GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
panthera, he talked Reyes into leaving Teghan with him. He told her his sister was coming with her kids. What? Like for a month? Six weeks? Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Then the woman claims she was afraid of him?

Seriously what is up with that? Apparently Teghan and Reyes lived with her mother prior to this hook up. Teghan's dad's aunts said they would have cared for this child.

I'm wondering how old his grands are and how the poor gram had to put up with him? Something is up.
Oh I know he lied to her about his sister coming with her kids, but what gets me is just what Reyes claims ~ that she was afraid of him and yet she left her 4 y/o daughter with him? It seems she would've made sure the little girl was safe while she was gone. MOO

Well posters I did not get to go to the vigil. I am recovering from brain surgery and the heat was just too much. I thought it best that I not attend. I'm sure there will be some coverage later on the news and I'll be sure and post it as soon as I find it.

RIP Teghan

Be well, TG. Stay out of that heat!

Vigil honors Johnston County domestic violence, abuse victims

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/8012551/

One of the people honored at Thursday night's vigil was the most recent victim, 4-year-old Teghan Alyssa Skiba, who died at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill Monday night.
Investigators said the girl had been sexually abused, beaten and bitten in a barn behind a Smithfield home. Her mother’s boyfriend, Jonathan Douglas Richardson, 21, has been charged in her death.

They have got to get tougher on domestic violence. They need to strengthen protections and sentences. There has to be a way to stop some of this violence. It is out of control. People shouldn't have to live their lives in fear.

Suspect in girl's death: I 'lost it'

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/21/590752/suspect-in-girls-death-i-lost.html

Bizzell said that in interviews with investigators, Reyes said that she was sometimes afraid of Richardson.
"You would think that if she was afraid of him, and if she knew the conditions that she had resided in with him, that she would have used some common sense before leaving that child with him in those conditions."
Neighbors said Tuesday that they didn't know Richardson or the girl, but they spoke highly of the Creeches.
"They're wonderful people that have been victims in all this," said Vicky Smith, who lives next door.
Tommy Harris, another neighbor, said he knew Richardson was living in the cabin out back but didn't think much of it. "That wasn't my concern," Harris said.
"This investigation is in no ways over," Bizzell said. "Anybody who was directly or possibly indirectly involved that meets the level of a crime ... we're certainly going to be pursuing them.
"Somebody's got to stand in for the little girl."

This whole thing just sickens me.

How have our men become so twisted and un-manly. Are we really evolving backwards at that alarming of a rate? Men are supposed to be the protectors, it's hardwired... or supposed to be anyways. I believe it's the result of centuries of inbreeding finally catching up. (You can all yell at me now and call me crazy. ;)

And as far as the mother goes. Shame on her! There is not a word in the english language to describe my distaste for what she has done.

I am a single mother. I have left my son alone for short periods of time with friends and yes boyfriends... but not friends or boyfriends I knew less than six months and met at a bar and was afraid of... my GOD! what was she thinking? Especially for a long term thing... in the eight years my son has been alive we have been apart for more than a work or school day only a handful of times. Each of those times not only was my son safe with one of his sets of grandparents, but he was overpacked, there were lists upon lists of things he likes and doesn't, I called daily, sometimes several times daily. If I couldn't get a hold of them for more than a few hours I would freak out and start calling everyone they knew until I found them... I can't imagine leaving my son for an extended period of time with someone I barely know... I just can't. My current boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year, we knew each other as friends for a year before that and I JUST started leaving my son with him for short periods of time and letting him take him to do guy stuff... but still I always make sure my son has his cell and my number on speed dial.

These days... there is not one person in my book above suspicion when it comes to the safety of my child. And that's the way it has to be unfortunately.

RIP little Teghan, you deserved a better fate than this. There will be justice for you, and I know on that day you will be smiling down on us from the arms of the angels.

I know exactly what you mean. I was a single mom with a 5 year old daughter. I NEVER EVER let her near any guys I dated. Her bio dad (she calls a sperm donor) had her every other weekend so I dated on those weekends. I met my now hubby (Brian) just after she turned six. I dated him exclusively for 5 months before I ever even let her meet him. Brian had an in ground pool and I took her over to go swimming. Oh my lord he fell in love with her and she with him. We dated another year or so before we decided to get married. In that time I slowly built up to her spending more and more time with Brian but I watched like a hawk!!! We eloped to the Bahamas and got married. We decided to have ahuge reception at home. I had no idea Brian was going to do this, but when we got back, in front of his family and mine, he gave our daughter a ring too and promisee to always love and protect her. That was 16 years ago. I'm happy to say I know I made the right choices when she was growing up. I kept her safe - I'm her mom and that was/is my job!!! It wasn't always easy and Brian and I fought at times because I refused to leave her with a sitter unless it was my mom. In the end, though I think he knew how much she meant to me...and still does.

I am a single mother. Fortunately, I have a wonderful relationship with my son's father. I have a social life and boyfriend-ish type people I see while he is at his father's.

None of the men that have been in my life have ever had any contact whatsoever with my son. They do not stay in this house with him, they do not meet him, they know his name and that's it.

Perhaps, a very long ways down the road, if the relationship I am currently in was to mature that would change. The man I am seeing has his doctorate and a job and a home etc etc. Who the hell sees some duck bashing LOSER that seems unemployed, lives in a barn and keeps those kind of social networking profiles? With a kid/ without a kid?! I mean his IQ appears so low you would have to dig for it!! Frankly, I think he comes across too dense to be bipolar.

Come on, ladies, raise your standards. Date men with jobs and careers and goals. If I can find them, trust me, it's not that difficult.

I don't sit in judgement of anyone but if I was this child's mother I would have taken my gov't issued firearm and immediately shot myself in the head. I could never live with this kind of guilt. Ever.

So, was this "boyfriend" homeless and jobless? How else does he even end up in a barn?

I will never understand what happened to Teghan or how she could have ended up in that location in the first place, let alone that situation. I hope the mom gives some answers!

PS- I thank the locals who will devote their time and attention to be a voice for Teghan. She obviously didn't have anyone speaking for her while she was alive. Bless you all.

Most of the women that are the mothers of these murdered children have, ummm, suspect taste in men in general. I wouldn't accept a drink from this one, let alone a night on his air mattress in a barn.

They need to get some freaking standards. I live by the wise words of Young MC.
Got no money and you got no car? Then you got no woman. And there you are.
And that's just to hang out with me! Hanging out with my kid would require some pretty extensive history with me. On top of having a job, some goals and the ability to enrich my life on some level. Isn't that kind of the point?

OMG. I just looked at this again. What was she thinking?

greenbean and rosewhite I totally agree. No, poor Teghan did not have some one/ any one (apparently) to stand up for her while she was alive - but she will now. I can promise you that!!!!

As of yet I have heard of no funeral arrangements, no word from her mother. But then again I haven't checked the news in the last couple of hours.

Suspect in girl's death: I 'lost it'

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/21/590752/suspect-in-girls-death-i-lost.html

Bizzell said that in interviews with investigators, Reyes said that she was sometimes afraid of Richardson.
"You would think that if she was afraid of him, and if she knew the conditions that she had resided in with him, that she would have used some common sense before leaving that child with him in those conditions."
Neighbors said Tuesday that they didn't know Richardson or the girl, but they spoke highly of the Creeches.
"They're wonderful people that have been victims in all this," said Vicky Smith, who lives next door.
Tommy Harris, another neighbor, said he knew Richardson was living in the cabin out back but didn't think much of it. "That wasn't my concern," Harris said.
"This investigation is in no ways over," Bizzell said. "Anybody who was directly or possibly indirectly involved that meets the level of a crime ... we're certainly going to be pursuing them.
"Somebody's got to stand in for the little girl."
BBM

Thank goodness for men like Sheriff Bizzell! :clap: MOO

Sheriff Bizzell is a really great guy. I just wish I had some more news to report.

Seriously, thank you all so much for helping me keep this case alive. I know this is gonna sound crazy but one of my friends spent 17 years in prison for rape - he did not committ. DNA exhonorated him. The young girl that accused him is now one of his closest friends. He is truly a good man with a good heart that was put in the prison system in error. He is outraged by this case and he plans to be with me through out the hearings and court dates. He has been through hell and back yet HE still cares enough to stand up for Teghan. When her own bio mom wouldn't.....

Sheriff Bizzell is a really great guy. I just wish I had some more news to report.

Seriously, thank you all so much for helping me keep this case alive. I know this is gonna sound crazy but one of my friends spent 17 years in prison for rape - he did not committ. DNA exhonorated him. The young girl that accused him is now one of his closest friends. He is truly a good man with a good heart that was put in the prison system in error. He is outraged by this case and he plans to be with me through out the hearings and court dates. He has been through hell and back yet HE still cares enough to stand up for Teghan. When her own bio mom wouldn't.....
It is so nice to hear there still are many unselfish, caring people in the world. If only little Teghan had known them....... :cry:

I agree. I am an advocate for children and pregnant murdered women - long story. To know that my friend who has spent his life in the "system" is willing to stand up and support this beautiful baby after what his life has been - it astounds me.

Thank God for you and yours, lady. Need more people like you. I'll be checking back to see what becomes of this.

I suspected that the Army had a program for parents in this postition...very sad that mom did not avail herself of it. Still patiently waiting to find out how this situation occurred when she had options...JMO.

The death penalty seems to easy in my opinion. At most a few minutes of pain and he's done. Doesn't seem to compare to what Teghan went through. No, I'd almost rather see life without parole and let him live the rest of his life going through some of what he put her through. Seeing as child abusers are considered low lifes even in prison. Seems like he should have the chance to understand what he did to this beautiful child very clearly. No, I'm not against him getting the death penalty, it just doesn't seem fair to give him a pretty quick death after what he condemned her to.

Thank you fellow NCers for what you're doing - I was sadly unaware since working 2 jobs right now keeps me shielded from the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper