GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Topsail, any word on who is defending this ? Court appointed?

Had lunch with a dear friend the other day that is retired Raleigh PD and still has links to RPD. He has a granddaughter Teghan's age. Oh I wish I could write what he said. He is usually very level headed and doesn't spout off. Not this case. I asked if he thought that the Mom would be charged, he said "Justice will prevail. You just don't know what is going on inside the case. We will find out eventually."

Topsail, let me know if you need help. I'm up that way frequently. You know where to find me otherwise :) I hope your health gets better soon.

I can't remember, did you know Michelle Young?

I hope he has nightmares about her every night for the rest of his life. I hope she rattles his bars and whispers in his ear. I hope he sees her face in front of his eyes every time he opens or closes them. I can't accept that there are people like this in the same world I live in. And there are so many just like him. How can it make someone feel like a man to hurt a small child that can't protect themselves? I know there are women just as bad. I don't understand why these things can't be stopped when there are so many people who care and are wrecked by these stories. So many of them don't even get life in prison. Why does the justice system feel that a childs life is less valuable than that of an adult? Why are there mothers who will dump their kids on anybody, so long as they don't have to take care of them, regardless of what that person may do to them? Why was this mother afraid for herself, but not her daughter? I'm just so disgusted. My heart hurts for all of these children.

I suspected that the Army had a program for parents in this postition...very sad that mom did not avail herself of it. Still patiently waiting to find out how this situation occurred when she had options...JMO.

I hope the army will charge her if she failed to follow her parenting plan. I will also be very surprised if she did not have one. This is pretty much a priority when you are in the military, as it should be. You must have a plan for long-term care of your children.

Salem

Just heard about this case. It's becoming a weekly event isn't it with our poor children. Heart breaking.

Anyway, when's the funeral? There's not been a word from the Mother? Nothing? Or, from her family?

If I were her-I'd be locked up in a pysch ward on major drugs. Where is she?

I hope the army will charge her if she failed to follow her parenting plan. I will also be very surprised if she did not have one. This is pretty much a priority when you are in the military, as it should be. You must have a plan for long-term care of your children.

Salem

Filly,

I wish I could answer your questions but I know nothing of hunting. Woody whacker means nothing to me. Maybe someone else may know.

Ya' know I care about all these kids - the ones dead, alive and missing. Some get to me more than others. This one has bothered me so much because it is literally in my back yard. Don't get me wrong I hope the Sloops rot for what they've done too, it's just that this one is getting to me in another way completely. I can't quite put my finger on why.

I asked someone who is an avid hunter/fisherman. It can translate to "spanking the monkey", "climbing the flagpole", etc. He is a Pervert!!

I know a lot of people (being in the medical field), who are bipolar. There are 2 phases of bipolar disease, mania and depression. A person who is bipolar and violent is pretty rare, as bipolars are usually hardest on themselves. In manic phases they can have issues of impulsivity, that can lead to criminal behavior, but not usually violent behavior. Please note, I didn't say NEVER, just that violence by a bipolar person is uncommon.

Now there are schizophrenics, dual, or even triple diagnosis patients who are INSANE and will be violent, some even living to plan their next violent attack! Even their numbers are small. Most mentally ill people hurt themselves, before they even think of harming anyone else.

This person, (it makes me sick to associate him with a normal human being) is insane enough to believe that he had the right to abuse, violate and cause the death of this innocent child. He is one sick (insert every swear word I know, here, please). Her "Mother", who was afraid of this piece of trash, was too concerned with herself, to protect her four year old. Did she leave her daughter with him because she was too lazy to do better by her, or was she leaving her there to protect her own back end, so he wouldn't be violent against her?

Ummm, yea, don't worry, my sister and her kids will be around to get your daughter, when it suits her.

How was he going to explain the cuts, bruises, sexual and mental trauma when she returned after two weeks?

I hope and pray for justice in this matter. How many more children must die before Americas' law makers and Mothers across this nation wake up and things change?

God bless us all on judgment day.

This raises some interesting questions for me-would you put an obit in the paper for your murdered 4 year old and what are the donations going to be used for?

There is no way for me to write this that would indicate how neutrally I am asking these questions....I really am. But I am confused. Mom was not listed on the Capitol Bank account, correct?

Looks like the father's family on the Capital Bank account? Same last name.

I think the public would want to see the obit and the photo's, but only the father and mother are listed as realtives. No grandparents or aunts and uncles.

Looking at the photo gallery made me cry. She was SOOOO loved.

Unfortunately, she just wasn't loved enough to be kept safe from a monster. I can't help it. I am so angry with her mother. This didn't have to happen. She clearly had other options for the care of her child and she left her with a monster.

I wonder where her dad was and how long they were separated...I wonder if he knew she left her with that monster...

I am so sorry Tehgan, that so many people who had the power to act in another way and protect you, didn't.

I won't throw stones at mom (not that anyone here has as yet, the criticisms I've read have not been spiteful) but I too have to wonder what on earth so many mothers are thinking when they expose their defenseless little ones to men who are mentally ill, have sexual assaults in their pasts, keep weapons close at hand, and overall would never, in a million years, pass the sniff test for us here? Why is there an epidemic of mothers exercising zero judgment in this way?

who failed to protect this defenseless girl? Mom, Family members (mom does not live in a bubble, where did her family members think Tehgan was while mom was gone?), perp, perp's grandparents (were they unaware their mentally ill grandson had this child out in that barn for ten days torturing her and if so, how?

So very sad, and once again, completely preventable! I am disheartened beyond belief that this scene continues to play out across our great nation, day after day, week after week. Sickens me.

Because I read so much true crime.. here on Websleuths and the news in almost all the states, I chose 6 yrs ago to quit dating. I simply cannot control my mind of what COULD happen to my lil girl...who is only 7 and has Down syndrome. So.. while i struggle with being a single parent and all that.. I have peace of mind.. shes not out of my sight except the *lil bus* and the GUARDED blue hall of the special ed where shes in school...
I just dont care anymore abouty having a man like i did when i was in my 20 and 30's... I had my glory days.. time to buckle down and protect what God gave me to watch for him...
:angel:
:)

Wonder when the Sheriff will decide whether or not Mom is going to be charged as well?

WRAL Breaking News:
Breaking News: Wake Child Protective Services received no reports of suspected abuse or neglect of Teghan Skiba prior to her death.

It won't stay where it is, because it is on the main page at WRAL.com

Because I read so much true crime.. here on Websleuths and the news in almost all the states, I chose 6 yrs ago to quit dating. I simply cannot control my mind of what COULD happen to my lil girl...who is only 7 and has Down syndrome. So.. while i struggle with being a single parent and all that.. I have peace of mind.. shes not out of my sight except the *lil bus* and the GUARDED blue hall of the special ed where shes in school...
I just dont care anymore abouty having a man like i did when i was in my 20 and 30's... I had my glory days.. time to buckle down and protect what God gave me to watch for him...
:angel:
:)

Smart thinking Debbie. I have to agree you are doing the smart thing, especially with a DS child. Disabled children, I feel, are much more vulnerable because they often have difficulty verbalizing. This gives the perp a sense of safety in that they don't think the child will or can tell on them. I know that I personally wouldn't take the chance. That's JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz