was the cry out for people to rise up and put an end to these crimes. The family had a perfect opportunity to address the entire world and absolutely nothing was said. As long as people refuse to become involved and DEMAND change children will suffer. It has to stop.

I thought the service was nice. I would have rather heard more about Shaniya, and sticking with the "celebration" I would have loved to hear stories about her life by the people who loved her, and were around her most.
Aunt Carey's words were beautiful!
Bless Byron's heart.
Where dad is concerned, I find comfort in knowing that this 5 year old child did love her father. Despite the way I feel about him, she loved her daddy.. despite what her mother done to her, I can imagine she loved her too..bless her little heart, she didn't have a clue..
I have seen tributes such as the poem written on behalf of Shaniya before. I thought it was really nice, and could imagine a 5 year old saying things such as that..
I have my feelings about the negligence but when it comes to God and another man's faith, I stay away...that is just the way I am personally..

Racial tension was my word and maybe that isn't what I should have said. I don't have any idea what specific sentence they spoke made me say that, it was NOT when they were talking about coming together, it was before that. But I went back and edited my post because like I said, it may have been a wrong opinion and I have no quotes. Let's drop it.

The uncle that was the first to speak did not say the words, but lead me in that direction. MOO.

I don't think anyone should be judging B.L. he did not do this to his daughter. The choices that he made he has to live with the rest of his life, just as we all do. Judge not or least you be judged
Amen;

I only mentioned the sunglasses, for others watching, it made him easier to spot.
I saw nothing wrong with that. He's a man, men usually hide their tears.

Who decides if a funeral is private? I didn't know they could be publicized. It's new to me. Seems strange to discuss a funeral. It seems like such a private moment and a time for family and friends to say goodbye, but I guess different cultures/religions see it differently.

I'd just like to say that I am shocked at some of the horrible disrespectful posts that were posted during this service.
This is a service for Shaniya by her family. It is what they beleive. Not what anyone else does.
As the dad was walking into the service, someone just couldn't beleive he had SUNGLASSES on. So what??? What difference does that make????
This was his goodbye to his daughter. Why do some people here feel this is the time to pick BL and the whole service apart???
In the faith of those who officiated, they beleive this is a celebration of life. It is a going home service. They see this as a good thing. That she is with our Lord.
Not everybody thinks funerals are sit down, cry, wipe tears and listen to sad songs.
Many people also use funerals as an oppurtunity to reach out to lost souls. That's why they talk so much about forgiveness and such. They want everyone in the church to "get right" now before it's too late. This is a beleif. Maybe not yours, but theirs.

Very disrespectful IMO.

It was I who wrote that and I'm very sorry that I offended you. My only reason for saying that was because I took it as a sign that he wanted to hide his eyes, since he probably looked very "worn".

Many of us did an attempt at "live" posting and sorry, but this is what happens.

I have tried to keep the posts down today in regards to detail discussions and digging and have also tried to influence others to do the same.

Very disrespectful IMO.

I completely agree. Just didn't know how to voice it as well as you did. Nitpicking someone else's family's funeral just feels.. wrong.

I think they cut out when they did to allow the family to bury her in peace.
I was a bit uncomfortable with it myself, and that is why I did not post many of Carey's words.

Who decides if a funeral is private? I didn't know they could be publicized. It's new to me. Seems strange to discuss a funeral. It seems like such a private moment and a time for family and friends to say goodbye, but I guess different cultures/religions see it differently.

The Family decides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member