NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm. IIRC, BL stated on Oprah there was no formal agreement, just a verbal one. Shaniya had AD last name. I don't think he could have taken Shaniya back without a lot of court involved.

His friend stated on the other board that AD had Shaniya the first year of his life because he was across seas due to being in the service.

I hope I don't get in trouble for saying this about the friend part.

I know some posters have said these were not "true" friends of BL for saying things, but the that makes me believe them even more because they seem like decent people (TA, BC) and wouldn't kick a man when he is down if they think he REALLY and TRULY cared. That is what makes me believe them even more.
:waitasec:
Shaniya was born 5 years ago 2004...Pregnancy would be spring of 2003 (one night stand ;) )
When was he in desert storm? and for how long? they do not go for one year only....
If he returned when she was a year old that would be in 2005 How long was he there?
:waitasec:does not add up..

BL was asked when the last time he saw Shaniya and he said "October 2" but he never did state when he last spoke with her. I was hoping he would have said something about a conversation with Shaniya.

I don't think anyone called to check on Shaniya after she was dropped off. There are plenty of references to the last time BL saw her and the last time the aunt saw her. I think if they had called to check on her, we would be hearing "I spoke with Shaniya on this day and she sounded great." We aren't hearing ANY of this. :no:

Strange that not one person who has interviewed BL or CL has said, "Okay, so you dropped Shaniya off on this date and you last saw her on this date, but did you talk with her after that? Did you check in with her to see how she was doing?"

IMO, this is a huge red flag.

bbm. Boy, if that is the case, he sure took a big chance going in and trying to rent room that early.

I'm in agreement with some other posters, that the room was rented the prior day by someone else. However, I don't think he used the side door or else the hotel employee would not have seen him with Shaniya.

I would love to take a peek at that rooms records. Who rented it, check in time, keycard records....and especially the security tapes.

we know that B.L. was overseas when his wife was murdered,and probably had to finish his duty which is why dead mothers parents have custody of children. Did anyone consider that maybe he thought instead of putting childen thru more stress by moving kids back into he just let them continue to keep them and also spent time with them. Everyone is making assumptions here but no one really knows the truth we don't know what kind of relationship he had with his children.

this one does not add up either she was murdered in 1998 there was NO Desert Storm in 1998 :waitasec: i

we know that B.L. was overseas when his wife was murdered,and probably had to finish his duty which is why dead mothers parents have custody of children. Did anyone consider that maybe he thought instead of putting childen thru more stress by moving kids back into he just let them continue to keep them and also spent time with them. Everyone is making assumptions here but no one really knows the truth we don't know what kind of relationship he had with his children.

The dead wife's parents fought from 1998 until 2007 when they got custody....that isn't because he was overseas. Not that it means that there was anything bad going on that they wanted them.
My fiancee lost his daughter to her mother's parents after she died. They just wanted the child because she was their last link to their dead daughter.

He hasn't seen her in almost 17 years.

Something more led him to believe paternity other then just a one night stand.

Although BL didn't take Shaniya until she was a year old, she had developed into a toddler that was the spitting image of her father so, there was no denying that she was "his daughter". Don't ya think?

I would think if he wanted to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt he would go ahead and get a paternity test done for all parties involved but I don't think as far as knowing whether or not it was daughter, it was even necessary.

I think the repeated court battles with the inlaw's over the 3 kids might have tainted BL's judgement in seeking custody of Shaniya.

ITA, I get the feeling that giving Shaniya to AD was more about BL starting a new life in a new state and poor Shaniya was not part of those plans. JMO, of course.

That is appauling.
If that is all there is WHY so many secrets and lies????

Although BL didn't take Shaniya until she was a year old, she had developed into a toddler that was the spitting image of her father so, there was no denying that she was "his daughter". Don't ya think?

I would think if he wanted to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt he would go ahead and get a paternity test done for all parties involved but I don't think as far as knowing whether or not it was daughter, it was even necessary.

I don't know, I was on another board and when the first news broke on this case everyone was saying how much Shaniya looked like Coe.

The dead wife's parents fought from 1998 until 2007 when they got custody....that isn't because he was overseas. Not that it means that there was anything bad going on that they wanted them.
My fiancee lost his daughter to his fiancee's parents after she died. They just wanted the child because she was their last link to their dead daughter.

In one of the news articles talking about B.L. wife it is stated he was overseas when it happened. That was what I was talking about and I agree with what you said about them wanting as link to there daughter, because there was loss was great they lost 2 children

My fiancee lost his daughter to her mother's parents after she died. They just wanted the child because she was their last link to their dead daughter.

Most parents would want the only link to their child - I WOULD but it does not mean the court would give it.
so if the courts did give it I just wonder why?
He did not see her in 17 years is telling in itself....

Sometimes maybe the courts make good decisions.

The statement from LE, saying they know she was seen, leaving the motel, but " were unsure of her condition" has and still haunts me?

I don't think anyone called to check on Shaniya after she was dropped off. There are plenty of references to the last time BL saw her and the last time the aunt saw her. I think if they had called to check on her, we would be hearing "I spoke with Shaniya on this day and she sounded great." We aren't hearing ANY of this. :no:

Strange that not one person who has interviewed BL or CL has said, "Okay, so you dropped Shaniya off on this date and you last saw her on this date, but did you talk with her after that? Did you check in with her to see how she was doing?"

IMO, this is a huge red flag.

I would have been taking Shaniya's pretty things, toys, etc. over there for two reasons. To be nosey and the thought she would be missing her things would really bother me. Every kids has a favorite toy, shoes, etc.

I remember buying stuff for my stepdaughters when shopping with my kids and taking it over to their house. I didn't like their mom at all. But I sure liked her kids and just because they weren't at my house, doesn't mean they were out of sight out of mind. No way I could have gone five weeks and had no contact. And I know it would have been even more impossible for their dad.

Just wonder how BL knew Shanyia was his child. Did they have a private DNA test done.

His sister (Aunt Cary) said there was never any question as to him being the dad, as she looked just like him!

I would argue that statement, just because I think Shaniya was absolutely beautiful. BL, not so much.

If it were me or my family member who had a 1 night (or even a couple nights) ~ fling ~ You bet your backside there would have been a dna test done before anyone took that baby out of the hospital

That is appauling.
If that is all there is WHY so many secrets and lies????

I don't think he would walk out there and say that he loved her but he was getting rid of her because 5 years was enough? No. I don't see that happening.
And I'm not saying that I believe that was his thought. But, if it was, I can't see him admitting it.
I would be ashamed to admit that if I ever felt that way about one of my children.

I wonder if AD was made or offered to watch Shaniya's funeral and what her reaction was and if her reaction was recorded.

I bet she was offered the chance but refused. I can't imagine LE would deny her watching it on tv.

Wonder why she hasn't bonded out of jail. It looks like she has enough family members to raise $5,100.

I wonder if AD was made or offered to watch Shaniya's funeral and what her reaction was and if her reaction was recorded.

I bet she was offered the chance but refused. I can't imagine LE would deny her watching it on tv.

Wonder why she hasn't bonded out of jail. It looks like she has enough family members to raise $5,100.

They may think she is safer in jail

BBM. I saw that mentioned by BL's daughter or someone also. And I don't get it. I don't think she looks like her dad at all. Not that that is an indicator of paternity. But really, she does not look like her dad.

His sister (Aunt Cary) said there was never any question as to him being the dad, as she looked just like him!

I would argue that statement, just because I think Shaniya was absolutely beautiful. BL, not so much.

If it were me or my family member who had a 1 night (or even a couple nights) ~ fling ~ You bet your backside there would have been a dna test done before anyone took that baby out of the hospital

I agree, he was paying child support all over the country. He would not take responsiblity of another child on looks alone. He knew the drill.

Most parents would want the only link to their child - I WOULD but it does not mean the court would give it.
so if the courts did give it I just wonder why?
He did not see her in 17 years is telling in itself....

Sometimes maybe the courts make good decisions.

How is that telling? They took legal custody and moved. No forwarding address, no request for child support. By the time he found them, she didn't even hardly remember him, she was only 18 months old, when they took her. She was 11 when he tracked them down. The court cancelled his visitation because she didn't know him and they thought it would be traumatic.

I don't think the court made a good decision. They chose the people with the money and the big house over the man that worked in a window factory and lived in a two bedroom house in a lower class neighborhood. He is a wonderful father for our three children, a perfect father figure to my daughter, and the constant advocate for his daughter...

I think that is one of the most hurtful things ever said to me about my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18