GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please check on Helen Reyes. Is she restrained, duct taped and being tortured with an electrical cord some where? If not, well then she is living the high life.

I am actually guessing she got off completely.
If not... she is likely out on bail awaiting trial.

I am actually guessing she got off completely.
If not... she is likely out on bail awaiting trial.

I could not find anything on her when I searched up coming trials and I don't know how to search past ones.

Leavenworth...Do they send reserves to Leavenworth?

I don't know, would that show up on vinelink?

That's what I am wondering. She lied on her family plan report and clearly lied to her commanding officer. The charges against her are heinous, although I think she caught a break. They should have charged her with first degree murder as well-she could easily have forseen this outcome for her baby. Not that she cared.

:jail:

I can't find an answer to whether or not it'd be listed... and whether or not she'd be send there.

Good morning everyone. I read over this thread & can't believe I didn't know of this case! What an adorable little girl!

Re Helen: I did a search on Helen Roxane Reyes on Veromi, looks like her last place of residence was Raleigh. I searched on 411 & found a match for a Helen Reyes in Raleigh that is the same age as Helen. I think they're the same person but I'm not sure. I don't believe she's incarcerated. I think she's living in an apartment.

Helen's bf deserves every bit of the dp imvho. What a .

Teghan's dad seems to be doing good & turning his life around. Maybe Teghan's death was a wake up call for him... I found several pictures of him, nice looking & appears healthy, he's been doing event planning stuff, I think construction as well but again not sure. Teghan resembles her father.

Re the Army family plan thingamajig... I don't think it should be the Army's responsibility to make sure a plan is in place for the care of anyone's child(ren). I think its the parent's responsibility to secure care for their child(ren). I wonder if that care plan info will be made public? Maybe that will come out if Helen goes on trial. Imvho, with Helen being a single parent, I don't think she should have been allowed to enter the Army. I sort of think its akin to leaving your child with family while you go off to pursue a career. Teghan's daddy was already in jail so all she had was her mother. Helen should have at the very least waited for her ex to get out of jail so he could watch his child, or let a set of grandparents be given custody. Seems like Teggy was lost in all the drama with her parents, just like so many other innocent children are.

So. Freaking. Sad.

N/M, looks like the biofather's middle initial is an "L".

Has anyone found out if Helen Reyes is in jail or not? I didn't find anything stating she is. I'd think at the very least she'd do a couple years, no? What gives?

Can't find anything on Helen but found that about JR.

SUPREME COURT OF NORTH CAROLINA PETITIONS
11 APRIL 2013

526P12
State v. Jonathan Douglas Richardson
1. Def’s PWC to Review Order of Superior Court of Johnston County
2. State’s Motion for Extension of Time Within Which to File Response to PWC
1. Denied
2. Allowed

http://appellate.nccourts.org/petitions/p-04122013.pdf

I've tried to find up-dates and trial dates for these 2 worthless
but can't find anything.

Rest in peace, sweet girl

Bumping this...any body know anything?????

Trial begins today, 2/24/14: From WRAL internet news. http://www.wral.com/trial-begins-in-smithfield-child-torture-case/13422670/

Trial begins in Smithfield child torture case

The Smithfield man charged with torturing the 4-year-old daughter of his girlfriend begins to learn his fate Monday. Opening statements are scheduled in the murder trial of Jonathan Douglas Richardson. 8

Smithfield, N.C. — The Smithfield man charged with torturing the 4-year-old daughter of his girlfriend begins to learn his fate Monday. Opening statements are scheduled in the murder trial of Jonathan Douglas Richardson.

In July 2010, Richardson, of 750 Old Sanders Road, took Teghan Skiba to a Smithfield hospital, claiming she had fallen off a bed. Doctors discovered Teghan had bite marks, head trauma and evidence of sexual assault. They transferred her to UNC Hospitals where she died three days later.

Richardson is charged with first-degree murder and child abuse while his then-girlfriend and Teghan's mother, Helen Reyes, faces a charge of negligent child abuse.

Because of the publicity that surrounded Teghan's death, jurors were selected from Harnett County. They will be bused to Smithfield each day for the trial.

I can't believe this has taken so long to make it to trial. I live in Smithfield and I work in healthcare field. I had a friend that worked in the ED and was working a shift the day she was brought in. Let's just say what this monster did to her, the words can't describe. Many of the nurses on shift that day and the ones who worked on her had to have counseling, and are still in it to this day. IMO, no trial is needed but innocent until proven guilty :(

Justice for Teghan

WRAL is airing opening statements live now here:

http://www.wral.com/news/video/13422985/

I didn't know they'd be streaming this one.

Does anyone know if a new thread should be started over in Trials, or should this one be moved, or should it all just stay here in the children's section?

http://www.wncn.com/story/24804180/...man-acussed-of-raping-killing-4-year-old-girl
WNCN -Raleigh, NC -- 2/24/13

Trial begins for Johnston Co. man charged in girl's death

You can click on these older articles at the Linked site:

RELATED STORIES

•Smithfield man accused of fatally beating girlfriend's daughter faces new charges

•4-year-old torture victim dies; suspect faces more charges

•Search warrants released in death of 4-year-old girl

•No abuse reports before death of 4-year-old torture victim

•Mother of murdered child charged

•NC mother charged with abuse facing court date

Thank you for the update and link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9442813
WTVD - Raleigh, NC - 2/24/13

Trial starts for man charged in the death of 4-year-old Teghan Skiba

You can read these older articles at the Linked site:

Related Content

Story: Man now facing sex assault charges in 4-year-old's death

Story: Autopsy: Four-year-old died from blow to head

Story: Mom indicted in child torture death case

Story: Mother of slain girl released

Story: Mother of dead child charged with abuse

Story: Man accused of torturing child 'lost it'

Story: Four-year-old torture victim dies

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/gallery?section=news/local&id=7581980&photo=1&pid=9442813
WTVD - Raleigh, NC --- Photo gallery

Photos from Teghan Alyssa Skiba case

7563954_600x338.jpg

1 of 12: Teghan Alyssa Skiba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics