NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha you guys had that towel convo & found the links all while I was looking at the search warrant

speed-of-light!

ok, so on page 7 where it states his charge of kidnapping & talks about "without the consent of the victim's parent or guardian", I was thinking perhaps that's why he had such a chesire-cat grin on his face (in his mugshot) - because he thought they couldn't make kidnapping charges stick if he had permission from AD (this was prior to her body being found)

sorry if this has been covered - I'm kinda trying to make sense of his seemingly arrogant facial expression (I think part of it is that he could afford a lawyer too)

He was probably still high then too. Second appearance he more than likely was sober. I wish the Judge would have told him he had to speak aloud his answers to the Court, for the court recorder and out of respect for the Justice System, which he may be incapable of.

is there a separate search warrant for the trailer or am I missing somethingÉ

ONCE UPON A TIME I HAD A LIFE...
I think I better get off here, and go find it....:)
I'll check in if I can stay away that long ...tomorrow.
:blowkiss:

I keep going back to Carey at the funeral. Not her words, but the way she said them and the way she insisted on leaving the altar to speak almost directly to her brother.
I think she blames him.

Maybe someone could answer this question for me.

Last night I did some research on the Comfort Suites in Sanford, NC.

It opened July 2009. It has 4 floors and 74 rooms. Check in time is 2:00 p.m. and checkout is 11:00 a.m. I know from experience this is usually the protocol.

If MAM was seen going in at 6:11 a.m. and leaving around 7:30 a.m., why would they let him check in at that hour.

That is making me think he actually did premeditate this and rented the room the day prior to the 10th.

Any opinions?

ETA: I know some have speculated MAM possibly used the side doors to enter without having to go past the front desk, but I didn't think these doors would open from the outside, only from the inside. If indeed he used these doors, someone would have had to open it for him. I thought the doors were primarily for fire escape only.

Yoy can check into and out of hotels any time day or night
You don't have to check in at 2:00 and out at 11:00.

"Don't let God's words, and don't let His actions, bring y'all down 'cause He did this for a reason." -BL

Yesterday was a time for healing--but what I also feel was a missed opportunity..... I, for one, am still reeling from these words spoken by Shaniya's father in yesterday's service. JMO

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7132432

:parrot:

I hear these kind of things quite often from people that just have experienced something bad. "God did this for a reason" and "God put me through this trial because I'm the only one who can take it". Those kind of statements are to me a kind of self-comfort... and for that reason I will not judge.

Yes, I agree in most area more LE is needed and more Teachers. I know there is a huge teacher shortage here in Texas.

Depending on the crime I believe that most should serve their time, but once again it depends on what state you are in. Texas is not very forgiving if you commit three felonies. We have the three stikes rule here. Child welfare and CPS should be better funded and manned too. I am very harsh. I think if people cant take care of children then their rights and money should be taken away and even sterilization if necessary, but I know that will not happen.

All of those things and more will help, but I cant help believe that there is something rotten in the wood as my mom would say. I see it. Teens are bit more disrespectful and fearless than in my day and i'm 30! The internet has introduced a whole heap of issues where pedo's can unite and remain undetected.

It just seems there are more missing kids, more neglected kids, and more killers out there. I know there are those that will argue that cause of constant media attention everything is falsely magnified, but I strongly, strongly disagree with that. Yes media has allow us to get news quickly from around the nation. Cases blow up because of the media, but lingering in the background is....something else. I cant put my finger on it and i'm not religious, but there is a stink and a decay in this country. And I really don't think that anyone or anything can do anything about it. Like blood stains in a carpet. You can use remover to remove some, lighten the stain, wash it but still it's there.

(bold mine) The internet and wwweb have been a tool for good in bringing these cases to the forefront and in other ways--but also clearly for evil. I agree--it's not just more media attention given to the same rate of crimes, there is a frightening increase in this and one of the primary "tools" by which child *advertiser censored* and increasingly depraved illicit material can now be exchanged, circulated and propagated is the internet. No longer do people have to risk being exposed to venture out in search of a sleazy book store--they can do so w ease now from the comfort and secrecy of their own home computer. :( Say what they will, access to and the ability to meditate freely upon this only feeds, fuels and fans the flames of this loathesome sickness. JMO

I have stayed in alot of motels and never had to have a credit card, just a drivers license. The police say he admited taking her there, I wonder what his excuse was to them.

Thanks Dr. I did not know that. I'm surprised he even had a drivers license with as much trouble he has been in.

I wonder what his excuse is also.

If he didn't actually rape her in the room, the only thing I can think for checking in the hotel is to bathe her from a potty accident due to the feces being found on her blanket.

I know there was a lawyer the other night on NG that mentioned the feces on the blanket could possible indicate sodomy.

I keep going back to Carey at the funeral. Not her words, but the way she said them and the way she insisted on leaving the altar to speak almost directly to her brother.
I think she blames him.

I did see her put her hand on his shoulder when she first walked up there.

Yeah, he has something really mixed up there. God gave people free will.

No question. Now God is able to redeem, or turn around for good, what man intended for evil.... but I can assure BL and everyone else, it wasn't GOD's actions that brought Shaniya's life to such a horrific, heinous and heartbreaking end! God uses PEOPLE--parents and caregivers--to protect children. PEOPLE are God's hands.

It reminds me of the guy who was stranded on the island but refused the raft, the motorboat, and helicopter yelling "God will save me!" And when he gets to heaven he blames God demanding to know "Why didn't you save me!?" And God says, "I sent you the raft, the motorboat and the helicopter, what do you want?"

:banghead:

Ok maybe not exactly the same but ykwim. These are not God's failures. If you ask me doc, God is getting a bum rap!!!!

Is there any reason we could not reasonably conclude that LE has proof MAM is guilty of raping her--and doing so in the hotel? Was there not "evidence" found (dna on towel IIRC) in the room and would not LE crime lab have already done a rape-kit id'g MAM's dna as present?? I just thought this was implicit from the charges.

Is there any reason we could not reasonably conclude that LE has proof MAM is guilty of raping her--and doing so in the hotel? Was there not "evidence" found (dna on towel IIRC) in the room and would not LE crime lab have already done a rape-kit id'g MAM's dna as present?? I just thought this was implicit from the charges.

Even though I am throwing other ideas out, this is what I believe.
I don't know if it came from the hotel, they might have something on one of the swabbings from his car, but I believe they have his DNA. Otherwise I don't think we would see the rape charge.

Police dogs used to search the hotel room McNeil took Shaniya to picked up Shaniya's scent on a towel found in the room, but no other evidence of Shaniya was found there.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2413670/shaniya_a_young_life_interrupted.html?cat=49

I stand corrected. We have heard about towels.

This is a strange site to read about the "scent on a towel." I have not seen this information in any of the news articles written by the Fayobserver or WRAL. Not sure exactly what "associatedcontent" is all about.

I did hear it mentioned on Geraldo last week and thought "WHAT"?

"Don't let God's words, and don't let His actions, bring y'all down 'cause He did this for a reason." -BL

Yesterday was a time for healing--but what I also feel was a missed opportunity..... I, for one, am still reeling from these words spoken by Shaniya's father in yesterday's service. JMO

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7132432

You are not alone in the reeling from words coming from Shaniya's father. His statements and actions are mind boggling.

Was evidence not sent to FBI lab? I thought we were waiting for thos results after which more charges "could" be filed. Or, did I dream that?

From Obit...Shaniya's second family - does this mean very close caregivers?

Is it possible the reason Aunt Carey's name wasn't listed is because she falls under the second family?

I think it very wrong that this poor Aunt Carey was not mentioned. She was wronged when her brother was not honest with her by not telling her he gave this baby away and he contiunes to be wrong in leaving her out once again...

I am sure he feels awful but come on, give credit when it is due. This was the only women in that childs life who put her first. Aunt Carey was this childs mother. Her hands were tired and I feel she was waiting for dad to come home casue she still was not aware of what he did. I am not bashing the dad, it was possible it was easier to not tell Aunt Carey the truth and who knows for sure but I would like to think he thought what he was doing was for the best. I mean he had a good place for his daughter why would he do this if he had any idea it was not safe.

ok, so on page 7 where it states his charge of kidnapping & talks about "without the consent of the victim's parent or guardian", I was thinking perhaps that's why he had such a chesire-cat grin on his face (in his mugshot) - because he thought they couldn't make kidnapping charges stick if he had permission from AD (this was prior to her body being found)

sorry if this has been covered - I'm kinda trying to make sense of his seemingly arrogant facial expression (I think part of it is that he could afford a lawyer too)

The Cheshire Cat--who looked like he'd swallowed a canary at his first court appearance on kidnapping charges--looked like he'd vomited the canary when he was read the murder and rape charges. No longer the teflon con and smooth manipulator invincible parollee who talked his way out of everything. Shaking w fear no doubt--cause deep down he's a coward, who preyed on a child, and now knows some of the meanest, baddest hombres want him dead.

We never want to believe these people can do these heinous, sub-human things. The more "normal" looking, the more frightening it is--because we all want to believe we can see evil coming... and get the #ell out of its way. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member