NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Sleepy Hollow area was a byword for drugs and prostitution, then sending Shaniya there would be very odd. If the area was notorious, then it's hard to hide behind the defense that "I didn't know it was so bad", or "I thought AD had her own home and had gotten her life together." I would also like to hear locals' views on Sleepy Hollow.
I am afraid he may be hiding more then we know.
Such as - how does he come to that part of town to begin with.??? what are his affiliations or associations there?????
just asking :waitasec:

Amen, was so very into this case that I was becoming way too involved. Let it go, could not find anything on any newsgroups, so returned here to find the truth. Fact IS is there has been precious little, or no updates, on this case. Lurked here digesting all I could on the Casey/sweet Caylee case. You guys have the answers. Have never seen more threads on any one case than Shaniya since I've been around. Then had to join, and speak. Why? A) she was beautiful, precious, as all children B) what is most unspeakable--her own Mother played a part in this.
While I need to take a break, I will never stop watching this case to a just conclusion. NEVER! Something just does not seem totally right here....

I realize there may be more action on other cases. I realize this case is hard on the nervous system,
I realize most of us want some justice for the child and new laws that help to prevent this unspeakable vile threat to children..... I now also realize that if they are building a multi million dollar development in the area they need to hush this case. (that is how politics works - like it or not)

But going where the action is does not help this case at all.
Please just stop by every day and keep this thread alive PLEASE. You may not read news but if someone who is defending Shanaiy's rights reads here they will also see our outrage, and that we wont
go away, or let this case vanish.

Shaniya, you are in my prayers. I know you are enjoying your new home

Shaniya, I thought of you early this morning when I took my dogs out for an early morning 'practice run.' The weather (although a bit colder) is exactly the same as the the morning you were found. The sky is blue, the wind is nil, the ground is damp... it is a perfect day for finding lost people. You are no longer lost... but our society is if it allows what happened to you to be forgotten.
A promise to you, beautiful child- these three acres of ground and all who reside here will not let you be forgotten. Ever.

Amen, was so very into this case that I was becoming way too involved. Let it go, could not find anything on any newsgroups, so returned here to find the truth. Fact IS is there has been precious little, or no updates, on this case. Lurked here digesting all I could on the Casey/sweet Caylee case. You guys have the answers. Have never seen more threads on any one case than Shaniya since I've been around. Then had to join, and speak. Why? A) she was beautiful, precious, as all children B) what is most unspeakable--her own Mother played a part in this.
While I need to take a break, I will never stop watching this case to a just conclusion. NEVER! Something just does not seem totally right here....

There is always a lull after the missing child is found and the alleged perps are behind bars. The local LE needs to get their ducks in a row, the perps need to line up a defense team. As with all children dead a parents hands calling it a defense is beyond ridiculous, as what defense is there for the loss of a child in these circumstances.

What does not seem right is a beautiful, precious baby girl was safely living her life in the care of adults who acted in a responsible way, until her father made the decision to put her in the care of a pregnant, alleged drug using prostitute, who was crashing in a feces covered tin box. And say he did it because she had gotten her life together and wanted to give her a chance to mother her child. This is a huge WT#????

Who does that????
We can barely come to grips with parents who are ordered by the courts to hand over a child-when we know they are doing what they have to do, because they can't help the child if they are in jail for contempt. How can anyone understand a parent who would make the decision on his own? I have not heard a single person say AD had even asked for custody of Shaniya. (although I had to be away for a few days so maybe I missed it.)

Everyone knew the situation except Brad, so many people have come forward claiming they offered to keep Shaniya to prevent her from going to AD. It is pretty clear to me Brad placed Shaniya in the care of AD knowing what her life was all about, where does the law stand on a parent placing a child in harms way, when harm comes from the other parent?

"She had a cigarette burn on the corner of her eye, which she claimed her grandma did when she went over there," added Shaniya's half sister Cheyenne Lockhart.

BC, Brad's ex-father-in-law, said when the child was in the custody of her mother, bad things happened to her. Shaniya "had burns on her legs, arms and things" after visits with her mother. Because of that, BC blames Lockhart for Shaniya's death.

"When you wanted sex that's where you went," BC said.
"you knew what the girl was doing. You knew what she associated with, so why place your daughter in that situation?"

I realize there could be some bad blood there, as the F-I-L took Brad to court several times for custody and support issues, BC currently has legal custody of the children from Brad's marriage to his daughter. But in an early statement BC was discussing child support issues and said Brad was paying support to AD; this caused a chill to go through me.

If Brad is paying AD support, yet Shaniya is living with him (or his sister or girlfriends, depending on who is talking) I can easily see him telling AD the free ride is over, child support is coming to a close. When AD said no, Brad told her if he was paying her support, she can be the one who takes care of their daughter. I can see him believing that Shaniya would not want to stay with AD, that Shaniya would bug her to call daddy or Aunt Carey to come get her. Then Brad would think he had all he needed if AD tried taking him to court over support.

Did it say anywhere that Brad called AD after the police told him Shaniya was missing? I've read he called Aunt Carey, was actually on the phone with her when the police showed up at her door. Now I maybe crazy but if my kids were reported missing, why would I call my sister? Wouldn't it make more sense to call the person I left them with?

I have a strong feeling Brad made a calculated risk after having prior bad experiencing in family court
. He gambled with his daughter's life and she lost. He has my sympathy, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes for all the money in the world.

The one my heart breaks for is little Shaniya, the terror she went through. First being abandoned by her father, taken away from those she loved and those who love her. Sent by her father to live in a carp hole, not fit for barn yard animals. Then handed over to a man or men, who allegedly did unspeakable things to this precious angel.

Shaniya, I'm still thinking of you every day too ~ especially yesterday when I saw children having photos taken with 'Santa'. You should've been there too. :rose:

This has to be one of the most heart retching cases we have ever had.....just so thankful we have a suspect in custody and not still on the street!!!

Shaniya, I thought of you early this morning when I took my dogs out for an early morning 'practice run.' The weather (although a bit colder) is exactly the same as the the morning you were found. The sky is blue, the wind is nil, the ground is damp... it is a perfect day for finding lost people. You are no longer lost... but our society is if it allows what happened to you to be forgotten.
A promise to you, beautiful child- these three acres of ground and all who reside here will not let you be forgotten. Ever.

That is beautiful :beats:

There is always a lull after the missing child is found and the alleged perps are behind bars. The local LE needs to get their ducks in a row, the perps need to line up a defense team. As with all children dead a parents hands calling it a defense is beyond ridiculous, as what defense is there for the loss of a child in these circumstances.

What does not seem right is a beautiful, precious baby girl was safely living her life in the care of adults who acted in a responsible way, until her father made the decision to put her in the care of a pregnant, alleged drug using prostitute, who was crashing in a feces covered tin box. And say he did it because she had gotten her life together and wanted to give her a chance to mother her child. This is a huge WT#????

Who does that????
We can barely come to grips with parents who are ordered by the courts to hand over a child-when we know they are doing what they have to do, because they can't help the child if they are in jail for contempt. How can anyone understand a parent who would make the decision on his own? I have not heard a single person say AD had even asked for custody of Shaniya. (although I had to be away for a few days so maybe I missed it.)

Everyone knew the situation except Brad, so many people have come forward claiming they offered to keep Shaniya to prevent her from going to AD. It is pretty clear to me Brad placed Shaniya in the care of AD knowing what her life was all about, where does the law stand on a parent placing a child in harms way, when harm comes from the other parent?

I realize there could be some bad blood there, as the F-I-L took Brad to court several times for custody and support issues, BC currently has legal custody of the children from Brad's marriage to his daughter. But in an early statement BC was discussing child support issues and said Brad was paying support to AD; this caused a chill to go through me.

If Brad is paying AD support, yet Shaniya is living with him (or his sister or girlfriends, depending on who is talking) I can easily see him telling AD the free ride is over, child support is coming to a close. When AD said no, Brad told her if he was paying her support, she can be the one who takes care of their daughter. I can see him believing that Shaniya would not want to stay with AD, that Shaniya would bug her to call daddy or Aunt Carey to come get her. Then Brad would think he had all he needed if AD tried taking him to court over support.

Did it say anywhere that Brad called AD after the police told him Shaniya was missing? I've read he called Aunt Carey, was actually on the phone with her when the police showed up at her door. Now I maybe crazy but if my kids were reported missing, why would I call my sister? Wouldn't it make more sense to call the person I left them with?

I have a strong feeling Brad made a calculated risk after having prior bad experiencing in family court
. He gambled with his daughter's life and she lost. He has my sympathy, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes for all the money in the world.

The one my heart breaks for is little Shaniya, the terror she went through. First being abandoned by her father, taken away from those she loved and those who love her. Sent by her father to live in a carp hole, not fit for barn yard animals. Then handed over to a man or men, who allegedly did unspeakable things to this precious angel.

Well said, and reasoned. I understand that every case like this cannot have a law passed in the child's behalf so as help others... Social workers are under paid, and have way too large of a caseload to be able to be effective in every person they have as clients. In this case it seems Shaniya was not even on their radar as her new "home", however temporary, was decided privately. I think there should be some type of accountability on father's part as everyone, with the exception of him, knew Shaniya was headed for a very bad place, with even worse company. Negligence? I doubt it. And he does have to live with this every day for the rest of his life. We must remember that no matter how anyone feels about his choice.

My heart hurts for Shaniya, and what she must have endured before her release, and Aunt Carey whom I feel loved her maybe more than anyone.

Just a couple of thoughts here: I am so very glad that MAM was stupid enough to take her somewhere with cameras, and therefore caught. Without that biological could have feigned "Uh, she was just gone"--knew how to unlock the door about 4 times, but with no confession from actual perp, her little body may have not have been found until there was no evidence left.

For that I am thankful! May Shaniya always be at peace now. I am glad there are others here who care. We will patiently wait for justice I suppose. If there are more involved: well bring 'em forward, and pray that they all see what real justice holds for them--from man, and beyond..

Shaniya R.I.P. beautiful little girl. Even though I did not know you my heart is hurting for you and you will never be forgotten. I just pray that justice will be served to all those involved.

New article on the case.
Looks like DSS is being investigated.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6564577/

Snipped:
"Chief Bergamine has requested the SBI's assistance to determine if Fayetteville police have received complete and accurate records from Cumberland County DSS regarding this case," Grannis wrote. "Based upon the information provided to me and my senior staff by the Fayetteville Police Department concerning these issues, I share their concern, and I have requested the assistance of the SBI to assist us in this regard."

New article on the case.
Looks like DSS is being investigated.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6564577/

Snipped:
"Chief Bergamine has requested the SBI's assistance to determine if Fayetteville police have received complete and accurate records from Cumberland County DSS regarding this case," Grannis wrote. "Based upon the information provided to me and my senior staff by the Fayetteville Police Department concerning these issues, I share their concern, and I have requested the assistance of the SBI to assist us in this regard."

Another "key" piece in the above link is: "The Cumberland County Department of Social Services previously looked at Davis with regard to her 7-year-old son, not Shaniya, according to her uncle, Michael Davis. The case was closed, and Antoinette Davis was able to retain custody of the boy, her uncle said."

The Cumberland County Department of Social Services previously looked at Davis with regard to her 7-year-old son, not Shaniya, according to her uncle, Michael Davis.

Yes, according to her uncle... I have also read reports stating otherwise.
:parrot:

Perhaps I ought to clarify or be more specific, it is according to MD--a family member--that previous DSS investigation was exclusive to or limited solely to the brother. As I said, I've seen other reports to the contrary.

:parrot:

This O/T but I am new here and not sure where to post or ask this question. Can anyone point me the direction of PMing here? It IS about Shaniya so in that sense...not totally O/T Thanks..... and mea culpa mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny