NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisconsin allows it. I worked as a social worker in Wisconsin. There, a "UCHIPs" petition would need to be filed -- Unborn Child In need of Protection. If there is concrete evidence that a pregnant woman is doing something that harms her child, she can be taken into custody and a UCHIPs can be filed to hold her and protect the child. I'm not sure what other states would call this but I imagine that more than just one state in the nation has statutes making it possible.

I wish the unborn had the same rites everywhere. If I say much more, we'll be discussing a political issue that isn't allowed here - and for good reason. We could get WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY off topic in a jiffy! :wink:

I have another question. Why is her name Shaniya DAVIS? Why didnt she take the dads last name if he has raised her since birth?

I wondered that too! Maybe a DNA test was done later on - after the birth certificate was issued!!!

The one thing were not privy to are the surveillance tapes as to who rented the room. Surely LE has this info, but no way in heck are the going to let the media know nor us. MAM said something that prompted the arrest of the mom, those letters are hard to type. Now whether or not he throws her under the bus for all this instead of someone he may be more connected to is the question. Obviously so far she looks like the wicked witch of the east.

We have been spoiled by Sunshine Laws so we may never know.

Another question as to your timeline and the surveillance tapes that I have is the time setting. Are they manually changed? Digitally? My point being the "smart clocks" in our house aren't so smart since congress decided to set time to their schedual. So how accurate are the tapes as far as time?

Bold by me & I love you for saying this!!!

I have the same questions as you...also agree with being spoiled by the Sunshine Law...which doesn't apply in NC, of course.

I wondered that too! Maybe a DNA test was done later on - after the birth certificate was issued!!!

Some states don't allow for the child to take the father's last name unless the parents were married.

Some states don't allow for the child to take the father's last name unless the parents were married.

He said it was a one night stand, I am guessing there was a paternity issue right after birth. I have only heard that he had her the past few years, not since birth?

Well, THAT is VERY interesting!!! What if the mom had been married before? The baby takes on the ex-husband's name rather than the father? Or they go back to the maiden name?

Wow-za! Sounds confusing!!! :waitasec:

The GF has a daughter I saw the myspace that hasn't been logged in since 2006 I think. I believe it the child in the birth announcement. So year this guy has a child a yr younger then Shaniyah and actually somehow was involved in this thing. It's hard to believe. Also hard to believe his gf will stand by him.

Oh sorry,I thought it was a boy,just a baby in car,sometimes you can tell if they're in pink.LOL I wasn't paying attention to the comment under pic,just saw a baby.I wonder if she's his,hope not.

I don't consider myself a sleuther, just one with an inqisitive mind, most times a broken heart,: and an opinion and I have to say I am proud to be a part of this site.The real sleuthers here compassionate, cleaver, smart and on the ball,,,,and I thank you for allowing me to be a part of it all. Thanks to everyone.:woohoo:

Could be wrong here, but most children born out of wedlock recieve the Mother's name here. Unless the Father is named on the birth record.

Passion Flower: I am not sure, but I don;t think we are allowed to put astrological info on this thread, are we?

Just asking, don't want you to get TO.

Well, THAT is VERY interesting!!! What if the mom had been married before? The baby takes on the ex-husband's name rather than the father? Or they go back to the maiden name?

Wow-za! Sounds confusing!!! :waitasec:

Legal name of Mother...

Not sure what the law is, but I know several people who arent married here and the child has the last name of the father. If he raised this girl since birth, or even if he has had her most of the time, why wouldnt he legally change her name? weird, and probably totally meaningless in the grand scheme of things..

Everyone:

Marc Klaas will be here Tuesday night Nov. 17th. at 7:00 PM Pacific and 10:00 PM Eastern for a chat with Websleuths members.

KlaasKids has always been the forefront in trying to stop Human Traficking. You can ask Marc about it Tuesday.

When you get a moment read about how teh FCC is stopping KlaasKids from starting a truckers network for the missing. He needs us to put pressure on the FCC. Read all about it.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91608"]The FCC Won't Help KlaasKids Find the Missing. We Can Change Their Minds - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Here is the link with info for the chat on Tuesday
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69168"]Chat open for discussion all day, every day! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Still have a few pages of catch-up, but maybe checking homes to see if someone is hiding her?

According to that article they were also checking homes and search was resuming tomorrow,maybe just the ground search,hope they're still looking at homes at night.

may I add to my little novel I just posted? My Sister SPOILED my niece. She was dressed to the 9's hair done,beautiful clothes, dance lessons, cheer practice, everything. My sis worked herself sick to make sure my niece "fit in" but in the end, she wanted to go with her dad..thanks.

Understand completely...I have a multi (yes, multi:crazy:) racial son, biracial half sister with whom I was raised and we all (4 girls) in the back of our minds, as kids wondered why none of us looked alike.

My only child / son became very curious about his looks and his "dad's side" very early on...probably as early as 1st grade. So...I completely understand where your sister's coming from.

It's difficult to express without coming off as offensive and such a delicate subject for many (not me...been there, done that, got the t shirt)...so I'll leave it at that and say that I believe your sister's decision was / is the greatest gift she could ever give her daughter. I can't imagine how hard it must still be for her...that's an awesome mommy thing to do! Not sure I could've done it...fortunately for me...my son is in his 2nd year of college, doing great and celebrates every ethnic / cultural holiday he can to get him a free pass from class, work, etc. LOL! (MLK, Cinco de Mayo, St. Patty's Day....:blushing:)

Dont' remember who asked but yes the woman next to Shaniya's father was his sister Aunt Kathy. Don't know if she is the one who dropped her off or not. HTH.

Could be wrong here, but most children born out of wedlock recieve the Mother's name here. Unless the Father is named on the birth record.
You're probably right, and this doozy of a "mother" probably wasnt sure who to write down..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932