NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Karen!

Just going through the warrant and in the first sentence the cops says McNeil checked in with a small child that looked like Shaniya Davis.

bbm. Boy, if that is the case, he sure took a big chance going in and trying to rent room that early.

I'm in agreement with some other posters, that the room was rented the prior day by someone else. However, I don't think he used the side door or else the hotel employee would not have seen him with Shaniya.

I feel so stupid asking this because I am not a newbie/ but can someone tell me what BBM means?

TIA

That's what I'm thinking.
Or he knew it was a common deer dump site and he thought the deer would throw off the dogs if they used them. I don't know if he would know anything about dogs....other than the drug sniffing variety.

I had not thought about it being a common deer dumping site. Here in IL road crews pick up dead deer that have been hit by cars, etc. And if the person who hit the deer eats deermeat then that is one less that the road crews have to pick up ;)

In NC are deer normally dumped along roadsides to simply rot or is there some manner for dealing with them similar to IL?

I have been following here, but not posting, the charges and the timing of this do not add up

Does anyone else question WHEN or HOW OFTEN MAM actually got Shaniya???

if we even have the day right, any reason she could not have been gone from the home longer or more often than what AD stated ??? But this time something went terribly wrong?

If indeed, AD had Shaniya for several weeks, why might this is the only time MAM or someone had her . . if perhaps AD had REALLY been allowing her to be used for prostitution to pay back debts or get $$ for drugs?

Just trying to put the pieces together, because those charges came in quickly and they surely have way more information than the public knows . . .

I believe the sexual abuse started the weekend Aunt Carey dropped her off. IMO, this is behind the "you'll never see Shaniya again remark." IMO, this is behind her not attending school. IMO, this is behind Coe's cryptic remarks "She was never in the living room."

Drug addicts do what they need to do to support their habit. Max out credit cards, write hot checks, spend rent/grocery/diaper money, sell their belongings, lie, beg, borrow, steal others belongings to sell/trade for drugs, and prostitute themselves.

IMO, AD had lost the ability to prostitute herself for her drugs due to her sexual relationship with Coe.

I would have been taking Shaniya's pretty things, toys, etc. over there for two reasons. To be nosey and the thought she would be missing her things would really bother me. Every kids has a favorite toy, shoes, etc.

I remember buying stuff for my stepdaughters when shopping with my kids and taking it over to their house. I didn't like their mom at all. But I sure liked her kids and just because they weren't at my house, doesn't mean they were out of sight out of mind. No way I could have gone five weeks and had no contact. And I know it would have been even more impossible for their dad.

The look on Shaniya's face in that video, makes me weep.

Can you imagine how alone and abandoned that baby felt if she hadn't spoken with her dad or Aunt (primary caregiver) in 5 weeks!! I can not for the life of me understand what these people, who cared for her for 5 years were thinking!! Legal parent or not, her aunt had been her
"surrogate mother" her whole life. How could they hand this baby over and walk away without a huge blown out battle???

He has 5 other kids, I find it hard to believe he never had to do the custody/child support dance, which means he would have an attorney!

Call CPS? that would have been way down on my list; after 911, after a lawyer, after the "threat" issued by the bio-mom.
They would have found me parked outside the feces covered box, 24/7 video camera in hand...

Certainly I do not feel that DNA is really of any relevance here. Regardless if AD was a one night happening, a beautiful little girl came from that and BL took her into his home and cared for her when the mother couldn't. He accepted her as his why can't we ?
My family is made up of biological siblings, adopted siblings and siblings by marriage it has no bearing on me at all they are all blood as far as I am concerned, they are my family I need no DNA for that.
JMHO....

I have a blended family also...I'm only saying that you can't determine paternity only because a child "is the spitting image of him." I would say that, even if BL wasn't the bio dad, he treated Shaniya like he was....but I'm not so sure I can say that since it seems Shaniya was tossed around between several people who were around her a lot more than BL. I think the only reason Shaniya ended up with BL was because AD didn't want her until it became profitable for her. I also think BL & AD saw each other more than he's letting on.

again, this is MOO,
Marlou

Thank you Karen!

Just going through the warrant and in the first sentence the cops says McNeil checked in with a small child that looked like Shaniya Davis.

You are very welcome! Glad I could help.

The belt they found really bothers me since she was reportedly asphyixiated.

Does anyone know if the search warrant for AD's mh has ever been published?

I had not thought about it being a common deer dumping site. Here in IL road crews pick up dead deer that have been hit by cars, etc. And if the person who hit the deer eats deermeat then that is one less that the road crews have to pick up ;)

In NC are deer normally dumped along roadsides to simply rot or is there some manner for dealing with them similar to IL?

Yeah, the road crews here are supposed to pick them up...Thankfully, it gets cold about the time of year there are a lot of deer-car accidents.

I thought someone here, one of the locals, had said they have places where people tend to dump the carcasses after they have gotten the parts they want.
(Can you tell I am not a hunter?lol)
I know it's illegal, but frankly, that hasn't stopped many people.
ETA: Just to clarify, I don't know for sure that it was even a common spot, just going off one of our locals. I spent an hour trying to figure out why someone would bag dead deer, since it said deer and trash bags on some of the initial reports.

I feel so stupid asking this because I am not a newbie/ but can someone tell me what BBM means?

TIA
Bold By Me in other words I bolded what I am referring to in your post.

BBM
There are no stupid questions and we've been told if you google BBM you find something very different...
:D

Beautiful Shaniya is buried now and may she rest in peace. My biggest question right now is what would cause a prostitute to have a one night stand? Did BL pay her for it, or was he just so irresistible that he got a freebie? I doubt Bl's relationship with AD was that casual. He knew what kind of lifestyle AD was living or he should have. The autopsy is going to tell the story.

Bold By Me in other words I bolded what I am referring to in your post.

BBM
There are no stupid questions and we've been told if you google BBM you find something very different...
:D

respectfully BBM LOL thank you missmybaby for lightening my mood.

Has anyone thought that if AD was capable of doing this to Shaniya, what would stop her from doing this to her 7 year old son also.

Was he the one that told LE what was going on?

Does anyone know if he was in school since he was 7 years of age and legally supposed to be in school?

I have not seen it stated anywhere.

ITA, I get the feeling that giving Shaniya to AD was more about BL starting a new life in a new state and poor Shaniya was not part of those plans. JMO, of course.

:yes: My suspicions from the get-go, Suzi.

jmo

Regarding AD's arrest history. We have learned of arrests for drugs/prostitution. None of the charges stuck. Given McNeill's history with courts in NC, why am I not surprised??

Have we seen her record? Did someone post bail for her, or did she sit it out in the County? Did someone hire an attorney to get the charges dropped? Did anyone visit her? Did anyone put money on her books?

Beautiful Shaniya is buried now and may she rest in peace. My biggest question right now is what would cause a prostitute to have a one night stand? Did BL pay her for it, or was he just so irresistible that he got a freebie? I doubt Bl's relationship with AD was that casual. He knew what kind of lifestyle AD was living or he should have. The autopsy is going to tell the story.

Okay, here's the thing. People talk about prositution as if there is some sort of organization or rules about it. I do not think AD was a prostitute in the sense that she had a pimp, a corner, etc. I think she was that more casual sort of prostitute you see alot with drug abuse. In other words, willing if approached to perform sexual acts for either money (to be later used to purchase drugs) or drugs themselves. I think sometimes people have an image of prostitution, mostly from tv shows, that is not the sort of prostitute I believe AD was/is. Also- I am pretty sure that no one has suggested any evidence that supports AD being a prostitute at the time of her conception.

we know that B.L. was overseas when his wife was murdered,and probably had to finish his duty which is why dead mothers parents have custody of children. Did anyone consider that maybe he thought instead of putting childen thru more stress by moving kids back into he just let them continue to keep them and also spent time with them. Everyone is making assumptions here but no one really knows the truth we don't know what kind of relationship he had with his children.

I'll add to this, if no one minds....
I read (can't remember where) that while BL was in the service his wife and children moved in with her parents. I don't know if thats true or not but it really makes alot of sense to me as to why the kids continued to live with the grandparents after her murder.

It is really hard to say IMO 5 years ago she could have been a totally different person probally not even a prostitute...
5 years is along time and people do change especially when you throw drugs into the mix...
I had a girlfriend who had everything going for her, a promising modeling career and such. She started hooking up with the wrong people started doing drugs, had three children lived off welfare although there was never food in the house for the children because she used food stamps for drugs. The father of the children took them away she lost custody and within 2 years of that she was dead. This was a six year span so people can change quite dramaticly....
jmo

ITA, I get the feeling that giving Shaniya to AD was more about BL starting a new life in a new state and poor Shaniya was not part of those plans. JMO, of course.

Let me begin by saying I am in no way meaning this to sound like I am racial. Some of my best friends are AA, so color means nothing to me.

That being said, his friend stated on the other board that this is the first time BL's fiance has met any of his family and they have supposedly been together for 8 months.

Is is possible since his fiance is caucasion, BL didn't want her to know his past history of dating AA women and has biracial children; therefore, he didn't want her to know about Shaniya?

JMO.

Does anyone know if the search warrant for AD's mh has ever been published?

Would the police even need a search warrant? Maybe the owner of the mh gave permission. I'm not sure how that works since I've never been in a situation like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro