GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
awaiting new developments

Praying for justice to be served for this sweet angel.

The "Mother" is scheduled for court 9-16

Richardson is scheduled 9-7 for the following-
1st degree kidnapping
1st degree sex offense on a child
1st degree rape of a child
Felony INT CHILD ABUSE-SER BOD INJ (Whatever this is)
1st degree murder

All this info is from the NC Court Calendars.
http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars/CriminalQuery.html

I would link to it, but they change their links so much.

So we're basically waiting till Sept for any more info. I've checked numerous times and I'm to the point I'm thinking of email Bizzell.....

Bumping for little Teghan

i saw the pic posted ..poor baby girl Teghan.she did deserve more than living in a barn, like an animal ,with a MONSTER>

not a peep - I guess we will have to wait till the 7th........:banghead:

I have a question.
Why kidnapping? I don't understand that charge because the "mother" left her there. I mean the mother has been charged with that. So where would kidnapping come in?

Same thing in Shaniya Davis' case in NC. Her "mother" let MAM take her to settle a drug debt. The "mother" has been charged for it. So why kidnapping?

Anybody else confused on this?

Don't get me wrong, I think all involved with both cases should get as many charges filed against them as possible, I just don't understand how you can charge one person for allowing the person to have a child and charge the other for kidnapping.

I too am confused by the kidnap charge, both here and in little Shaniya's case. No one has been able to explain it to me.

Maybe he refused to give her back or refused to give her to bio family once they realized Mom gave the child to him to watch.

Maybe so believe, but I don't recall reading anything about the mother asking for her back. And, if the relatives asked, he would not have to give her to them I don't think because the mother left her there.

Is this some odd way NC charges perps in cases like this? I've only seen this 2 times, both young girls, both in NC, both "mothers" allowed the men to have/keep/torture/beat/kill (you get the picture) the children. Both "mothers" have been charged. I just don't get it.

I specifically recall when this case first broke that the mother's family were unaware that she had left the child in this man's care or they would have objected and intervened. I also specifically recall that the mother did not request he return the child to her as she was away at military training.

So the mystery is still there for us kimberly. I really am stymied as to where that charge stems from. And the same MAM over on shaniya's thread, never could get it there either.

I specifically recall when this case first broke that the mother's family were unaware that she had left the child in this man's care or they would have objected and intervened. I also specifically recall that the mother did not request he return the child to her as she was away at military training.

So the mystery is still there for us kimberly. I really am stymied as to where that charge stems from. And the same MAM over on shaniya's thread, never could get it there either.

I feel the same way tlcox. That's why I was wondering if it was a NC thing.

Maybe someone could email the Sheriff's Office and see if they can explain the charges.

I too am confused by the kidnap charge, both here and in little Shaniya's case. No one has been able to explain it to me.

I understand it to be a charge that allows for a higher penalty for the perpetrator of that specific charge without affecting the penalties of charges against other perpetrators. Wait- does that make sense?
ETA: without affecting the sentencing against others? Hmm we need to ask an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member