GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the man to man thing with a child in tow? That is the part I do not get.

ok he was living behind his parents in the barn...they knew there was no running water or bathroom...therefore that wasn't proper living situation for a child..I am sure they knew of his previous LE problems as well as his "bipolar" issues. they knew they child was alone with him. I personally think they should be charged as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:furious:

Not his parents, his grandparents. Sheriff already said they had nothing to do with it.

It was rather obvious to me from the start. Who leaves her child with a 21 year old man who isn't related to the child, in some outhouse with a single mattress (apparently) on the floor? It doesn't make any sense to me.

So, it would be O.K. if the guy was related to her? Same scene but a blood relative?

So, it would be O.K. if the guy was related to her? Same scene but a blood relative?

I personally would be comfortable leaving my child with my relatives because I tend to trust my relatives more than strangers. People whose relatives are un-trustworthy of course shouldn't leave their children with those relatives.

I just read the Raleigh news and saw she was arrested..Thank GOD... I sure hope NC follows up/thru with the punishments... i live in NC and.. some of the CRA* we read is just so close to home.. just makes me sad/then mad and ill..

Teaghan... you are well loved, thought of, and missed by ALOT of people... :angel: R.I.P lil one... :rose:

Just didn't increase her bond.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/8061843/

Prosecutors tried Friday to have her bond raised to $250,000, alleging that she is a flight risk and that she knew her daughter was being abused. In a brief court hearing, District Judge Resson Faircloth kept her bond at $50,000, and he ordered her not to leave North Carolina.

This just makes me angry.
Now honey, you can't take care of your children, so I'm going to trust that you will listen when I tell you not to leave NC.

Sheesh.

Not his parents, his grandparents. Sheriff already said they had nothing to do with it.

are his grandparents blind? they had nothing to do with it...they turned a blind eye in my opinion...did they never see the little girl? I am sorry but I think it is inexcusable they didn't notice something. Sorry to be so angry but people can only play dumb so long..this is a death of a innocent child..any adult who would have seen her in the days leading up to this should have realized something was wrong..particularly someone who has been a parent!!!!!!!!!!!!! just the fact he had her in a barn with no electric, water or toilet should have been cause for concern...:furious:

sleuth, if you go back to read the sheriff's statements, GParents were unaware that anyone other than their grandson was living in that building period. And the sheriff believes them.

This murder is at the hands of Richardson and Reyes only, imo.

ok I guess they never seen the mom or the little girl while they both where there. I think the mom left july 5 or 6...if she passed away the 19th and I think they said she lived 3 days in the hospital he took her to the hospital around july 16 so she was in the barn with him about 10 days. I find it hard to believe they never seen her but if the sheriff says they didn't then I guess they didn't. :waitasec: no sense speculating anyway, what's done is done and richardson and reyes both need to pay for her suffering and death. I shudder to think what her life was like those days prior to going to the hospital! :furious: she should be worried about playing dolls not what was going to happen to her. :furious: I am just completely sick over this and that no one was aware of anything.:furious:

"She knew he had beaten the little four year old girl in her presence before," Johnston County Sheriff Steve Bizzell told ABC11.

She SAW some abuse. Is there any sort of accessory to murder charges she can face? Hopefully?

There's a link on the left page of that article to about 8 pictures of Teghan. Makes me so sick. Why, if she didn't want her little girl could she not leave her with the Grandparents? Was it just being a spiteful *itch to keep her away from the paternal side? Is your child being tortured and murdered better then letting grandparents have her?

If all this started before Mom left and she was aware, she's AS GUILTY as the killer.

Hey Posters,

Thanks all for keeping this going. I was out of town again this weekend and just now catching up. I still can't figure out why Reyes is not being charged more harshly. SHE KNEW the abuse was happening. Teghan had been forced to drink alcohol and Reyes had witnessed her beatings..... I'm sick to my stomach..

Hey Posters,

Thanks all for keeping this going. I was out of town again this weekend and just now catching up. I still can't figure out why Reyes is not being charged more harshly. SHE KNEW the abuse was happening. Teghan had been forced to drink alcohol and Reyes had witnessed her beatings..... I'm sick to my stomach..

I am too, Topsail Girl. I wish she was being charged more harshly too. I wonder if the negligent child abuse was the harshest crime they could charge her with that would stick.

I can't help but wonder if Teghan cried for her mom to come rescue her from the nightmare she was living in, only to have her cries unanswered. Her mom left her there knowing she likely would be abuse because she had already witnessed it before.

I have a good one for you - a kid my daughter went to school with got arrested Fri night for maintaining a home to distrib drugs, a vehicle to distrib drugs, possession of a controlled sunstance (oxycodone), mary jane and drug paraphanalia. His bond was set at 75K - 75K for THAT and Reyes was what? 50 K????? What the f is wrong with this scene??????? Oh and today his bond was dropped to 50K. This truly is a sad world......

Hearing is the 12th - no news in the last couple of days that I can find. Anyone find anything?

Bumping for Teghan - just another couple of days and we should have some news.

Hoping you are feeling well, Topsail.

Prayers for Teghan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members