NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goolsby has a lot of work to do on this "Shaniya's Law" proposal. It's very weak and it doesn't change anything. Even IF MAM was still on "probation", IF MAM did this, he would have done it whether he was on probation or not.

Selling drugs, buying drugs is not the worst thing in the world to do. Drug users serve time or not, go on probation as a punishment then released.

I could see IF MAM or anyone that had been previously charged with "kidnapping", abuse to a child in any manner, etc., have stricter laws, but since MAM's history mainly has to do with drugs, how could any law foresee "early release" from probation was going to lead to "kidnapping, murder and rape?"

IMO, it sounds like Goolsby is planning on running with the tragic death of Shaniya for a seat in the Senate. :banghead:
Perhaps you are correct about his intentions.

I still believe that we need to change some of the PO regulations, and be tougher on crime. and if his lobby for it results in more awareness so be it.
I only pry it is not similar to the Obama stance on "We need Jobs Now" and other such BS promises to win a race. :furious:

When I read Oriah's post about people handling this in their own way, I sorta agreed, I hope neither ever leaves the prison except in body bags. This case is so painful and horrific that I can barely think about it without being overcome with terrible grief. I'm not sure of the place they found her, fact is, I am directionally challenged in life, but I live fairly close and I'm surprised no tribute was placed there. I am willing for LE to be silent if they will prosecute this to the fullest they can. No mercy. In NC, details will not be given out, only at the trial will we learn much.
ITA:
This case totally took everything civil out of me.
I would love them both torchered. Let them both suffer for an extended period. they are sub human In My Book.

I am in disbelief about the court date for AD being moved until Feb, 10, 2010:waitasec: over 2 months, to be charged.....what gives here:banghead:

This case will lose steam for sure.....why so quiet, after so much National attention??

I am in disbelief about the court date for AD being moved until Feb, 10, 2010:waitasec: over 2 months, to be charged.....what gives here:banghead:

This case will lose steam for sure.....why so quiet, after so much National attention??

Same here----------What is going on?

I STILL feel others or someone else was involved. Thats why I haven't been posting. I was waiting for more info or SOMETHING. WHY is everyone so QUIET?!?:banghead:

We must keep Shaniya in the news so she is not lost in the judicial system!!

JUSTICE FOR SHANIYA!!!

I know news has been slow for Shaniya, but lets try to keep the subject about her. Thanks.

I know, you are right, it is not easy to get many people to hear this story, they all just hope it turns out good....but many want it to go away :( WE HAVE TO KEEP IT ALIVE

scheduling makes sense somehow if they are working on something - I realize it is a Holiday Month , most people are really back in full swing by the second week in January he gave them an extra month to get things done/investigate ?? I wonder why? what are they looking for? And yes I think they'll be glad when the frenzy dies down a bit.....

Child sex slavery growing U.S. problem
By Jesse Muhammad -Staff Writer- | Last updated: Dec 4, 2009

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/National_News_2/article_6628.shtml
FinalCall.com) - The tragic case of five-year-old Shaniya Davis, whose funeral was paid for by pro basketball star Shaquille O'Neal, brought focus to the problems of sexual selling and children.

Her mother, Antionette Davis, is charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution. Mario McNeill is charged with murder, rape and kidnapping. The mother, who has a history of drug abuse, allegedly sold the little girl for a sexual encounter. Some 2,000 people attended the Nov. 22 funeral and the young victim's body was found in early November beside a rural road in North Carolina.

Federal prosecutors in New York said Nov. 25 that a young woman from Mexico was smuggled over the border and forced to work as a prostitute for years in Brooklyn. The remains of an infant were found in concrete at the home where she was held prisoner, federal prosecutors added.
>>>>>>>>>>>>SNIP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>more at link above>>>>>>>>>>

‘Every year nearly 300,000 children are at risk to sexual exploitation in the U.S. and an estimated 500,000 incidents are not reported. This has made the U.S. the number one destination for child sex trafficking in the world. ’

particularly in cases like Shaniya's. I want the prosecution to get all their ducks in a row and develop an airtight case, so the perpetrators can receive the punishment they deserve. I don't want to see the perpetrators get off on technicalities. Let justice be done.

KIDS IN PERIL
Will the Shaniya Davis Case Inspire a New Law?

Posted by Administrator on Thursday, December 3, 2009
Labels: antoinette davis, mario andrette mcneill, shaniya davis, shaniya's law

Shaniya Davis of Fayetteville, North Carolina, was 5 years old when her pregnant mother, Antoinette Davis, allegedly sold her as a sex slave. The man who allegedly took Shaniya has been identified as Mario Andrette McNeill. Shaniya's body was found by the roadside near the hotel where she was last seen with McNeill.

Thom Goolsby is looking to fill the State Senate seat that is being vacated by one of the current State Senators of North Carolina. He has stated that if elected he will introduce "Shaniya's Law." This law is to reform the state's probation and parole system. McNeill was released from probation six months early, and 3 weeks before Shaniya was found dead.

http://kidsinperil.blogspot.com/2009/12/will-shaniya-davis-case-inspire-new-law.html

KIDS IN PERIL
Will the Shaniya Davis Case Inspire a New Law?

Posted by Administrator on Thursday, December 3, 2009
Labels: antoinette davis, mario andrette mcneill, shaniya davis, shaniya's law

Shaniya Davis of Fayetteville, North Carolina, was 5 years old when her pregnant mother, Antoinette Davis, allegedly sold her as a sex slave. The man who allegedly took Shaniya has been identified as Mario Andrette McNeill. Shaniya's body was found by the roadside near the hotel where she was last seen with McNeill.

Thom Goolsby is looking to fill the State Senate seat that is being vacated by one of the current State Senators of North Carolina. He has stated that if elected he will introduce "Shaniya's Law." This law is to reform the state's probation and parole system. McNeill was released from probation six months early, and 3 weeks before Shaniya was found dead.

http://kidsinperil.blogspot.com/2009/12/will-shaniya-davis-case-inspire-new-law.html

OK,Ive decided to try to at least make an attempt to help make a difference in the future when it comes to keeping these monsters in jail and tighten the ropes.
This may not help in other States if it were to become a law here in NC IF Goolsby were elected,but it may help set precedence,
So why not go to Thom Goolsby facebook,join,and ask him personally how strongly he feels about this law(SHANIYAS LAW)??
NC members please join in, weve got to start somewhere!!
Every little bit of attention we can keep getting out there shows we care and want something done.
Any other ideas to put these b%$&$#ds away for life WITHOUT parole? Im IN !!
Lets make the punishment fit the crime!

Just to be certain we are all reading the most current, accurate info re continuances... then according to the calendar it appears that MAM will appear in court on Thur. Dec. 9 on the child rape, and murder, charges. And on January 10 on the kidnapping charge.

And AD will appear on Feb. 18th (not 10th) on her charges? I am just asking, is this what everyone else is seeing? TIA

:parrot:

Hi...

I don't know if that "Shaynia's Law" is going to really help tho...what would 6 months of probation have meant to MAM when you think about it?? probation would have meant just checking in once a month...taking a drug test.....which these cons know how to beat, and maybe paying a montly probation fee. That doesn't deter them much IMHO

MAM would have done this while on probation IMHO...no difference to him really

I think this guy may have his heart in the right place, but will the law improve things?? It would have to be applied down the line...and result in more costs to states that are already stretched very badly budget wise

besides...MAM's prior history, while violent and disgusting, was not about child molesting ....so really how would they know?? what difference would being on probation have made? not much

IF they want to make a change...maybe enact new laws regarding child welfare services....enact some sort of "rapid response" to intervene in dangerous situations
put more "help lines" out there....maybe like a "crimestoppers" where people could even get a reward for reporting child abuse situations

also...Jessica's Law....or even stronger versions of it

*However, again we need to remember that Jessica's Law would not have helped here

Wow, a lot of posts to reply to...I am going to try and condense...
Yes they mow most of the growing season here (May- Dec far as I know). I'll plant the daffodils slightly out of mowing range, maybe on the hill? and/or too close to the street sign to be run over by mowers?

Hi Oriah, the way Walker rd is angled (I drove by recently) I think around the street sign would be lovely. DOT manages to get around alot of wildflower projects on the highways, i think they would avoid them, but I agree if they don't, they will just keep getting reborn:)
I'd love to come help you, pm me if you want a planting partner!
:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member