NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow; police are questioning if DSS handed over all the files.

Wonder what they think DSS isn't sharing?
DSS records are privileged and not open. It is for the benefit of all children that those records be kept privet, so in order for LE to see what is in the records they do have to get a formal permission to do so.

We are on the same page and I understood your post completely...
I also do wonder where and how the boy is now.

Another topic is that BL and CDL will not acknowledge knowing much of anything it is not in their interest. I know that too and agree; that is what makes me furious with BOTH of them. IMHO they knew plenty.

As for LE they were not privileged to the information SBI had on record before now, and they are right to look into it.

I share your concerns. :( I understood he was soon placed into the foster care system--although I've never received any response re my inquiry for confidentiality reasons most likely. To my knowledge no relative had stepped forward as of that time anyway to be a temporary guardian. Maybe just as well. Hoping for a happier ending for this little boy who's already endured so much loss and grief. Guess his mother didn't think about that. Nor is his father in the picture evidently. Very sad. Praying for a loving family, and a safe and stable home. JMO:prayer:

:parrot:

IMHO it was limited to the brother because he was there full time. SD was there rarely. I imagine who ever called for a DSS inspection may not have even known about Shaniya.

There has been much contradiction and many conflicting versions as to just how much Shaniya had been over there. I'm sure this is one of the questions re which LE is hoping SBI may be able to shed some light. :)

DSS records are privileged and not open. It is for the benefit of all children that those records be kept privet, so in order for LE to see what is in the records they do have to get a formal permission to do so.

I so agree.

Yesterday, a TV court case was in front of Judge Jeanne Pierro, and within the case DSS was discussed. Judge Jeanne indicated that "she, as a former DA, could NOT get hold of any DSS records unless she sued or subpoenaed the records.

I share your concerns. :( I understood he was soon placed into the foster care system--although I've never received any response re my inquiry for confidentiality reasons most likely. To my knowledge no relative had stepped forward as of that time anyway to be a temporary guardian. Maybe just as well. Hoping for a happier ending for this little boy who's already endured so much loss and grief. Guess his mother didn't think about that. Nor is his father in the picture evidently. Very sad. Praying for a loving family, and a safe and stable home. JMO:prayer:

This was what my, umm, 'internal' investigative efforts have me concluding as well.

I so agree.

Yesterday, a TV court case was in front of Judge Jeanne Pierro, and within the case DSS was discussed. Judge Jeanne indicated that "she, as a former DA could NOT get hold of any DSS records unless she sued or subpoenaed the records.

This is typically true. However there are ways around this situation. For example: if a DSS case was opened on either of the children, the child should have been immediately assigned a GAL. The GAL would have access to any and all records on the children including former DSS records, school records, private health info etc. As a GAL you have access to EVERYTHING regarding that child.

I wonder if either child was assigned one. Thus my inquiry about 'mandated' reporters.

I so agree.

Yesterday, a TV court case was in front of Judge Jeanne Pierro, and within the case DSS was discussed. Judge Jeanne indicated that "she, as a former DA, could NOT get hold of any DSS records unless she sued or subpoenaed the records.
I imagine they will do what ever they have to to gain more visibility / understanding of that household. I wonder if the case worker is scared and added stuff to the file so she can get to look like she did a good job. Just wondering....

There has been much contradiction and many conflicting versions as to just how much Shaniya had been over there. I'm sure this is one of the questions re which LE is hoping SBI may be able to shed some light. :)

We only know what BL has said, and that is that Shaniya was not at AD's too often.
I wonder where we can get some truth. I doubt AD will offer up any truth, We already know that BL wont.
but it is my understanding this far that SBI, DDA, had no record of checking up on SD only on the boy.

We only know what BL has said, and that is that Shaniya was not at AD's too often.
I wonder where we can get some truth. I doubt AD will offer up any truth, We already know that BL wont.
but it is my understanding this far that SBI, DDA, had no record of checking up on SD only on the boy.

I am not sure what you mean here. SBI has only just begun their investigation because LE doesn't believe DSS has been forthcoming or "cooperative" in furnishing all of the necessary records. The bottom line is we do not know yet. Nor does LE evidently believe they have to date been given complete and accurate info and documentation--which, it's my understanding, is why LE is now insisting on involving SBI.

I am not sure what you mean here. SBI has only just begun their investigation because LE doesn't believe DSS has been forthcoming or "cooperative" in furnishing all of the necessary records. The bottom line is we do not know yet. Nor does LE evidently believe they have to date been given complete and accurate info and documentation--which, it's my understanding, is why LE is now insisting on involving SBI.

In a previous post I made it clear that they have to have a formal request to get any records.
I imagine once they are subpoenaed they will have to get the records. CHILDRENS records are often
sealed to protect the children.

But ...WE only know what BL has said to date.

What a lovely family if its true none of them stepped up to take the brother. Some people are quick to stand before a camera to defend AD but it doesn't seem like any of them stepped up to help out these children before this tragedy occurred.

IIRC the sister BD has never been mentioned or implicated (yet) with anything going on in her small filthy trailer. What is up with that?

What a lovely family if its true none of them stepped up to take the brother. Some people are quick to stand before a camera to defend AD but it doesn't seem like any of them stepped up to help out these children before this tragedy occurred.

IIRC the sister BD has never been mentioned or implicated (yet) with anything going on in her small filthy trailer. What is up with that?[/QUOTE]

BBM ITA!!!!
Justice for Shaniya! and I hope the infant cousin and half brother get away from this family.
No one seemed to care about any of the children.
AD didn't even care that the life inside her could have aids!
She slept with a man with HIV...........

IIRC the sister BD has never been mentioned or implicated (yet) with anything going on in her small filthy trailer. What is up with that?

Since this is an active investigation, I don't imagine anyone involved in this case would be allowed to care for the child.

Examiner Bio D.A and Police Department ask the SBI to investigate Cumberland County DSS
http://www.examiner.com/x-29636-Sur...-the-SBI-to-investigate-Cumberland-County-DSS

<<<SNIP>>>>

The District Attorney has concluded pursuant to North Carolina General Statute §7B-2902(d)(3) and (5) that the release of any information at this time is likely to jeopardize the State’s ability to prosecute the defendant and also is likely to undermine an ongoing or future criminal investigation.

<<<MORE AT THE LINK>>>>

I don't know if we will get much news on AD's son...but I do worry about him, while some homes turn out to be OK we do know that often they don't. :(

Bless you little boy - (I forgot your name) with no mother and no father and no family
to keep you warm and safe....:( :hug: I hope your angel is always with you.

This is typically true. However there are ways around this situation. For example: if a DSS case was opened on either of the children, the child should have been immediately assigned a GAL. The GAL would have access to any and all records on the children including former DSS records, school records, private health info etc. As a GAL you have access to EVERYTHING regarding that child.

I wonder if either child was assigned one. Thus my inquiry about 'mandated' reporters.

Forgive me for asking....but what is a GAL? Does every state have them?

GAL is Guardian ad Litem. http://www.nccourts.org/Citizens/GAL/

Although I can't confirm IF every state has GAL, but IMO, yes they all have GAL's.

Yes, every state has them, although they are employed differently depending on what is available. There are two types- attorneys (who are required to take cases pro bono for a certain period of time as per their contracts) and volunteer GAL's who specifically train to replace attorney GALs when there is not an attorney available. Sometimes attorneys are also volunteer GALS. As with many social services such as social workers, foster care, etc- there are never enough of either to go around. But it is the law that a child involved in an open DSS case be provided a GAL. (Unfortunately this does not always happen in a timely fashion.)

GALS are the advocate for the child and the child only in family court. Sometimes, if a criminal court becomes involved, GALS will be called in to testify; however they are not legally responsible for anything other than the child in the family court and his or hers DSS involvement.
Does this explain or am I confusing even more?! :waitasec:

BTW- I am a volunteer GAL. I know for a fact that I have legal access to ALL information regarding my GAL kids.

Yes, every state has them, although they are employed differently depending on what is available. There are two types- attorneys (who are required to take cases pro bono for a certain period of time as per their contracts) and volunteer GAL's who specifically train to replace attorney GALs when there is not an attorney available. Sometimes attorneys are also volunteer GALS. As with many social services such as social workers, foster care, etc- there are never enough of either to go around. But it is the law that a child involved in an open DSS case be provided a GAL. (Unfortunately this does not always happen in a timely fashion.)

GALS are the advocate for the child and the child only in family court. Sometimes, if a criminal court becomes involved, GALS will be called in to testify; however they are not legally responsible for anything other than the child in the family court and his or hers DSS involvement.
Does this explain or am I confusing even more?! :waitasec:

BTW- I am a volunteer GAL. I know for a fact that I have legal access to ALL information regarding my GAL kids.

I am aware of how the GAL system works. I just couldn't confirm for the poster asking the question IF every state has GAL's, but clearly indicated that I felt all the states had GAL's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member