GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping if mom is charged, she pleads guilty and takes the punishment. I am still waiting for the justification.

Statement by Child Welfare Administrator with Wake County Human Services

http://www.wral.com/news/local/page/8048453/

from the link:

Re: Child Protective Services Involvement with Teghan Skiba

In compliance with North Carolina General Statute 7B-2902, Wake County is releasing a written summary of findings and information concerning Child Welfare actions with Tehgan Skiba.

Monday afternoon, the social worker, supervisor and program manager went to the hospital. They supervised visits with the mother, maternal relatives, and paternal relatives. They arranged for the father, Mr. Skiba, to be allowed to participate by telephone in a meeting between physicians, Child Welfare, the mother, and her sister to discuss Teghan’s condition.

I just can't wrap my head around this. Teghan should still be alive. She should NEVER have been in those living conditions with that monster. :banghead: :banghead:

Zelmajane, fhc and others thank you so much for keeping this case updated. I have been out of town the last few days. I plan toget caught up tomorrow. I am exhausted but wanted to pop in and say thank you soooo much.

Thank goodness mom will be held accountable for the FATAL bad judgment she exercised when she left that precious little angel in the hands of that monster.

I am so livid that this mother had so many other options available to her and she chose this as childcare.

Poor little Teghan. :(
According to new search warrants, the 4-year-old girl was a victim of "forced consumption of alcohol". The warrants state that she suffered severe physical beatings and assault by biting between July 5 and July 16. The warrant says Reyes had "firsthand knowledge" of this kind of abuse before July 5.

I was trying so hard to hold onto my neutral postition regarding biomom. Out the window it goes...

:banghead:

I forsee a dishonerable discharge in her future and please God some punishment for this.

me too believe, me too.

I may have to time myself out from this case...I mean there were choices here. I get nauseated imagining what that child went through for the 4 weeks she was alone with them in that "outbuilding." LE must be traumatized.

I am right there with you believe.

I am so grateful they arrested the bio-mom. As far as I am concerned she is even more responsible for this, than the thing that killed Teghan. She had other options. She left her with that monster anyway. There are no words for what I think of her.

Glad she was charged.

As has been said before on this board, that sheriff is a good man.

I think in my ideal world, the biomom would be held for the same set of charges-because she was more responsible for this baby. It is no different than Riley Sawyer, or anyone of the other cases I have read about where biomom brings on board a boyfriend/new husband and lets them murder their child.

According to new search warrants, the 4-year-old girl was a victim of "forced consumption of alcohol". The warrants state that she suffered severe physical beatings and assault by biting between July 5 and July 16. The warrant says Reyes had "firsthand knowledge" of this kind of abuse before July 5.

And she still left Teghan with that monster. :furious:

Not only is it infuriating but if she was truly scared of him she could have gone straight to the sheriff. They could have rescued that baby!!! I suspected this was going on before she left. I remember on the search warrant the confiscated a camera. Oh I hope it's not what I think!!

Snip
In 2008, Richardson was found guilty of assault on a female, according to court records. He was ordered to enter an abuser treatment program and attend a domestic violence program in Johnston County.
Snip

Hmmm. Guess it was not very effective.

I am not bashing-why did Mom move in with a boyfriend of 6 mos into a barn that had no running water, and not only take her child with her, but leave her child with the man while she left the state? A man with a record??

We can only say mom has her blinders on :( My niece does the same thing - going from man to man with no regard to her little girl. Scares me.

People who do not follow the news, or WS's, have no idea what goes on out there. So wrapped up in a bubble that they can't imagine someone would hurt a child.

I'd love to crawl into a bubble myself, but know that's not reality. Especially after reading the daily news posts here :(

Prayers to this precious one - she's in a better place. And may both get the time they deserve!

Mel

I was trying so hard to hold onto my neutral postition regarding biomom. Out the window it goes...

:banghead:

I forsee a dishonerable discharge in her future and please God some punishment for this.

It was rather obvious to me from the start. Who leaves her child with a 21 year old man who isn't related to the child, in some outhouse with a single mattress (apparently) on the floor? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Thank goodness she's been charged! I don't think she deserves the term "mother" or "mom." She has not earned the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8