NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's MAM's record like? I mean, is there more than drug charges? I haven't read everything yet...maybe I should.

I'm going to throw this out there b/c it kinda just popped into my head. Drug dealers and people that do drugs are bad, yes, but it doesn't make them child molesters and such. Most people would balk at the idea of a child being used for sex acts. What about if MAM knew what Shaniya's mom was all about and thought she was prostituting her daughter out? What about if he either went along with the plan to purchase Shaniya, or maybe he just out & out kidnapped her to get her away from that situation? Maybe he took Shaniya b/c he knew or suspected her mom was selling her out and he placed her with a better family?

Yeah, I know, I must be insane to even suggest such a thing. But it sure would be nice if Shaniya is with a good family...even though I don't believe that to be the case...just wanted to throw something else out there. At this point, I'm just hoping that she's alive.

Hi JerseyGirl... ok so you're saying even tho LE has specifically charged AD w abusing her daughter by prostituting her daughter out for "sexual servitude" that these charges could be unrelated to McNeill... and that McNeill's role was a benevolent--even altruistic one. Well, it certainly does offer some hope where other theories haven't any to offer but this doesn't seem likely. Even to a rosy-colored-glasses, glass-half-full, faith-filled kinda bird like me. JMO

:parrot:

Well, THAT is VERY interesting!!! What if the mom had been married before? The baby takes on the ex-husband's name rather than the father? Or they go back to the maiden name?

Wow-za! Sounds confusing!!! :waitasec:

Yep! I know a crazy case where the mom had a baby from an affair outside of her marriage, her husband raised the child thinking he was his son, they got divorced, had a paternity, & he had to pay child support until he could find the real father! This is my best friend's cousin that this happened to...the poor guy never did anything wrong in his life! The boy had his last name and it could not be removed as part of his legal identity until his ex-wife re-married & the boy was adopted legally by her now husband...which is also the boys biological father...literally. He's really the bio dad & he had to pay to adopt his son, my friend's cousin had to pay for the dna testing, and the mom got away with everything...except she had to pay back the child support. Yayyy.

Oh good,we need people to lead in getting things done,more networks and stricter laws.There's got to be ways we can help stop this wide spread horror of human trafficking and missing kids.

I find it interesting they are checking homes, I would tend to think they have keyed in on this area but may not be sure she is deceased. I wonder if it's pings that have them there. Apparently whatever tip they have it does not specify whether she's alive or not!

Well good night all, be reading in the early am with my coffee. Please let there be a good outcome for little Shaniya.

Peace

I'm thinking it may have been up to the mother as to what name. Since they were never a couple, she probably chose her own. Obviously, it's not a law there because McNeill and Autry aren't married and their little girl is name McNeill.

Understand completely...I have a multi (yes, multi:crazy:) racial son, biracial half sister with whom I was raised and we all (4 girls) in the back of our minds, as kids wondered why none of us looked alike.

My only child / son became very curious about his looks and his "dad's side" very early on...probably as early as 1st grade. So...I completely understand where your sister's coming from.

It's difficult to express without coming off as offensive and such a delicate subject for many (not me...been there, done that, got the t shirt)...so I'll leave it at that and say that I believe your sister's decision was / is the greatest gift she could ever give her daughter. I can't imagine how hard it must still be for her...that's an awesome mommy thing to do! Not sure I could've done it...fortunately for me...my son is in his 2nd year of college, doing great and celebrates every ethnic / cultural holiday he can to get him a free pass from class, work, etc. LOL! (MLK, Cinco de Mayo, St. Patty's Day....:blushing:)
I am so happy to hear that story. My sister has become a stark raving mad lunatic. She is absolutely devastated that her daughter "left" and choose to live with Dad.
She has really lost it, but thats another talk show... :)
I am happy about your son, I needed that!

Just a hunch but I'm not sure it was not entirely the dad's idea to send Shaniya away. He travels alot for business so he's obviously not the one taking care of her 24/7. Find out who that is and that's who influenced him IMO. NO it does not justify such negligence, but I think it provides some answers.

Hi JerseyGirl... ok so you're saying even tho LE has specifically charged AD w abusing her daughter by prostituting her daughter out for "sexual servitude" that these charges are unrelated to McNeill... and that McNeill's actions were benevolent--even altruistic. Well, it certainly does offer some hope where other theories haven't any to offer but this doesn't seem likely. Even to a rosy-glasses, glass-half-full, faith-filled kinda bird like me. JMO

Oh trust me, I totally agree with you. I was only throwing something else out there. I do not believe that to be the case, just wanted to try something out to see if it fit.

Of course it doesn't fit.

I hope she's found alive but I have a sick feeling she's already dead. If she isn't, why isn't he talking about where Shaniya is? Either she's with somebody else, or she's deceased. If he's the middle man, then she could still be alive. If he used Shaniya for his own benefit, then I would think she's no longer with us and has already been murdered.

How ya doin' kiki?

Not sure what the law is, but I know several people who arent married here and the child has the last name of the father. If he raised this girl since birth, or even if he has had her most of the time, why wouldnt he legally change her name? weird, and probably totally meaningless in the grand scheme of things..

When I was pregnant I had to go to the hospital for NST's. I was married but chose to keep my maiden name. The receptionist informed me that the crib card would say my maiden name if I didn't change it. The birth certificate however you can put whatever name you want. I know someone who misunderstood and thought it mean't it had to be her last name on birth certificate.

Dont' remember who asked but yes the woman next to Shaniya's father was his sister Aunt Kathy. Don't know if she is the one who dropped her off or not. HTH.

Oh thank you,I had been looking trying to find out if it was a sister and her name.

I am interested to hear what comes out on Levis show tonight...I will have my ears on..

Who was that woman at the presser when the Dad was talking?There was two women,one on either side and the woman at his right side took over talking for him said,"Let's go."Was that the Aunt,his sister that dropped Shaniya off or anyone know?

The woman to his left who appeared a bit older and was visibly upset and crying is his sister. The other female on his left is suppose to be his fiance. She appeared unemotional and did not speak at all that I can remember. Just an observation. Shaniya's aunt was very upset. I wonder if she kept the little girl when the father was out of town. Probably a mother figure for Shaniya.

My nephew has his mother's maiden name, it was what she wanted. The father did not want to be involved. She has since married, but her son still has her maiden name, since there are lots of complications with adoption and the father giving up rights in order for her husband and father that this child knows to give him his name!

Understand completely...I have a multi (yes, multi:crazy:) racial son, biracial half sister with whom I was raised and we all (4 girls) in the back of our minds, as kids wondered why none of us looked alike.

My only child / son became very curious about his looks and his "dad's side" very early on...probably as early as 1st grade. So...I completely understand where your sister's coming from.

It's difficult to express without coming off as offensive and such a delicate subject for many (not me...been there, done that, got the t shirt)...so I'll leave it at that and say that I believe your sister's decision was / is the greatest gift she could ever give her daughter. I can't imagine how hard it must still be for her...that's an awesome mommy thing to do! Not sure I could've done it...fortunately for me...my son is in his 2nd year of college, doing great and celebrates every ethnic / cultural holiday he can to get him a free pass from class, work, etc. LOL! (MLK, Cinco de Mayo, St. Patty's Day....:blushing:)

Yes maybe in a case where there's a reciprocal interest in a relationship, where there is no question of parenting fitness or the safety of a child is not in question etc... but it is hardly a "gift" when you consider the #ell hole in Sleepy Hollow to which a defenseless Shaniya was sent. Cultural idenity hardly matters if a child may never celebrate another holiday again. :(

The woman to his left who appeared a bit older and was visibly upset and crying is his sister. The other female on his left is suppose to be his fiance. She appeared unemotional and did not speak at all that I can remember. Just an observation. Shaniya's aunt was very upset. I wonder if she kept the little girl when the father was out of town. Probably a mother figure for Shaniya.

That's his fiance? Wow, I assumed another daughter or niece, she seemed awfully young IMO.

In Texas, mother can give the baby dad's last name on birth certificate if they are married -- but if not married, there's another form that has to be completed by biomom & biodad that's filed with the birth certificate.

Biomoms cannot put biodad's name on a birth certificate w/o the add'l form.

Otherwise, biomoms could name whoever they wanted as a child's father on a brith certificate.

(I suppose it's possible that biomoms lie & say they are married when they are not.)

Some states don't allow for the child to take the father's last name unless the parents were married.

In Oregon, I wasn't married to my daughter's father and on birth certificate the space for the father was left blank. After a DNA test established he was the father, the birth certificate was automatically changed to show him as the father. As far as the last name, in Oregon at least, you can give the child any last name you want, but the father's name won't be on the birth certificate unless you are married or paternity is established (either by DNA or sworn afidavid by the father).

I find it interesting they are checking homes, I would tend to think they have keyed in on this area but may not be sure she is deceased. I wonder if it's pings that have them there. Apparently whatever tip they have it does not specify whether she's alive or not!
I wonder if it's possible McNeill was stupid enough to use his own cell phone and not a disposable one. :waitasec: MOO

I'm expecting the charges to change for McNeill tomorrow. Human trafficing and most likely a sex crime against Shaniya at the very least. If she was murdered, I think the mother should share that charge as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sashafari